2024/2025 Squad Planning

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

I’d imagine those fees would largely plug the shortfall. I can’t see us being in the market for Brereton Diaz, level of fee (£5-£10m?) or wages. He’ll go to a newly promoted side I’d expect as he’s shown enough or if one of the teams decides to spend big to go straight back up (Forest, Burnley etc).
The sale of Archer back to Villa will pretty well plug the budgeted shortfall. Losing the wages of Archer, Souza & Anel will also give us scope, as will other departures such as Norwood, Lowe, Foderingham etc. There’ll be a lot of room and ability to bring good players in, but it needs to be done well with a proper plan in mind.

Lol. Did not see Utd communicate the extension but it was confirmed when he sign on loan for AIK.

So far he have been extremely disappointing based on the level he comes from. Some of our academy lads have been better. On a side note, been played out of position whenever he’s had a look ik, mostly as left winger.

That's a great decision

We can pay him for another season and lose him for free next summer instead

He just won't flush, will he...

That's a great decision

We can pay him for another season and lose him for free next summer instead

He just won't flush, will he...
Surely we’ve done it so we can get a fee this summer rather than nothing?
Even if it’s £200,000 it’s better than nothing. I’m sure a team in Belgium (where he’s known and has excelled previously) or Scandinavia (where he is now) would gamble that on a young player with quality and promise (relative to that level)?

Surely we’ve done it so we can get a fee this summer rather than nothing?
Even if it’s £200,000 it’s better than nothing. I’m sure a team in Belgium (where he’s known and has excelled previously) or Scandinavia (where he is now) would gamble that on a young player with quality and promise (relative to that level)?
Easier said than done. Loans are always more likely

With wilder watching stoke v hudds yesterday my thought is hes after sorba thomas , which would help with corners and free kicks

Hi Stegosaurus here

Signing Ben Brereton Diaz should be a must. Ideally permanent, but a year loan will do
Would love to.

But why would he sign up for another 12 months of Championship football?

It’s got transfer to newly promoted Leeds written all over it I’m afraid.

The sale of Archer back to Villa will pretty well plug the budgeted shortfall. Losing the wages of Archer, Souza & Anel will also give us scope, as will other departures such as Norwood, Lowe, Foderingham etc. There’ll be a lot of room and ability to bring good players in, but it needs to be done well with a proper plan in mind.
Similar lines of thinking.

At different points I’ve been torn on Norwood but he’s going to get in the way a bit of building a new dynamic.

The loans will go back so that’s Holgate, Larouci, McAtee, Brereton-Diaz gone.

Keep - Amissah, Bogle, Baldock, Egan, Osborn, RND, Jebbo, McBurnie

Release - Wes, Davies, Basham 😢 Lowe, Norwood

Might be more radical than that but I’m not convinced it will be so easy to replace McBurnie and whilst we might have to be smart how we structure the deal, I like what RND brings and the fact Ozzy doesn’t hide, even in bad times.

Similar lines of thinking.

At different points I’ve been torn on Norwood but he’s going to get in the way a bit of building a new dynamic.

The loans will go back so that’s Holgate, Larouci, McAtee, Brereton-Diaz gone.

Keep - Amissah, Bogle, Baldock, Egan, Osborn, RND, Jebbo, McBurnie

Release - Wes, Davies, Basham 😢 Lowe, Norwood

Might be more radical than that but I’m not convinced it will be so easy to replace McBurnie and whilst we might have to be smart how we structure the deal, I like what RND brings and the fact Ozzy doesn’t hide, even in bad times.
Can't see us keeping both Bogle and Baldock. Fitness plays a part too. Plus we have a few younger RBs who could be back up.

Curtis
Sekiri
Sachdev

Can't see us keeping both Bogle and Baldock. Fitness plays a part too. Plus we have a few younger RBs who could be back up.

Curtis
Sekiri
Sachdev
I think the consensus after his Oldham loan is that Sachdev is well off where we would need him to be.

Seriki is getting the minutes in at the Millers which is encouraging.

I just wonder if we go with 5 centre backs in the squad, rather than 6, then it might just give a chance to keep Baldock, who I personally feel is streets ahead of Bogle defensively.

I think the consensus after his Oldham loan is that Sachdev is well off where we would need him to be.

Seriki is getting the minutes in at the Millers which is encouraging.

I just wonder if we go with 5 centre backs in the squad, rather than 6, then it might just give a chance to keep Baldock, who I personally feel is streets ahead of Bogle defensively.
Baldock would be one of the best RBs in the league but his fitness is a major concern.

With wilder watching stoke v hudds yesterday my thought is hes after sorba thomas , which would help with corners and free kicks
I know he didn’t play yesterday but Rudoni at Hudds might be worth a look for us as well. He’s only 22 has stepped up well from Wimbledon and now looks a good Championship player with 5 goals from midfield this year could be a shrewd pick up if we are looking at building a foundation for the next 3/4 years. He’s not small either at 6ft so would add a bit more balance in midfield height wise especially if Souza leaves which seems very likely. Left footed as well and Wilder has traditionally liked to have a left footer n the left hand side of midfield.

Back
Top Bottom