Drop Anel or bring him back in?

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

i also think anel will come back in if we stick to 3 centre backs with george replacing bogle who lets be honest has been dissapointing at this level but for me trusty has been our best signing this season looks solid and seems to have bought in to the sheffield united way mindset great value at 5m

I think there's an argument to drop Anel if we play two; none if we play three.

Personally I'd play four and play Trusty and Anel. Incredibly harsh on Robinson but that's the job of a manager. A big tactical shift yesterday was moving Trusty left side and Robbo down the middle. Totally neutralised that ball/foot race down.our inside left channel that was causing Robbo/Thomas all sorts of problems.

Could Anel play at DCM? That might be a way of getting the best out of him in this division…

Against a side with an threat in the air you can't play that side.

We have 5 subs and there will hopefully be a time we can fully use them.
You mean a bigger aerial threat than the 6 foot 7 Austrian striker that Wolves had up front? 😃

I thought we only had 4 yesterday. Who do you think was playing RWB ? Bogle seemed to be more midfield.
Was definitely 5 at the back. Just in the 2nd half, we attacked a lot more which meant Bogle was camped in their half a lot

I was thinking the same thing Slug, it was a total mismatch height wise and we managed to deal with the aerial threat. Someone mentioned pace, I’d argue trusty and baldock is a much more pacey duo than Egan and Anel. Back five should be Baldock, Anel, Trusty, Robbo, Thomas

Anel needs to earn his place back. Before he was injured he was one of our worst players across the season. Costly mistake after mistake after mistake. The only time he looked half decent was when he was moved central when Egan was off. I don't think he should automatically get his place back. There's an argument for putting him back central in favour of Egan, but there's also a stronger argument that the back four (?) who finished against Wolves is the potential answer. Trusty and Jack are playing well together as a central pair, so why break them up? Give them a chance to form a partnership. A settled defensive partnership is as important as a strike partnership and mistakes are less likely when they play together frequently, as they know each others games and can forsee the decisions that the other is likely to make.

Some of our best defensive partnerships played together nearly all season, only breaking up through injury and suspension. Page/Murphy, Morgan/Page, Morgan/Short, O'Connell/Wright/Basham, O'Connell/Egan/Basham.

Back
Top Bottom