2021/22 New Kit Thread

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Here is the full article about UEFA and their number rules (section 2). https://documents.uefa.com/r/4W_2d4J1wzeSliUijD1~kg/LDio7VEndV6g0ecePojHog

A spectrophotometer is used to determine the contrast between number and design. If it falls below, it must be patched up.

Also worth noting is the part wear it states the front design and colours must be replicated on the back - "The colours used to create a hooped, banded, striped or checked shirt on the front must both be clearly visible on the back of the playing attire if the same pattern (e.g. stripes) is not used on the back of the playing shirt."

That explains why we have stripes at the bottom of the back.

1626166858248.png

If a playing attire item comprises three or more colours, one must be clearly dominant on the surface of that item. For hooped, banded, striped or checked items (i.e. with two dominant colours), any use of a third colour must not dominate or affect the distinctiveness of the shirt or socks.

That explains why Man United never wear Black socks in Europe.

1626167254701.png1626167267663.png1626167284003.png

6.5-7/10 for me.
One day someone will make the perfect shirt for us it will have red and white stripes front and back and stripes on the sleeves too. Collars and cuffs will be red and any sponsor will be in black with no boxes simple writing much like the old 'Laver' effort of the early 90's. The United badge will be blood red too not the almost orange of the last few years, manufacturers logo will also be black as will numbers and player names.
TC.jpg

Here is a picture of God wearing God's own shirt. The greatest Blades shirt ever. Don't bother trying to disagree. You know you are wrong and you'll only make a fool of yourself.

Good front of shirt looking good folks looking good

ooops some dickhead is having a laugh with the back of the shirt AGAIN!!!!!

TC.jpg

Here is a picture of God wearing God's own shirt. The greatest Blades shirt ever. Don't bother trying to disagree. You know you are wrong and you'll only make a fool of yourself.
You are absolutely spot on best shirt ever I have that shirt. If United produced that shirt next season they would sell out within days

The spectre of Doordeals lurks over us.

It'd have to be be at the bottom though surely with the shield and name on?

Hopefully it's Yelo if we have one, pretty inoffensive logo.

A splash of yellow always suited our home shirts (think Laver)

Love that Jebbo features so heavily in the video, obviously considered as part of the first team setup for this season

Not a solid theory if you recall DCL spearheaded the kit reveal back in 16/17 and he was sold to Everton within days.

Anyway is nobody going to mention how this home shirt is just the 19/20 shirt template with the black trim swapped for white and pinstripes added? Easy work for Adidas

Screenshot_20210713-110251_Drive.jpg

FIFA Regulations. Struggled to find specific wording for the FA or EFL but I imagine it's pretty similar

Anyway is nobody going to mention how this home shirt is just the 19/20 shirt template with the black trim swapped for white and pinstripes added?
It's difficult to change things on a striped shirt unless you go for drastic measures. I personally prefer this new shirt to that one you mention.

Problem is that shirts change too often so you eventually run out of ideas.

Kit designs are pretty much a set of questions:

Which template?
Which collar?... this, this or this? What colour?
What type of sleeves?... stripey or solid?
Back... stripey or solid? Solid, what colour?
What cuffs?
Adidas stripes... shoulder or side?

All kits are based on templates and then you pick and choose.

The 2017-18 kit that many people love is exactly the same as Bayern Munich's shirt the same season.

Designs are identical, we chose different colours for the shoulder panel, collar, sleeves and cuffs. And each alternating stripe obviously.

1626171642696.png1626171659154.png

I'm sure you agree that it's easier to read numbers on Celtic's than Brentfords??
Marginally. But it doesn’t effect teams not playing European competition - I’ll vent my anger towards UEFA when we reach the CL! And even then there are very simple solutions available that would make a striped back shirt suitable for the players shirts. It’s not even something adidas need to do. It’d be a relatively simple task for a kit man.

BFDA0642-8C20-4C10-A4B4-9990749139B3.jpeg

Marginally. But it doesn’t effect teams not playing European competition - I’ll vent my anger towards UEFA when we reach the CL! And even then there are very simple solutions available that would make a striped back shirt suitable for the players shirts. It’s not even something adidas need to do. It’d be a relatively simple task for a kit man.

View attachment 116603

If you put as much effort into something worthwhile as you have done moaning about the lack of stripes on the back of a football shirt, you could have changed the world.

If the design of the kit is all people have to moan about this season I’ll be a happy man.

It's difficult to change things on a striped shirt unless you go for drastic measures. I personally prefer this new shirt to that one you mention.

Problem is that shirts change too often so you eventually run out of ideas.

Kit designs are pretty much a set of questions:

Which template?
Which collar?... this, this or this? What colour?
What type of sleeves?... stripey or solid?
Back... stripey or solid? Solid, what colour?
What cuffs?
Adidas stripes... shoulder or side?

All kits are based on templates and then you pick and choose.

The 2017-18 kit that many people love is exactly the same as Bayern Munich's shirt the same season.

Designs are identical, we chose different colours for the shoulder panel, collar, sleeves and cuffs. And each alternating stripe obviously.

View attachment 116599View attachment 116600

Yet despite everything you mention many fans (yourself included) managed to come up with several fresh new takes on the Blades shirt. Proves it really isn't that difficult to come up with totally new designs, even from blank templates.

But I think it's a bit lazy for a company like Adidas to take the 19/20 design project out of the vault, save as 21/22 project, click on the sleeve trim and shoulder trim and swap black for white, add some pinstripes to shirt, replace sponsor, and click publish. That will have taken someone no more than 10 minutes!

And yes they did the same for 17/18, except they just took the Bayern design and saved that out as a new project. I'd call that lazy too. Luckily we hadn't had a shirt before in that template. But this year sees us recycle our own template from a mere two years prior.

I just think given the prices they charge for these shirts they need to show a bit more effort. Fans are already doing it and for nowt.

If you put as much effort into something worthwhile as you have done moaning about the lack of stripes on the back of a football shirt, you could have changed the world.

If the design of the kit is all people have to moan about this season I’ll be a happy man.
I have multiple projects on the go - some will change the world - but they are on hold until the stripes thing is sorted.

If you were Gok wan Ainsley it would give you free licence to walk up to women and fondle their tits while talking bollocks . He's been getting away with it for years! The jammy twat.

As many on here know and Foxy shorehamview with others will testify, Gok is a member already on here!

Although textile technology has come on leaps and bounds. It seems that same technology can’t put stripes on arms anymore.

If it is so hard to make changes to striped shirts how the hell do they change plain shirts apart from changing cuffs and collars, it's bullshit. Way more possibilities to alter the design of striped shirts year on year if you ask me. It's all about making them as cheap as possible to rake in as much money as possible.

I feel your frustrations brother.

Rest assured, head of commercial Paul Reeves answers all your questions in this article - https://www.examinerlive.co.uk/sport/football/news/inside-sheffield-uniteds-adidas-kit-20793263

Not.
Really appreciate the article sent. There's some comments in there I just find amazing quite frankly from Paul Reeves. Firstly this on this season's kit:

"You will see elements within next season's shirt where it has got an identity that is purely Sheffield United.

My thoughts are yes we may have some pin stripes that are purely for us, but when it's solid sleeves and a predominately red back it's not a Blades shirt as far as I'm concerned.

"So it's not off the shelf, but even within that bespoke element the club cannot go to them and say, for example, we want full stripes on the back"

"Fans do want full stripes on the back of their shirts, but adidas's global design doesn't have it, so with a brand that size you are limited on how much you can change."

So there we have it. We have no control of stripes on the back of shirts, Adidas can feed us their preferred global template and that's it, like it or lump it. And by the looks of it Adidas will not produce a fully striped shirt for the foreseeable future and we're set to continue to contract after 2022.

"A lot of adidas clubs are European clubs, and one of the European specifications is that you have got to have a panel on the back so that your numbers can be seen when you are playing in the Champions League etc.

Last time we looked we're not in the Champions League. As you said though, why can't we just have a white patch as a background around the shirts, we've done that previously anyway.

"They will come to us and say what is the DNA of Sheffield United? What is the DNA of the city and the supporter?

This is the most amazing question from the article in my view. Does Paul Reeves think we're total mugs or something. Since Adidas are just giving us global templates why on earth do they care what the DNA of Sheffield United is? But more importantly I can answer that question kit wise very easily. It's red and white stripes all over the shirt. It's not rocket science, it's not even as hard as taking a penalty shoot out. But also at United, if they cared about United fans and how much we want striped shirts, which I do believe most of our fans if not over 90% would vote in a poll for striped over solid backs then they wouldn't go with Adidas as we know they do not have a striped shirt template for their striped teams, other than on the front of the shirt and even then it's not even from the full front of the shirt.

Really appreciate the article sent. There's some comments in there I just find amazing quite frankly from Paul Reeves. Firstly this on this season's kit:

"You will see elements within next season's shirt where it has got an identity that is purely Sheffield United.

My thoughts are yes we may have some pin stripes that are purely for us, but when it's solid sleeves and a predominately red back it's not a Blades shirt as far as I'm concerned.

"So it's not off the shelf, but even within that bespoke element the club cannot go to them and say, for example, we want full stripes on the back"

"Fans do want full stripes on the back of their shirts, but adidas's global design doesn't have it, so with a brand that size you are limited on how much you can change."

So there we have it. We have no control of stripes on the back of shirts, Adidas can feed us their preferred global template and that's it, like it or lump it. And by the looks of it Adidas will not produce a fully striped shirt for the foreseeable future and we're set to continue to contract after 2022.

"A lot of adidas clubs are European clubs, and one of the European specifications is that you have got to have a panel on the back so that your numbers can be seen when you are playing in the Champions League etc.

Last time we looked we're not in the Champions League. As you said though, why can't we just have a white patch as a background around the shirts, we've done that previously anyway.

"They will come to us and say what is the DNA of Sheffield United? What is the DNA of the city and the supporter?

This is the most amazing question from the article in my view. Does Paul Reeves think we're total mugs or something. Since Adidas are just giving us global templates why on earth do they care what the DNA of Sheffield United is? But more importantly I can answer that question kit wise very easily. It's red and white stripes all over the shirt. It's not rocket science, it's not even as hard as taking a penalty shoot out. But also at United, if they cared about United fans and how much we want striped shirts, which I do believe most of our fans if not over 90% would vote in a poll for striped over solid backs then they wouldn't go with Adidas as we know they do not have a striped shirt template for their striped teams, other than on the front of the shirt and even then it's not even from the full front of the shirt.
It’s all bollocks. Adidas have provided us with 3 shirts that have stripes on the back - 4 if you include the 125 years home shirt. 5 if you include the black orange away shirt.

I’d like to stay with adidas but we just need to tell them to revert back to doing the back in the same material as the front.

It’s all bollocks. Adidas have provided us with 3 shirts that have stripes on the back - 4 if you include the 125 years home shirt. 5 if you include the black orange away shirt.

I’d like to stay with adidas but we just need to tell them to revert back to doing the back in the same material as the front.
It's not going to change whilst ever we have Adidas, the only way it would change is if the shirt doesn't sell well, I'm not telling people not to buy it, but I won't pay good money to buy a solid back shirt, that's my prerogative. Sales will no doubt be good, people must not care as much as me on it, clearly! Some will say I'm a moaning sod etc, but I would say it's important that the club first team does play in striped shirts, it's part of the identity of the club in my view.

The club supposedly take feed back from the fans on social media and forums like this one ........................ Yeah sure they do. If they did they would ditch Adidas and get a kit manufacturer who is happy to do striped backs and sleeves which nine out of ten Blades fans would prefer. It is all about money ............. cheap as fuck template shirts and the fans pay top dollar for them. It is not about giving fans what they want it is about making Adidas as much profit as possible, about time we went elsewhere for our kits.

Also have to consider that even on here, a group of people who spend at least some of nearly every day talking about Sheffield United, that not everyone gives a toss about stripes on the back of the shirt. A lot of people prefer the visibility the back patch gives, so imagine the wider fanbase it's not even an issue.

If it didn't have stripes on the front then the entire fanbase would unite on that, stripes on the back, you'd have a hard time.

Meanwhile, not a bad effort from our older neighbours down the A61 in terms of “that’s EXACTLY what I want my club’s shirt to look like”… 😮

Not sure if this is just a retro issue or they’ll actually be playing in it, but the sponsor suggests the latter!

View attachment 116669
COPA will definitely be making league club shirts soon. Their stuffs too good not to.

Back
Top Bottom