23/24 season kit thread

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

not to steal mattbianco1 's thunder but i like to piss about on pesmaster and make kits (normally based on my favourite retros but updated) so i thought i'd share a few!

start off with some home kits

i know the last one's gonna get absolutely hated but that diamond kit is one of my favourites haha
Love the first one with the small crossed swords within it.

Can’t cope with over complicated collars like most of them. Make shirts look ugly. Simple round neck, very subtle V neck or straight forward collar.
I fully agree with you the only negative about the shirt was the collar. A round neck would be much classier on the shirt, getting rid of the extra and unecessary crossed swords on the neck, but I thought asking him to redo it was a bit mean. Any variation on the yellow and purple halved shirt would be a winner for me though.

not to steal mattbianco1 's thunder but i like to piss about on pesmaster and make kits (normally based on my favourite retros but updated) so i thought i'd share a few!

start off with some home kits

i know the last one's gonna get absolutely hated but that diamond kit is one of my favourites haha
Number 1 is sound!

I fully agree with you the only negative about the shirt was the collar. A round neck would be much classier on the shirt, getting rid of the extra and unecessary crossed swords on the neck, but I thought asking him to redo it was a bit mean. Any variation on the yellow and purple halved shirt would be a winner for me though.
Yeah I get you, does look a bit busy in hindsight - the original has the avec logo there so was trying to think of some way to update that!
All a bit of fun init haha

Yeah I get you, does look a bit busy in hindsight - the original has the avec logo there so was trying to think of some way to update that!
All a bit of fun init haha
You'll never please everybody pal... I liked it. Few tweaks and you've got a great shirt! The original is one of my favourite ever away shirts. Again, an age thing, growing up in the 90's the avec shirts are right up there for me.

Why don't the club just show us what it is instead of this cloak and dagger bollocks? All these little hints and clues. Just show us what it is so we can stop all these rumours and fan concept things. Every year its the same. Treating us like little kids in the run up to Christmas. "Am I getting lego daddy?"
'Well your main present is a nod to a present from a few years ago while trying to keep it modern'
"Prick daddy"
'I deserve that'

Why don't the club just show us what it is instead of this cloak and dagger bollocks? All these little hints and clues. Just show us what it is so we can stop all these rumours and fan concept things. Every year its the same. Treating us like little kids in the run up to Christmas. "Am I getting lego daddy?"
'Well your main present is a nod to a present from a few years ago while trying to keep it modern'
"Prick daddy"
'I deserve that'
They will show us what it is, that’s the point of the release

They will show us what it is, that’s the point of the release
Oh right. So there's no design? There's no final print? No final drawing? It's literally not known whatsoever until its in the shop?

Like I say, the cloak and dagger stuff irritates me. It's not necessary. It's like they want to be edgy and have this magical mysterious reveal instead of just, ya know, showing us what to expect.

Instead of a month of 'it's great/it's wank' - we'll have all that in a day.

Oh right. So there's no design? There's no final print? No final drawing? It's literally not known whatsoever until its in the shop?

Like I say, the cloak and dagger stuff irritates me. It's not necessary. It's like they want to be edgy and have this magical mysterious reveal instead of just, ya know, showing us what to expect.

Instead of a month of 'it's great/it's wank' - we'll have all that in a day.
What are you on about? Of course there’s ‘a design’. You’re asking for it to be released before the release, it doesn’t make any sense 😂 that’s the whole point of a marketing campaign, build some hype and then drop it at its peak

What are you on about? Of course there’s ‘a design’. You’re asking for it to be released before the release, it doesn’t make any sense 😂 that’s the whole point of a marketing campaign, build some hype and then drop it at its peak
There's been quite a few other kits released. We can't even tell our fans which kit has been 'nodded' to. Why not? I just don't find all the pomp and ceremony worth owt tbh. It'll still get rated or slated but still get bought regardless. Saving it until release date makes no odds.

As long as the number on the back is printed on a plain square so I can read it - not on stripes which makes it illegible - I couldn't give a fuck about the pattern

See this is where I don’t envy the designers because imo the square/triangle badges look wank. The United badge is on a circle
And because it's a circle, for me it stands out handsomely amongst all others when shown on Sky etc.
Always the first bit of the shirt my eyes are drawn to.
Simple,effective and fills me up.😊👍

Going by the article from a couple of pages back the home shirt with a nod to a popular shirt from the past could be something based on the '96 shirt that was released as part of the retro collection just nice simple red & white stripes..... And the away shirt with links to Sheffield heritage I would say is silver / grey relating to steel & silver.

Reckon if they're gonna go for grey it might be more along these lines s-l1600.jpg

Back
Top Bottom