30,000 average attendance

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

The advantage of having a bigger ground capacity means the pigs can bump up their home attendances by selling the whole Lepers Lane end to away fans. We can only accommodate 2900 away fans or season ticket holders have to be moved which in turn reduces ticket numbers for non ST holders like the disaster of the play off's two years ago when we sold more tickets than we had to to Forest fans.

Disagree about the east side of the city as its mostly blades.
Handsworth, darnall , Woodhouse all huge blades areas .
Kiveton and anston huge blades areas .
Wednesday are mostly the North of the city but if you've seen the large Rotherham United flag at games lately it says !!!
Nothing more shameful than a Rotherham owl.
Blades mostly draw local support whereas Wendy dig deep into barnsley, Rotherham, Mexborough etc areas.
Also before anyone forgets ---- wednesday had times in Europe in early 90s and signed players like waddle - di canio- bright etc etc and actually lost the premier league title as blades did the double over them .
They were big spenders back then yet still didn't average 30k .
There's loads of Blades in Rotherham too (as well as Pigs). Was 50/50 when I was at school in Swinton - it'd fluctuate a bit either way depending on who was doing better. Even back then, a lot of the pigs were the fair-weather types. Rawmarsh, Kilnhurst, Parkgate all big Blade areas too.

There's loads of pigs in Mexborough though. A few Blades too, but it's definitely more of the pig persuasion. I sense they get a lot of fans from Hoyland, Elsecar way, as well. I think the more you go towards Barnsley or Donny, it becomes more Wednesday.

There's loads of Blades in Rotherham too (as well as Pigs). Was 50/50 when I was at school in Swinton - it'd fluctuate a bit either way depending on who was doing better. Even back then, a lot of the pigs were the fair-weather types. Rawmarsh, Kilnhurst, Parkgate all big Blade areas too.

There's loads of pigs in Mexborough though. A few Blades too, but it's definitely more of the pig persuasion. I sense they get a lot of fans from Hoyland, Elsecar way, as well. I think the more you go towards Barnsley or Donny, it becomes more Wednesday.
My dad now lives at Birdwell and his local boozer Cock Inn has more blades than pigs/dingles. (Just)

Hoyland and Birdwell were always full of pigs.

It’s like this. Where I grew up (Darnell) 75% blades. Handsworth similar. Woodhouse not so much but still a blades area imo. Beighton 50/50. I lived on wybourne for a few years boozed in Windsor was surprised it was full of pigs. As was merry monk on manor. Park n aurborthorne club was 50/50 as was manor club. I think manor and arbour are blades areas tho and Woodthorpe is split. Pigs are obviously on the north side mainly. As for rovrum Donny Barnsley. Apart from mexborough denaby connisborough Swinton Maltby which are pigs strongholds imo there’s as many blades in all of em as pigs. Dinnington ls full of blades same as anston. And kivo. And swallownest. All come under Rotherham area btw. Massive blades areas

It’s like this. Where I grew up (Darnell) 75% blades. Handsworth similar. Woodhouse not so much but still a blades area imo. Beighton 50/50. I lived on wybourne for a few years boozed in Windsor was surprised it was full of pigs. As was merry monk on manor. Park n aurborthorne club was 50/50 as was manor club. I think manor and arbour are blades areas tho and Woodthorpe is split. Pigs are obviously on the north side mainly. As for rovrum Donny Barnsley. Apart from mexborough denaby connisborough Swinton Maltby which are pigs strongholds imo there’s as many blades in all of em as pigs. Dinnington ls full of blades same as anston. And kivo. And swallownest. All come under Rotherham area btw. Massive blades areas
Beighton 50 /50 your having a laugh ,always been a blades stronghold .

Demographics play a big part here. I’d say Wednesday comfortably still have 25-50% more people identifying as owls in Sheffield than blades. But most from the north and east side of the city that’s had a rough few decades. Vast majority can’t afford today’s prices. I’m no snob, I don’t blame them all, prices are ridiculous at Hillsborough. I don’t think anyone can say they have bad support given the utter crap they’ve been served up for twenty years.

But our relative upward trajectory (despite this season) won’t change anytime soon. :cool:
You could at least try to make a bit more effort and try to not be so obvious.

Beighton 50 /50 your having a laugh ,always been a blades stronghold .
Fox pub Beighton. Blades. Cumberland split. George. Pigs. Top club blades. Sothall club blades. Belfry was full of pigs. Ok. 60/40 blades.

Fox pub Beighton. Blades. Cumberland split. George. Pigs. Top club blades. Sothall club blades. Belfry was full of pigs. Ok. 60/40 blades.
I'm born and bred ,we don't really class the belfry as beighton ,George has gone ,old sothall bottom was 95%blades
Fox will always be blades ,sadly a few of the old Wednesday boys there was have passed away .

Where is Darnell? Darnall is near Handsworth, maybe that's where you mean?

When Wendy’s have a big game they put on buses to round up all the old piggies languishing in care homes.

Ffs not this again 😂. Pigs would piss 30k and a lot more if in prem. the prem now days is very very different to what it was last time pigs were init ffs. They’ve just averaged over 26k and been bottom of league entire season. Have a look at our averages when we got 100 points in league 1. People need to stop been a bit fucking deluded tbh. The fact is between 2 very shit teams and very shit run clubs we have just averaged well over 55k between us. It’s not pigs support that’s over hyped it’s Leeds and newcastles with bigger cities /populations and catchment areas that’s over hyped. Pigs have got the strangest fucking fans tho I’ll give them that
Agree 💯

Sorry but I agree in parts but not all.
Wendy gave the whole away end to several teams.
Clubs bringing 5/6k away support , twice as many as at the lane.

I'm born and bred ,we don't really class the belfry as beighton ,George has gone ,old sothall bottom was 95%blades
Fox will always be blades ,sadly a few of the old Wednesday boys there was have passed away .
The George has gone BUT the people are still in Beighton. I can go round most of boozers in Sheffield areas I’m a bit of an expert at it. I went in fox other week. That morning a bus full of pigs left from there to go to Blackburn They opened up at 6 am for em. I watched that match in there with blokes you’ll probably know. Good old bladesmen.

D A R N A L L🙈

I can confirm Swallownest, Kivo, Dinnington and happily Anston have plenty of Blades around try getting on the X5 after a game they are packed in like sardines and way overloaded and at times leave some behind to wait for the next bus.

I know alot of worksop and Mansfield blades and Shirebrook all loyal . All in Rotterdam v sparta known em years , good lads shady and that .
Big blades area .
Derby has at least 30 blades and we stick together .

Darnall and handsworth blades are the blades stronghold.
Tough tough tough

Back to the 30k average. There will be a lot of tourists looking for tickets - Son is maybe the highest-profile Asian player in the world, so there should be plenty of demand. But can anyone just buy a ticket? Don't you need to be a member or have points / purchase history?

Back to the 30k average. There will be a lot of tourists looking for tickets - Son is maybe the highest-profile Asian player in the world, so there should be plenty of demand. But can anyone just buy a ticket? Don't you need to be a member or have points / purchase history?
Might be wrong but isn't their a site where you can buy tickets from instead of the clubs TO? Upper tier seems to always have students and randoms I've heard before.

There are rules to prevent away supporters buying tickets in the home end. Spurs general sale is 500 loyalty points and an account. There's no official way for 'neutrals' or tourists to buy tickets, though there will be plenty on the resale sites

Bout 29k ain't it. There's is sold out every single game at the minute including all returned season tickets, even there cup games too. Over 10k on a season ticket waiting list as well. Gone through the roof there demand to go. They've put the season tickets up ridiculously as well for next season and they weren't too far off going down.
Why is it that other clubs develop such followings but we never can whether succeeding or failing ?
Is the city too poor ?
Have Sheffielders lost their love of live football ?
Look at Barcodes. , Mackems , Leeds , even the feckin pigs !
Is the Peak District or Meadowhall such an attraction or have generations learned through bitter experience that long-term success never actually comes our way ?

Why is it that other clubs develop such followings but we never can whether succeeding or failing ?
Is the city too poor ?
Have Sheffielders lost their love of live football ?
Look at Barcodes. , Mackems , Leeds , even the feckin pigs !
Is the Peak District or Meadowhall such an attraction or have generations learned through bitter experience that long-term success never actually comes our way ?
To be fair Leeds, Newcastle and Sunderland are cities with one football team. I'm guessing if you grow up there, you support that one team.

Look at Leeds... one football team and similar population to Sheffield! Us and pigs get over 50k every home game so it makes sense.

Back
Top Bottom