A fantastic away day

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

1973Blade

Reaction score
One if the best atmospheres for years yesterday. I think it helped with Luton bring a tight away end and so close to thr pitch which is unusual in the Premier League (winning of course also helped!).
John Robinson looked a bit bemused about his name being chanted for 80% of the game, it wasn't so.long ago some fans were on his back!). Outside the ground after the game supporters were still chanting his name.
Another great chant 'Come Vini Souza, Join Us In The Boozer, We're 3-1 Up'! (We might not get a chance to chant that much unfortunately!).
Red sky at night, Blades fans delight!

Attachments

• 20240210_170143.jpg
    20240210_170143.jpg
    3 MB · Views: 699

One if the best atmospheres for years yesterday. I think it helped with Luton bring a tight away end and so close to thr pitch which is unusual in the Premier League (winning of course also helped!).
John Robinson looked a bit bemused about his name being chanted for 80% of the game, it wasn't so.long ago some fans were on his back!). Outside the ground after the game supporters were still chanting his name.
Another great chant 'Come Vini Souza, Join Us In The Boozer, We're 3-1 Up'! (We might not get a chance to chant that much unfortunately!).
I should think he did look bemused if you Chanted John. He’s Jack 🤣🤣🤣

Glad you had a great day

Jack was probably wondering who John is?
Unless it’s a Scent of a Women reference.
“When you’ve known him as long as I have…”

Glad you had a great day
I thought the fans were chanting at the Luton steward John Robinson lol!! Cant believe I got the name wrong, if I keep making these errors they will make me President of the USA!l!! (Thanks for pointing it out I've edited it!)
Edit just seen it hasn't let me edit his name, damn!

I bet you were typing away, with the right name in your head, and before you could say Jack Robinson…🤣

Fair play to those who made the effort to go yesterday to a game that looked like a certain defeat. You were all rewarded with a fantastic day.

Yes, Blades fans came over loud and proud on the radio.
‘Only sorry I wasn’t there, amongst em.
One of those special days, by the sounds of it.
We never win when I go to Luton, so I think, I played my part.
Awesome result and performance from the team.Certainly makes a difference to your Saturday night, when we win.Let’s hope there’s a few more to come.

Glad you had a great day

Jack was probably wondering who John is?
Unless it’s a Scent of a Women reference.
“When you’ve known him as long as I have…”

Eh, Jack is just a variant of John anyway, I'm sure it's fine.

I hope Mr and Mrs Jones weren't disturbed too much by us going through their back yard!
Love that photograph. The different facial expressions are fascinating. A few happy faces, one or two looking a bit cheesed off but the majority with a look of resigned acceptance. I can only see one face that I recognise but someone should tell Mr and Mrs Jones to get rid of the vegetation which is about to block their drain.

Wendy can only dream of a pitch with that much grass on it.
Well done for the support yesterday, it was fantastic.
20240210_170143-jpg.179106

Love that photograph. The different facial expressions are fascinating. A few happy faces, one or two looking a bit cheesed off but the majority with a look of resigned acceptance. I can only see one face that I recognise but someone should tell Mr and Mrs Jones to get rid of the vegetation which is about to block their drain.
If Lowry was still around he could do a painting of that photo!

Eh, Jack is just a variant of John anyway, I'm sure it's fine.

Beat me to it. My grandad was christened John, but was known by everyone as Jack.

I presume it’s an old fashioned convention. Always baffled me as a kid.

Back
Top Bottom