2 games to save his job

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

There simply has to be a better option than Heckingbottom. And without even needing to pay compensation. We need to hurry up and appoint one of them. I don't care if it makes the players cry

After yesterday we can properly evaluate where we are, and it's clear we have nothing and are genuinely looking at Derby's record. As we are I'd be relieved to get 15 points

I hear we’re after Kristian Vilda. Not much is known at this point except he refused to take off his trench coat, dark sunglasses and trilby hat at the interview.

Dopey cunt here just went to google "Kristian Vilda" before my brain did it's job 🫣

Just got this feeling, if the manager goes the skint owner will bring in a cheapskate! And a drop through the divisions will be on the cards sadly! I'm fucking fuming with how we've set about this season, amateurs the lot of them.

I would like Potter but I think there is more chance of getting Brian Potter Moonwalking.

Patrick Viera would also be a decent shout along with Hassanhutl Parker and McKenna at Ipswich.

But no way McKenna would leave Ipswich when they are on the up and they have far more ambition.

I would like Potter but I think there is more chance of getting Brian Potter Moonwalking.

Patrick Viera would also be a decent shout along with Hassanhutl Parker and McKenna at Ipswich.

But no way McKenna would leave Ipswich when they are on the up and they have far more ambition.
Would rather take Wilder than Parker.
Viera and Hassanhutl are good shouts. Viera was harshly treated by palace and I’m pretty sure Southampton fans wish they’d not got rid of Hassanhutl

I would like Ya Ya Toure as I think we need to go down the Kompany style route, especially as we have a lot of young and more cosmopolitan squad these days.

By all accounts did an amazing job with the Spurs U18 youth system then became the Standard Liege assistant manager this summer.

English managers to consider - Rosenior, Rooney and Carrick but would cost to get them out. Ryan Mason at Tottenham.
Rooney's actually an interesting shout. I was really surprised by his handy stint at Derby. He'd be our most high profile manager (ever?) and might suddenly get us better treatment from media and even the FA/Premier League!?

My main concern would be, how much of his good work at Derby was actually Rosenior's (who clearly knows his stuff)...? Who knows.

I'd take Hecky as DOF with Rooney manager.

Would be gutted for Hecky btw and I'd rather stick than twist to be honest.

P.S. Surely Rifleman isn't wrong again.
Well if it ain't happening in next few days I don't think it's happening at least before man Utd.

I can't help think.

Sack hecky - reluctantly maybe
Hire smith - no
Wilder? - possibly
Random Spanish manager - isn't that what the other lot do instead? Not that I'm against foreign managers.

Whatever happens, something needs to change. All season, we've set up not to concede. It's not worked once. Two holding midfielders (fleck and Norwood) didn't work in the championship and it's failing now (Norwood and Souza). We don't seem to be able to retain possession, even when we constantly pass back to the defence and keeper. It's not working. Change the approach on the pitch or the people on the sidelines. The players we have are not as bad as the points we have so far.

This is going to be one of those "any day now" things, until we get to the end of the season and realise Heckys still in charge innit

I suppose it’s a gamble for the Prince; with actively trying to see the club.
Keep Hecky, possibly (probably?) get relegated, value if the club is less in the Championship.

Or

Pay out the remaining 3 years of the 5 year contract Hecky signed, hope we stay up with whoever takes over and have a higher value of the club in the Premier League

Whatever happens, something needs to change. All season, we've set up not to concede. It's not worked once. Two holding midfielders (fleck and Norwood) didn't work in the championship and it's failing now (Norwood and Souza). We don't seem to be able to retain possession, even when we constantly pass back to the defence and keeper. It's not working. Change the approach on the pitch or the people on the sidelines. The players we have are not as bad as the points we have so far.
I agree with your last line.

But remember the team was massively disrupted by late sales and later additions. Plus the endless injuries.

Also we're playing top class players.

But remember the team was massively disrupted by late sales and later additions. Plus the endless injuries.

Totally agree on that also,but it’s rinse and repeat with everything we do that doesn’t work. Hecky has done a great job but every manager apart from 1 or 2 have a shelf life and he cannot address the slide in any way. I feel for him with the injuries though,a rough deal in that department.

Totally agree on that also,but it’s rinse and repeat with everything we do that doesn’t work. Hecky has done a great job but every manager apart from 1 or 2 have a shelf life and he cannot address the slide in any way. I feel for him with the injuries though,a rough deal in that department.
I'm not sure what else he can try, except park the bus for 90mins(+20 injury time)...?

We don't even have the players for 442.

Considering the owner is skint and trying to sell the club. Why would he pay Hecky and his backroom staff off?

They have 5 years left of a 7 year contract!

This is going to be one of those "any day now" things, until we get to the end of the season and realise Heckys still in charge innit
Well it worked for the takeover. Keeps people talking about us I suppose. No such thing as bad publicity etc

Problem here is, even if we are resigned to relegation and the real aim is to build our current squad into a side that will take the Championship by storm next season, trapping them in a recurring anxiety dream of getting thumped week in week out in front of an increasingly irate and/or disinterested crowd is not the way to do it.

We need to see some signs of progress by the end of the season as an absolute bare minimum or these players' confidence will be permanently shot.

Problem here is, even if we are resigned to relegation and the real aim is to build our current squad into a side that will take the Championship by storm next season, trapping them in a recurring anxiety dream of getting thumped week in week out in front of an increasingly irate and/or disinterested crowd is not the way to do it.

We need to see some signs of progress by the end of the season as an absolute bare minimum or these players' confidence will be permanently shot.
Us fans understand it's a hard season. Particularly when Iliman left, it went from hopeful to "oh shit".

I think I'd give Hecky until December. If we're still really frustratingly "off it", maybe then appoint an upcoming manager that will want to get promoted from the Championship and have the pedigree to do so - then sign some very good Championship players in the January window (that the new manager agrees to).
Note: Even this feels harsh on Hecky, I'd like him to move upstairs not be sacked.

The majority of managers changes don't work. Very low probability of a manager change helping (no idea how to provide any evidence or stats for this!). Appointing Hecky really did work - a lot of thought needs to go into the decision before dispensing of him.

Us fans understand it's a hard season. Particularly when Iliman left, it went from hopeful to "oh shit".

I think I'd give Hecky until December. If we're still really frustratingly "off it", maybe then appoint an upcoming manager that will want to get promoted from the Championship and have the pedigree to do so - then sign some very good Championship players in the January window (that the new manager agrees to).
Note: Even this feels harsh on Hecky, I'd like him to move upstairs not be sacked.

The majority of managers changes don't work. Very low probability of a manager change helping (no idea how to provide any evidence or stats for this!). Appointing Hecky really did work - a lot of thought needs to go into the decision before dispensing of him.
Agree with all the above. For me personally, I can want Hecky to stay and turn things around, and still be concerned that he appears to be losing the plot right now. He doesn't stay in the job by default, he needs to get the team up for the fight again, and fast.

Who in their right mind wants Rooney? He has done nothing to show he is any better than Hecky.

I don't know what the answer is but if we go for Rooney, I don't what the question is.
We’d get to be called Wayne Rooney’s Sheffield United.

And every time I’d hear it I’d die a little more inside…..

Back
Top Bottom