23/24 season kit thread

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Incredible, bets on what page we get to before the first image of a 1970s shirts with the Sheffield city crest on appears and we get the first person complaining that there's a thread in the first place?

Love the design of this year's home and 3rd but they look cheap and that lets them down a bit. Away kits and home keeper kits are wank so, nothing like that again.

I think this seasons home kit was everything a Blades kit should be. The stripes, black shorts/socks, the badge 👍 so only a couple of minor changes, maybe a V collar? Something like that.
I’d like to see a couple of older away kits resurrected and given a modern look. Yellow with red shorts/socks for example.
This one Sheffield_United_Alan_Woodward_Edited2.png

Now the season has finished, Its all here, now is the ideal time to start the thread. Complete boredom is beckoning.
Its all here, so if you can all please specify what you want from
the shirts to see us through to next season,
so Cue the hundreds of questions such as
When is it released?
Who’s making it ?
How thin/thick will the stripes be ?
Black shorts ? White socks ?
Mini kits ?
Hows the sizing ?
How fucking much ?
Wonky badges and stitching?
How do you like your collars and stripes! ?
Off you pop…….
Seen a mock up. Historic change to blue and white stripes so we can emulate Brighton.

I asked everyones new best friend AI to 'Blend' the shirts people have been highlighting here:

Blended Blades Shirts 01.jpg

So there it is, the quintessential Blades Shirt, according to an incredibly narrow set of parameters.....

And, just the throw Cat in w'it pigeons, some of the ones I likes when I asked the AI to 'Imagine a photograph of a new red, white and black striped Sheffield United football shirt for the 2024 season in the Premier League'

FWIW, I've no idea where the Gold has come from in a lot of these. Does add a certain something though.

Ron_Justice_a_photograph_of_a_new_red_white_and_black_stripeds 01.png Ron_Justice_a_photograph_of_a_new_red_white_and_black_stripeds 02.pngRon_Justice_a_photograph_of_a_new_red_white_and_black_stripeds 03.png

Ron_Justice_a_photograph_of_a_new_red_white_and_black_stripeds 04.pngRon_Justice_a_photograph_of_a_new_red_white_and_black_stripeds 05.pngRon_Justice_a_photograph_of_a_new_red_white_and_black_stripeds 06.png

And, just the throw Cat in w'it pigeons, some of the ones I likes when I asked the AI to 'Imagine a photograph of a new red, white and black striped Sheffield United football shirt for the 2024 season in the Premier League'

FWIW, I've no idea where the Gold has come from in a lot of these. Does add a certain something though.

View attachment 160014 View attachment 160015View attachment 160016

View attachment 160017View attachment 160018View attachment 160019
I reckon it equates golden to Premier

For me, simple criteria.

1. Not Errea, they've been cheap and disappointing, and don't scream Premier League quality. This won't happen though, multi-year deal, sadly. Tinpot.
  2. Stripes, front and back. This allegedly won't happen either, Premier League nonsense. Supposedly.
  3. Black trim on shirt, simplistic and classy.
  4. Pinstripes, not fussed either way. Happy with or without.
  5. Black shorts, black socks, red and white trim on both.
Think no. 2 is a myth. See Newcastle's shirt this season with stripes on the back

Stripes, front and back. This allegedly won't happen either, Premier League nonsense. Supposedly.

Think no. 2 is a myth. See Newcastle's shirt this season with stripes on the back
Raised this with the Football Supporters Association when we released the current kit given the club comms had tried to suggest it might be the last time stripes are on the home shirt. They asked both the EFL and FA if any rule changes were coming on this: none are planned. And as The Crafty Blade says, it’s clearly not been an issue for Newcastle.

The PL handbook covers the rules clubs need to abide by on their kits:

Rule M7: “When playing in League Matches each Player shall wear a shirt on the back of which shall be prominently displayed his shirt number so as to be clearly visible (and contrast with any pattern or design on the shirt) in accordance with guidelines laid down by the Board from time to time, and above that his surname or such other name as may be approved in writing by the Board.”

And while you might think that a “contrast” means a solid back, that’s clearly not the case as Rumour Mill hall of famer Dan Burn shows from Newcastle’s most recent game.

SOCCER-ENGLAND-NEW-ARS-REPORT-90_1683490551138_1683490673211.JPG

Raised this with the Football Supporters Association when we released the current kit given the club comms had tried to suggest it might be the last time stripes are on the home shirt. They asked both the EFL and FA if any rule changes were coming on this: none are planned. And as The Crafty Blade says, it’s clearly not been an issue for Newcastle.

The PL handbook covers the rules clubs need to abide by on their kits:

Rule M7: “When playing in League Matches each Player shall wear a shirt on the back of which shall be prominently displayed his shirt number so as to be clearly visible (and contrast with any pattern or design on the shirt) in accordance with guidelines laid down by the Board from time to time, and above that his surname or such other name as may be approved in writing by the Board.”

And while you might think that a “contrast” means a solid back, that’s clearly not the case as Rumour Mill hall of famer Dan Burn shows from Newcastle’s most recent game.

SOCCER-ENGLAND-NEW-ARS-REPORT-90_1683490551138_1683490673211.JPG
Is this a coded message for Dan Burn signing?!

Anyone with actual knowledge know if we have to stay with Errea if a takeover happens?

I really hope it's not Errea again. Poor material, poor stitching - especially on the badges, poor fitting, QC non existent resulting in wonky badges, misaligned sponsor logo. Stock and supply issues - we didn't get the black kit/dark red 'keeper shirt until half way through the season!

I do have the Errea templates though so might knock a few designs up again.

My Errea kit was pretty low build quality in terms of materials, to be honest. We saw Illy's Blades badge come away twice during matches and mine has come apart quite easily.

Kind of hope we move on from them but I doubt it after only one season.

If its Errea again that'll be 2 seasons worth of shirts I won't be buying. For £55 I expect the quality I'd get for a £55 shirt from a respected name in fashion. Not the half arsed shite stitching, wonky badge efforts this lot have mocked up. I wish I'd kept the pictures from uniteds website now where you could see how genuinely shit it all was. Embarrassing beyond words.

I think the gold is from the colour of the mannequin in one of the original pictures. I don't like the gold - too Reg Vardy era Sunderland for me

Anyone with actual knowledge know if we have to stay with Errea if a takeover happens?

As the Errea deal was with United World, which we will no longer be part of, you would hope that frees up other options, although to be fair, we wouldn't have much time to negotiate a new deal before the season so I would expect Errea to remain for another 12 months....unfortunately...

It was described as a "multi-year" contract and Errea were called sponsors, as they pumped money in as a sponsor would do rather than give an agreed sum/slice of shirt sales to produce the kits....so i suppose it depends on the wording

If its Errea again that'll be 2 seasons worth of shirts I won't be buying. For £55 I expect the quality I'd get for a £55 shirt from a respected name in fashion. Not the half arsed shite stitching, wonky badge efforts this lot have mocked up. I wish I'd kept the pictures from uniteds website now where you could see how genuinely shit it all was. Embarrassing beyond words.
We're Premier League now.
£65
;)

Back
Top Bottom