23/24 season kit thread

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

It's getting to the point where there's no point buying expensive items because the assumption will be that they're snide
This 👆🏼

I've wanted a Canada Goose for years and nearly spent £700 on one about 6-7years ago.
Glad I didn't now as every bugger seems to have one. Like you say, what's point spending £700 for people to assume it's fake.

I stick to mid-range, affordable designer stuff - Belstaff, Ralph Lauren, Boss etc.

This 👆🏼

I've wanted a Canada Goose for years and nearly spent £700 on one about 6-7years ago.
Glad I didn't now as every bugger seems to have one. Like you say, what's point spending £700 for people to assume it's fake.

I stick to mid-range, affordable designer stuff - Belstaff, Ralph Lauren, Boss etc.
I purchased an Armani coat in 1990 from Harrods for £350 as at the time I was awash with cash. Wore it for a year, decided I didn't like it anymore (and the lining wasn't great), and took it back getting a full refund. Mad to think that was the equivalent of over £1K in today's money.

This 👆🏼

Depends if you care about the status that comes with the item or not I suppose.

I have a Canada Goose (feel a reyt twat typing that 😂) and I’m so toasty warm when I’m sat watching the game that I really don’t give a shit if someone thinks it’s fake… the people wearing fakes aren’t cocooned away in their own warmth while everyone freezes their bollocks off (to complete the feeling I recommend a hot Bovril).

I guess I agree when it comes to less practical designer stuff, as the benefits aren't as tangible.

Depends if you care about the status that comes with the item or not I suppose.

I have a Canada Goose (feel a reyt twat typing that 😂) and I’m so toasty warm when I’m sat watching the game that I really don’t give a shit if someone thinks it’s fake… the people wearing fakes aren’t cocooned away in their own warmth while everyone freezes their bollocks off (to complete the feeling I recommend a hot Bovril).

I guess I agree when it comes to less practical designer stuff, as the benefits aren't as tangible.
I'd say you've hit 2 points there.

If you're wearing a polo shirt with designer names on, i'd say you're wearing it as a status thing - yes there's a comfort part too, but you can get comfort from H&M.

Regarding the warmth. That's a good point. TBH, Canada Goose aren't actually neccessary in this country in reality. We get freezing temperatures for about 2 weeks a year.

If you're wearing a polo shirt with designer names on, i'd say you're wearing it as a status thing - yes there's a comfort part too, but you can get comfort from H&M.

Regarding the warmth. That's a good point. TBH, Canada Goose aren't actually neccessary in this country in reality. We get freezing temperatures for about 2 weeks a year.
You can get a good warm down jacket for a quarter of the price of a 🇨🇦🪿

Yeah all the full on Arctic gear people wear (including myself) is total overkill here other than in a proper cold snap.

But two things - it’s well designed so that you don’t feel hot wearing it even when it isn’t that cold and when you’re outdoors sat on your arse (eg. at a football game) it’s funny how quickly 5 degrees can feel like -5 degrees, or maybe I’m just a bit of a pansy 😂.

You can get a good warm down jacket for a quarter of the price of a 🇨🇦🪿

I wouldn’t be at all surprised if you’re right mate. You’re always paying for the brand at least a bit when you go for these big name fancy products.

Was in the Meadowhall Blades shop this morning. A largish, loud, sweaty smelling bird walked in wanting to know how much the white away shirts were with the 40% off. After being told the asking price and confirming that she'd "av one" it took several attempts to find a shirt in her size without clearly visible sewing errors, badge misplacement, or stitching problems.
Hope the next Errea batch is a fair bit better in terms of quality.
utb

Was in the Meadowhall Blades shop this morning. A largish, loud, sweaty smelling bird walked in wanting to know how much the white away shirts were with the 40% off. After being told the asking price and confirming that she'd "av one" it took several attempts to find a shirt in her size without clearly visible sewing errors, badge misplacement, or stitching problems.
Hope the next Errea batch is a fair bit better in terms of quality.
utb
Didn't someone say that this years kits were a rush job as we were hoping to stick with adidas for another year while Errea was trialled at United World clubs. LB Châteauroux kit certainly looks better quality than ours, assuming that they were the main team Errea were pitching for last season?? chateauroux_1200x800 (1).jpgIG_1_2 (1).jpg

Anyone who has bought from DHgate before, I got an email today saying dispatched. Royal Mail tracking says dispatched on the 18th. So where am I in relation to where it is? The dispatch email is 5 days later than dispatch date.
I decided to give dhgate one last chance after 4 failed attempts at ordering kits for my boys. I was surprised to see the promotion kit on there so thought why not. It shipped today with an estimated delivery date of 28/7 😂

Which vendor did you use?

Edit: try using parcelsapp.com for tracking info as it tends to give a lot more detail

I haven't had issues with dhgate or wish. I have realistic expectations and what I have bought has been good value for money.

Looking forward to seeing what they come up with following the limited edition promotion shirt. I've got a feeling a Steel grey shirt might be on the cards 🤔
I’ve heard grey shirt for away kit next year and it’s very average looking. Source is normally spot on to be fair.

No idea for home shirt but would guess something similar to the Umbro kit with laces maybe.

Would anyone consider going back to Jade and Navy Blue for an away kit? Remember it being quite a good 'un in the 90's

Here's some food for thought....

I've not seen that page before. Like it. Thanks. The only one I think is missing is Sunderland away 1991. They've got other one offs in there like Walsall away 2017 (less said...).

As for the jade and navy, I refused to get when I was a kid as it was blue, but as time has passed (and I've seen the pictures of the royal blue kit from the 70s) it has grown on me. Still doesn't change the fact it is a relegation kit though...

Loads of Moncler coats been spotted at my kids school as well, what's the point?!

It's getting to the point where there's no point buying expensive items because the assumption will be that they're snide.

I've bought an Ndiaye Senegal shirt for my son (couldn't buy kids sizes online in the Puma store pre-world cup) and a few basketball vests for him as well, that's pretty much all I'd consider buying. Fake designer gear is one for the twats thread.

Blades shirts I see as a contribution to the club, so wouldn't buy fake.
Probably so kid don't get bullied. Possibly. Do kids know fakes from legit?

If they had more stock of this shirt - the limited number of which makes little sense anyway - I'd have bought one. As is, I've gone to Chyna for one. I'm not not contributing to the club if they don't have any to sell am I?

The maroon shirt - how many of those were for sale? Very limited. Someone somewhere fucked up hence this statement from United about improving stuff. They either didn't anticipate them selling well so kept numbers down, or Errea simply couldn't produce the numbers asked of them. And when was the maroon shirt thought of anyway? It wasn't available until well into the season.

Also, what pisses me off about this cloak and dagger code bullshit it that if the club released the actual final design, they could gauge response either positive or negative and then anticipate sales. Maybe we'll have an absolutely honking away kit they order 10k of, only for it to not sell thus wasting money. Or its amazing, they only order 10k and there's not enough, thus missing out on more money. (10k is a ball park figure for sake of argument, make your own figures up if you so wish). This is why companies have market research, to gather opinion before releasing the final product.

Not united. We have to give out clues that aren't clues at all "nod to an old kit" - which one? Which era? I can think of 30 shirts if not more. Thanks for that. Really gets me excited. It's actually quite pathetic really.

If they had more stock of this shirt - the limited number of which makes little sense anyway - I'd have bought one. As is, I've gone to Chyna for one. I'm not not contributing to the club if they don't have any to sell am I?

The maroon shirt - how many of those were for sale? Very limited. Someone somewhere fucked up hence this statement from United about improving stuff. They either didn't anticipate them selling well so kept numbers down, or Errea simply couldn't produce the numbers asked of them. And when was the maroon shirt thought of anyway? It wasn't available until well into the season.

Also, what pisses me off about this cloak and dagger code bullshit it that if the club released the actual final design, they could gauge response either positive or negative and then anticipate sales. Maybe we'll have an absolutely honking away kit they order 10k of, only for it to not sell thus wasting money. Or its amazing, they only order 10k and there's not enough, thus missing out on more money. (10k is a ball park figure for sake of argument, make your own figures up if you so wish). This is why companies have market research, to gather opinion before releasing the final product.

Not united. We have to give out clues that aren't clues at all "nod to an old kit" - which one? Which era? I can think of 30 shirts if not more. Thanks for that. Really gets me excited. It's actually quite pathetic really.
Agree 100%. There’s stuff where you can see the purpose of keeping it hidden - transfers, budgets, that kind of thing - but there’s absolutely nowt to be gained by us being so secretive and behind the curve with stuff like the kit. Like you said, it probably does us harm in the long run.

It’s not cloak and dagger though is it?

There’s already an expected release date. They will release it with some promo videos to build up the hype etc

I’m not a marketing man but I assume given literally every club and every product launch does this, that’s a better way to sell a product rather that popping out a grainy picture / computer drawing of it to appease fans who want to see it and have no patience.

den haag 2223.jpgScreenshot 2023-05-31 20.15.29.png

Den Haag 22/23 v Den Haag 23/24

Erreà and ADO Den Haag are delighted to present the club's new shirt for the 2023-2024 season. Inspired by past editions, the shirt is a combination of tradition and innovation, confirming the bold and creative style of the Dutch team.

It comes in an avant-garde design inspired by the club's classic green and yellow stripes but with a new diagonal layout, creating a central yellow diamond that brings to mind some of the most important moments in the club's history.

1995-96-sheffield-united-home-2881-1.jpg

They wouldn't, would they . . . . . . . . . . .

It’s not cloak and dagger though is it?

There’s already an expected release date. They will release it with some promo videos to build up the hype etc

I’m not a marketing man but I assume given literally every club and every product launch does this, that’s a better way to sell a product rather that popping out a grainy picture / computer drawing of it to appease fans who want to see it and have no patience.
Release it with a promo video when it's all finished and ready to sell. Not what I said is it? The earlier they release images or details they can gauge response. Might be a stormer, might not. The cloak and dagger is all this hints and little clues as to what the design is without saying anything at all. "It's a nod to a kit from the past" - oh is it? Which one? Which decade? Is it one that has, in the recent past come to be a firm favourite or, like the diamond, a bit of a cult classic for it being shit? And if it is diamonds for example, or some form of twist on it, do we want it? This is why the club could and should release images sooner the better. Then Errea could/should adapt or tweak it best they can.

There are dozens of shirt images already released for next season. Why we have to be different god only knows really.

Release it with a promo video when it's all finished and ready to sell. Not what I said is it? The earlier they release images or details they can gauge response. Might be a stormer, might not. The cloak and dagger is all this hints and little clues as to what the design is without saying anything at all. "It's a nod to a kit from the past" - oh is it? Which one? Which decade? Is it one that has, in the recent past come to be a firm favourite or, like the diamond, a bit of a cult classic for it being shit? And if it is diamonds for example, or some form of twist on it, do we want it? This is why the club could and should release images sooner the better. Then Errea could/should adapt or tweak it best they can.

There are dozens of shirt images already released for next season. Why we have to be different god only knows really.

This article from 3 days ago suggest fuck all is known about the kits from 90% of the PL. there’s about 3 clubs with some leaked photos.

The supplier won’t be able to redesign it now… it’s too late. Think how poor the quality was as we didn’t confirm the final designs until late in the process last time due to the take over negotiations. And that was months before the stage we are at now.

And People will buy the kit however it looks unless it’s blue and white. They don’t really need to gauge response as they aren’t producing them all at once.

The clues are to stoke interest and speculation. Just enjoy it, enjoy people mocking up kits and making suggestions. It’ll be July soon enough and you’ll see it then and if not there will be some grainy leaked photos in advance of that.

I remember when there were votes in the programs so fans could choose the follow seasons kits… but then we would have nothing to talk about for months.

Back
Top Bottom