23/24 season kit thread

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

The Adidas USG one? That was awful. I've got one still in its wrapper where its staying. Never to see the light of day its that bad. People slag the diamond one off but at least that was trying to be bad.
That’ll show them how crap it was and how much you hate it, by buying it and keeping it in its wrapper 😂👏🏼👏🏼

These factories make legal kits during the day, then moonlight making DH Gate kits. Most certainly it's real and it's one of the worst kits we've ever had IMO (I've never liked a V-neck though). Hoping for a decent away/third kit. They're likely guessing on the sponsor though, no confirmation unless I've missed it.

These factories make legal kits during the day, then moonlight making DH Gate kits. Most certainly it's real and it's one of the worst kits we've ever had IMO (I've never liked a V-neck though). Hoping for a decent away/third kit. They're likely guessing on the sponsor though, no confirmation unless I've missed it.
Yes, I thought Bettis said we were looking for a new sponsor.
If that goes as smoothly as the takeover negotiations have then that monstrosity should be in the Blades shop by December!

What don’t we like about this shirt? Never understood the issue. A nice smart remake of our first ever shirt for the 125 years season.

Centenary/Commerative shirts have been popular at other clubs. They loved the Maroon one at Arsenal.

Totally agree with the sentiment. I used that particular shirt to illustrate one of the major requirements people have for our shirts - ' needs to be predominantly red with white stripes' and yet sometimes they aren't so maybe we should be happy when they are....

That’ll show them how crap it was and how much you hate it, by buying it and keeping it in its wrapper 😂👏🏼👏🏼
Never said I bought it. I said I'd got one in its wrapper. Devils in the detail.

The Adidas USG one? That was awful. I've got one still in its wrapper where its staying. Never to see the light of day its that bad. People slag the diamond one off but at least that was trying to be bad.
That's the one, like 3 different kits sewn together. Monstrosity.

I've gone back to TomHeffernan post 2-3 times, thinking "maybe it's not that bad, maybe I'm overreacting". But it is, and I'm not. If that's it, and why wouldn't it be, it's utterly dreadful. When's next next season's kit out??

Probably so kid don't get bullied. Possibly. Do kids know fakes from legit?

If they had more stock of this shirt - the limited number of which makes little sense anyway - I'd have bought one. As is, I've gone to Chyna for one. I'm not not contributing to the club if they don't have any to sell am I?

The maroon shirt - how many of those were for sale? Very limited. Someone somewhere fucked up hence this statement from United about improving stuff. They either didn't anticipate them selling well so kept numbers down, or Errea simply couldn't produce the numbers asked of them. And when was the maroon shirt thought of anyway? It wasn't available until well into the season.

Also, what pisses me off about this cloak and dagger code bullshit it that if the club released the actual final design, they could gauge response either positive or negative and then anticipate sales. Maybe we'll have an absolutely honking away kit they order 10k of, only for it to not sell thus wasting money. Or its amazing, they only order 10k and there's not enough, thus missing out on more money. (10k is a ball park figure for sake of argument, make your own figures up if you so wish). This is why companies have market research, to gather opinion before releasing the final product.

Not united. We have to give out clues that aren't clues at all "nod to an old kit" - which one? Which era? I can think of 30 shirts if not more. Thanks for that. Really gets me excited. It's actually quite pathetic really.
It’s not really ‘cloak and dagger’.

They’ll have a date when everything is released, no point releasing it now if there aren’t any made and available to buy. They’ll want to make a fuss on socials so need the players not to be on holiday, probably therefore looking at early July for the release date.

The main thing this year is that there needs to be a short time between the official release and when they’re on sale, preferably before the season starts as well so all the middle aged men who wear football shirts can get one for their holiday!

It’s not really ‘cloak and dagger’.

They’ll have a date when everything is released, no point releasing it now if there aren’t any made and available to buy. They’ll want to make a fuss on socials so need the players not to be on holiday, probably therefore looking at early July for the release date.

The main thing this year is that there needs to be a short time between the official release and when they’re on sale, preferably before the season starts as well so all the middle aged men who wear football shirts can get one for their holiday!

I give up.

"There aren't any made" - yet club stated early July release. You suggesting Errea can knock up x amount of shirts, bag em up and ship em from scratch in a month? No. They can't. So a design exists. The final design exists. Why can't thay design be plastered on the website?

'It's a nod to the past' 😂 😂 😂 😂

I like it 👍 Some absolute legends wore the original… shame we sold them all in the January window of course!! 🤣

If the club don’t know who our sponsor will be yet they won’t be doing a kit launch as it will be combined with the sponsorship announcement. A new company is going to want a proper press release with their logo prominent in exchange for their millions.

The sponsor logos are ironed on (badly) by a separate contractor. So even if they have two shipping containers full of them othe country they won’t be in any position to sell them until that is sorted.

I give up.

"There aren't any made" - yet club stated early July release. You suggesting Errea can knock up x amount of shirts, bag em up and ship em from scratch in a month? No. They can't. So a design exists. The final design exists. Why can't thay design be plastered on the website?

Of course some are made, if the club has anything about them then they’ll have been agreed and a number made months ago.

I assume they’ll be working on producing and shipping as many as possible in time for the official release date, rather than releasing them and selling them 3 months later in limited quantities.

I’m assuming that there’ll be production cycles and logistical planning to be factored in, rather than keeping one bloke on the internet from getting his knickers in a twist!

I agree on all the ‘nod to the past’ bollocks though. Absolute load of shite.

Of course some are made, if the club has anything about them then they’ll have been agreed and a number made months ago.

I assume they’ll be working on producing and shipping as many as possible in time for the official release date, rather than releasing them and selling them 3 months later in limited quantities.

I’m assuming that there’ll be production cycles and logistical planning to be factored in, rather than keeping one bloke on the internet from getting his knickers in a twist!

I agree on all the ‘nod to the past’ bollocks though. Absolute load of shite.
As I've mentioned before though, giving us a look means they can gauge response to it either way. They've got the design, they won't be making any changes to it so why not just show us what it is? I don't get it. Or tell us what year its based on. 'A nod to the past' could read 'we've based it on the Marcelo shirt from 1998' or whatever. Tell us a bit more. They're not going to change the design are they.

As I've mentioned before though, giving us a look means they can gauge response to it either way. They've got the design, they won't be making any changes to it so why not just show us what it is? I don't get it. Or tell us what year its based on. 'A nod to the past' could read 'we've based it on the Marcelo shirt from 1998' or whatever. Tell us a bit more. They're not going to change the design are they.
I remember we got a vote on it in 97. There were voting slips inside the programme with 3 designs.

As I've mentioned before though, giving us a look means they can gauge response to it either way. They're not going to change the design are they.
Exactly. So what’s the point in gauging response early? If it goes on sale in early July what’s the point in revealing it in late May?

I give up.

It is a nod to the past. As in, last season's kit is now in the past and that was wank, and now this one is too. A nod to the past!

Back
Top Bottom