30,000 average attendance

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

I’m not sure they would you know.

Wednesday are probably the most over hyped club ever. And this ends up occasionally with pundits outside of our area ‘bigging’ them up based on little factual knowledge. Ie even up here in Huddersfield no one can believe me when I tell them that the last time they had a home average of over 30,000 was 1968 - over 45 years ago!

However, fact is for ‘big matches’ they have a significant floating support you enjoy the odd big day out. Hence why I accept they can pull some fantastic attendances for some matches. But on a match to match basis over a full season, we are both very similar in terms of numbers through the turnstiles.
It's also over 55 years ago !! :)

Watched their recent game v Norwich on Sky - not a cat in hells chance was there 28,500 in the ground !!

More interested to see how many are left for the semi lap of shame.

I hope plenty stay just to acknowledge those who have been great servants to us over recent years and are now off.

Despite this season's shitshow Baldock, Bash, Norwood, maybe McBurnie, maybe Wes etc deserve a good send off.
I’ll be there - unless we are losing at any point then I’m off - fk em - all of em

But I’ll be there

Tottenham attendance will be about the same as against Forest I would have thought.
Fuck the pigs , let's get back to us.
Does it break down like this :
23k STs
3k away fans
So that's 26k
So around 4.5k for walk-ups.
Looking at the BLUT last week , which has at least 3k (if not more) of the walk-up seats , i can't believe more than 1,000 were in there.
So even if every other walk-up (1.500) was sold , I can't see the gate was more than 28.5k v Forest.
I suspect we won't achieve enough v Spurs to make the 30k average.
We don't have a lot of floating support that comes in when we're winning promotion - I don't know why not , coz the BLUT is the best view in football , high up but not in the clouds , steep rake , close to pitch - you are literally sitting over the goalie's shoulder.
Newcomers are treated to an excellent seat anywhere in the BLUT.
And still we can't fill it very often , not even in the PL - mystery to me.

23k STs
3k away fans
So that's 26k
Looking at the BLUT last week , which has at least 3k (if not more) of the walk-up seats , i can't believe more than 1,000 were in there.
So even if every other walk-up (1.500) was sold , I can't see the gate was more than 28.5k v Forest.
We don't have a lot of floating support that comes in when we're winning promotion - I don't know why not , coz the BLUT is the best view in football , high up but not in the clouds , steep rake , close to pitch - you are literally sitting over the goalie's shoulder.
I’ll say it again: Koreans.

23k STs
3k away fans
So that's 26k

Whatever happens we've still had good support this season for a team that has been rock bottom with no chance of staying up.

30k average is excellent. I agree with a point someone makes further up, tourists (far east) will fill up the BLUT for spurs game to see Son.

re the snorters, if (huge if!) they were to get top flight of course they would fill their ground. They not had top flight football for 24+ years/ seasons now. There'll be fans in their early 30's never seen them play top flight, best they had is two play offs in championships. The interest and excitement at playing big clubs would easily pack the Sty out. In fairness to them, they've had 24 years of shite, to get the crowds they do is commendable in all honesty.

Ffs not this again 😂. Pigs would piss 30k and a lot more if in prem. the prem now days is very very different to what it was last time pigs were init ffs. They’ve just averaged over 26k and been bottom of league entire season. Have a look at our averages when we got 100 points in league 1. People need to stop been a bit fucking deluded tbh. The fact is between 2 very shit teams and very shit run clubs we have just averaged well over 55k between us. It’s not pigs support that’s over hyped it’s Leeds and newcastles with bigger cities /populations and catchment areas that’s over hyped. Pigs have got the strangest fucking fans tho I’ll give them that

For a long time, Wednesday had a larger ‘core’ fan base than us. That’s a fact. Then for a number of reasons that changed in the early 2000’s and these days I reckon we’ve got marginally a larger core.
If we were both in the same division performing roughly the same, I’d expect their average would still be higher because, ground regs notwithstanding, they have a larger capacity. If we could increase our capacity, then I’m confident we’d have the highest average.

I think swillsborugh is down to about 34k max now parts have been condemned.

If they got 16 points in the prem what do you think there average attendance would be? Do you think they'd only have 25k home fans there for quite a few games? Do you think they'd only sell out 3 times? Seen as for some reason you brought them into this what are your thoughts on all those questions?
What motivates someone to. Go on. A rivals forum use the term Bladesman in their username pretend to be A blade and spend their time stirring shit
God forbid if I ever found myself doing that I think it would Signify the bottom of my existence

Ffs not this again 😂. Pigs would piss 30k and a lot more if in prem. the prem now days is very very different to what it was last time pigs were init ffs. They’ve just averaged over 26k and been bottom of league entire season. Have a look at our averages when we got 100 points in league 1. People need to stop been a bit fucking deluded tbh. The fact is between 2 very shit teams and very shit run clubs we have just averaged well over 55k between us. It’s not pigs support that’s over hyped it’s Leeds and newcastles with bigger cities /populations and catchment areas that’s over hyped. Pigs have got the strangest fucking fans tho I’ll give them that
This all day long, I've said it for yrs, for the level of success between the two club's to have this level of support is remarkable.
This constant debate over attendances between the supporters is like two bald men fighting over a comb.

This all day long, I've said it for yrs, for the level of success between the two club's to have this level of support is remarkable.
This constant debate over attendances between the supporters is like two bald men fighting over a comb.
Given Sheffields position as the birthplace of football, its truly shocking state. The comb fight is over who has the biggest lice in the baldmans comb. Both fanbases have been conned into thinking that they are the problem, when it's the tolerance of catastrophic ownership and management for over 60years..

Infraction given
What motivates someone to. Go on. A rivals forum use the term Bladesman in their username pretend to be A blade and spend their time stirring shit
God forbid if I ever found myself doing that I think it would Signify the bottom of my existence
What you on about you fucking weird cunt

Given Sheffields position as the birthplace of football, its truly shocking state. The comb fight is over who has the biggest lice in the baldmans comb. Both fanbases have been conned into thinking that they are the problem, when it's the tolerance of catastrophic ownership and management for over 60years..
Just Yesterday on FB for some reason I keep getting notifications from a Leeds United webpage pop up. Believe me I’ve blocked one already but I’ve got something now from a LUFC Belfast supporters forum hitting my fb now. Yesterday it showed the highest away following in English football. It was Leeds United 2800ish. Followed by … yes. The pigs. They were 59 behind. Just 59 behind, one were top 3 all season others were bottom 3 all season. Why the pigs travel like they do I don’t know but it shows me yet again how over hyped Leeds support is for the size of the city and the huge catchment area they have to drag fans from. By FAR the most over hyped fanbase in the country Leeds

Just Yesterday on FB for some reason I keep getting notifications from a Leeds United webpage pop up. Believe me I’ve blocked one already but I’ve got something now from a LUFC Belfast supporters forum hitting my fb now. Yesterday it showed the highest away following in English football. It was Leeds United 2800ish. Followed by … yes. The pigs. They were 59 behind. Just 59 behind, one were top 3 all season others were bottom 3 all season. Why the pigs travel like they do I don’t know but it shows me yet again how over hyped Leeds support is for the size of the city and the huge catchment area they have to drag fans from. By FAR the most over hyped fanbase in the country Leeds
Hype is maybe the issue, as if you don't promote you don't progress. It's precisely what Sheffield is not good at.
The general measure of how successful clubs are is the volume of Twitter followers as its an indication of the interest in"our brand". This link from 2023 shows that we're in the relegation position for that as well... https://www.planetfootball.com/quic...-every-club-twitter-followers-ranking-man-utd

Can't work out if you are a pig or a Leeds fan as all your posts are about one or the other

Will we be invading the pitch to celebrate getting out of this damn awful league?

I said he’d have no bother getting a couple to which a pig fan piped up - “not selling out last day, what a disgrace”.

Point out to your pig
“Not as daft as I thought you lot, keep away from the theatre of rust in your thousands”
See his little snout twitch as he works out whether to admit to been thick, or the grounds a shit hole

IMG_3802.png

Can't work out if you are a pig or a Leeds fan as all your posts are about one or the other
I have more reasons than you’ll ever understand to hate pigs but also some very good pals that’s are pigs. I’m a Darnell then handsworth lad till I early 20s then moved place to place. Worked with loadsa Leeds fans on railways good lads tbf but like I say deluded as fuck. I’ve probably seen United away more times than you’ve been to lane but that probably cos of my age. What you’ll find with me is I speak in facts. I can’t cope with deluded idiots whether blades pigs or anybody else. That’s just me. Don’t like it? No dangers 👍

Back
Top Bottom