Drop Anel or bring him back in?

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

William Carey

Reaction score
There seems to be a strong centre back partnership that has been formed between Jack and Trusty.

I would personally keep these 2 as the partnership and keep Anel on the bench when he comes back as let’s be honest Jack and Trusty have been our best 2 defenders all season by a mile, Egan and Anel haven’t lived up to expectation.

Thoughts? Or maybe Anel can play right back in a 4?

There seems to be a strong centre back partnership that has been formed between Jack and Trusty.

I would personally keep these 2 as the partnership and keep Anel on the bench when he comes back as let’s be honest Jack and Trusty have been our best 2 defenders all season by a mile, Egan and Anel haven’t lived up to expectation.

The only thing that worries me about Jack is his pace in behind but I guess Trusty could be his legs…

Bring him back, drop Bogle, play George in his best position. Atleast the n we have cover again.

I was thinking about this yesterday. Anel's probably the most talented defender on the team, but so far this year the defense has looked better without him (and Egan for that matter, but he'll be out a while anyway).

Personally, I'd keep Robinson-Trusty-Baldock as the back 3 for next game and then reevaluate after the international break.

Keep him out and keep him fit ( if possible) no doubt one of the others will soon be within the snipers sights 😉

The back line from yesterday should start from now on as far as I am concerned, until a change is enforced anyway.

Anel will just have to work his way back in and as much as it pains me to say it, he was one of the weak links before he was injured.

The only thing that worries me about Jack is his pace in behind but I guess Trusty could be his legs…
Good point on both

Jack is one of the most improved players over the last couple of years, and also underrated

He can time a sliding tackle to perfection to get the ball, and knock ‘em over like a skittle, love seeing him take out man and ball, get up jog off expressionless whilst some prima Dona rolls round on the floor screaming like a girl😂

We need his fight and grit and with Trusty beside him they look a good pairing
IMG_3165.jpeg

Against a side with an threat in the air you can't play that side.

We have 5 subs and there will hopefully be a time we can fully use them.

Trusty hasn't played all season !

They targeted Thomas as the weak link in the first half yesterday,and could have scored twice. Credit to hecky as we shoved up 5/10 yards and shut off the space in front of him,got on the front foot,bit of luck which we haven’t had and hey presto ! Robinson is a much more reliable/effective left back so if Anel becomes fit any time soon it’s a yes from me. Hamer and Mcatee were in more comfortable positions so our shape looked better,Souza had a mare first half along with Archer and Brewster but the slight tweaks which Hecky had not been doing worked. Bingo .

Bring him back in….but he has to up his game considerably on this seasons form.

Anel hasn't done enough to warrant an immediate return to the team I don't think.

Wouldn't be fair or logical to drop either Trusty or JLT at the moment. Anel needs to earn his spot back - which maybe has been the problem with him not having any real competition up to now.

All those boys did us proud. That equalizer would have sucker punched many teams and soft or not the fact is they battled to the last. That's all we Blades ask for from the lads. We know we are not world beaters but so long as we turn up and give a good account of ourselves there won't be any complaints from me. Nor would I imagine many other Blades.

Very bitter sweet though is the fact that 9/10 times these changes are what we've been crying out for and the only reason they have been finally implemented is Hecky being forced into it by injury/suspension etc.

Egan should have been dropped months ago, and as sad as it is to say; it's almost been fortunate that he's been ruled out - obviously I don't wish any harm or ill upon Egan or anyone else for that matter but had Hecky not been forced into the change we would likely still be sat on 1 point and with a worse GD.

Back
Top Bottom