"Replacements lined up"

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Could be wrong here but shouldn't all this red faced finger pointing be at the end of the season,
when we know what's happened,

Not at the beginning when people are just making up their own endings ..? ........ :rolleyes:
err yes but if we all waited until the outcome of everything- whats the point of a forum dedicated to discussion and debate about what everyone thinks wiill happen?

Lets not air our opinions about about how the bastard board might sell Ndiaye, lets wait and see what happens?

Letting Ndiaye go was a huge mistake, all the bollox about childhood club- 5 million in his pocket and 2 million to his agent-

Ndiaye began playing football with the French clubs Rouen Sapins, Rouen, and MARSEILLE before moving to Senegal with Dakar Sacré-Cœur.

So that bit's not bollox.

Maybe you could show proof that the other two reasons are also not bollox.

Maybe it just supports the bash the owners narrative eh ?

Ndiaye began playing football with the French clubs Rouen Sapins, Rouen, and [SIZE=6]Marseille[/SIZE] before moving to Senegal with Dakar Sacré-Cœur.

So that bit's not bollox.

Maybe you could show proof that the other two reasons are also not bollox.

Maybe it just supports the bash the owners narrative eh ?

I have absolutely zero ITK knowledge, but Ndiaye was an absolute favourite for all my family- when he was sold to say we were gutted is an understatement.

I do know 100% certain that main reason we are in the Prem is Ndiaye- who we were paying a derisory 4k a week.

I have no narrative to slag the owners off, but if I was as lucky as them to get landed in the Prem with the no investment last year I would have offered Ndiaye 10 million of the Prem money to stay- and although its all hypothetical - I believe that he justy might of.

The simple answer is a new wealthier owner. However its taken 2 years and we areno further forward on this

Nearer 20 years, we were saying this under McCabes tenure.
The sole reason HRH is here is that he was brought in by McC. to help fund the losses.

Unfortunately billionaires who buy football clubs as vanity projects, (for the odds of turning a profit are remote at best), are few and far between.

Probably more chance of a wealthy owner coming in if you are in league 1 where the clubs value is very low.

err yes but if we all waited until the outcome of everything- whats the point of a forum dedicated to discussion and debate about what everyone thinks wiill happen?

Lets not air our opinions about about how the bastard board might sell Ndiaye, lets wait and see what happens?
Oh I see, so all this moaning and name calling and slander is not for real, It's just a discussion between normal people......... :eek::eek:

I have absolutely zero ITK knowledge, but Ndiaye was an absolute favourite for all my family- when he was sold to say we were gutted is an understatement.

So was I.

But throwing all my business sense marbles out of the window wont bring him back.
He was the best player I have seen since Tony Currie.
Though David Brookes also had flashes of genius about him.

Few mention how gutted they were when we gave Leon Clarke a new multi million pound contract.

He never scored for us after that.

Players and owners come and go, if we support the TEAM we support whoever wears the red and white.

I do know 100% certain that main reason we are in the Prem is Ndiaye- who we were paying a derisory 4k a week.

I have no narrative to slag the owners off, but if I was as lucky as them to get landed in the Prem with the no investment last year I would have offered Ndiaye 10 million of the Prem money to stay- and although its all hypothetical - I believe that he justy might of.
Know the feeling, I still remember how it felt when Mr Wragg sold TC to Leeds....

He was offered new contracts and chose not to sign them

I would have offered Ndiaye 10 million of the Prem money to stay

Is that for just one season - if so we arent going to offer any player £200k per week
If thats over a four year contract £50k per week I gather he was offered around that and turned it down

He was offered new contracts and chose not to sign them

Is that for just one season - if so we arent going to offer any player £200k per week
If thats over a four year contract £50k per week I gather he was offered around that and turned it down

Not talking contract not talking wage- I'm talking as a thank you for getting us to Prem - of the 180 million we get ere you go Ili there's 10 million pounds if you stay with us. We are now in a leauge where defensive midfielders can cost 110 million, couldn't we have been a bit brave and sloshed him 10 to stay- he was the best player we have seen for 50 years - he indeed was special. Irreplaceable, value beyoond belief. - You are being all sensible about it- It's football there is no sense. If I had been the owner - he would have stayed.

The sole reason HRH is here is that he was brought in by McC. to help fund the losses.

Unfortunately billionaires who buy football clubs as vanity projects, (for the odds of turning a profit are remote at best), are few and far between.

Probably more chance of a wealthy owner coming in if you are in league 1 where the clubs value is very low.
another two years then ffs

Not talking contract not talking wage- I'm talking as a thank you for getting us to Prem

The whole team got around £ 20 million in promotion bonuses.

They did last time so probably more this.

The whole team got around £ 20 million in promotion bonuses.

They did last time so probably more this.
Maybe but if bonus time was 30 million for me Ili gets 10 at the very least, he was by a country mile the main reason we are now in this mess. He was an absolute genius for these special players, once in a lifetimes 'you do the right thing'.

Not talking contract not talking wage- I'm talking as a thank you for getting us to Prem - of the 180 million we get ere you go Ili there's 10 million pounds if you stay with us. We are now in a leauge where defensive midfielders can cost 110 million, couldn't we have been a bit brave and sloshed him 10 to stay- he was the best player we have seen for 50 years - he indeed was special. Irreplaceable, value beyoond belief. - You are being all sensible about it- It's football there is no sense. If I had been the owner - he would have stayed.
The rest of us are all extremely grateful that you are not the owner. I would honestly pick Fallowfield for the job before you.

Never heard of Ndiaye before he came here,
never heard of some of the new signings either,?

You never know your luck...... ;)

Not talking contract not talking wage- I'm talking as a thank you for getting us to Prem - of the 180 million we get ere you go Ili there's 10 million pounds if you stay with us.
So how much per week would you have offered him
The 180m needs to last us 3 x seasons if we get relegated
We are now in a leauge where defensive midfielders can cost 110 million, couldn't we have been a bit brave and sloshed him 10 to stay- he was the best player we have seen for 50 years - he indeed was special. Irreplaceable, value beyoond belief. -
We will see what he does at Marseilles he was unproven at PL level. I hope he goes on to be a star
You are being all sensible about it- It's football there is no sense. If I had been the owner - he would have stayed.

We would be bankrupt in 3 years if you were owner
Its very brave chucking other peoples money about

Fair enough. I just loved to watch Ndiaye so much I would have done everything and I mean everything to keep him.

I certainly would have flown in to Sheffield and tried to persuade him in person.

And I would have thrown proper money at him, We paid over 43 Million for McB and Brewdog who are both not fit to lace his boots, combined.

But obviously I know where you are coming from.

Its well out of any club's fans control.Players come n go and no amount of badge kissing sways me.
The Billy's of this world are extremely rare.Perhaps his loyalty earned him the "legendary"status he deseved.I'm in the wait n see what happens camp but I get why others enjoy the unfolding and often speculative drama👍.

Yes the days of clubs being owned by a single individual are numbered i feel . They will be a few but not many .

all you have written is exactly true.

And what makes this final comment even more galling is the Prince doesn't know how jammy he's been to have this success, twice promoted he's been insanely lucky.

All the effort last year to get into Prem, then not properly have a go- it's bonkers beyond belief.

Letting Ndiaye go was a huge mistake, all the bollox about childhood club- 5 million in his pocket and 2 million to his agent- he'd have been playing Friday night and we would have WON.
If the Prince is “ insanely lucky”, and his two promotions to the Premier League in his relatively short tenure are entirely down to this, then surely we should be doing everything within our power to secure him for the long term? There’s nothing better than to be consistently lucky 🙂

More seriously, to Deadbat’s point about why he took the job on if he can’t afford to do it, I think it’s because he’s just stumbled through a set of circumstances that he didn’t anticipate. He came in as joint owner of a League 1 side ( if I remember correctly...increasingly unreliable these days...) and has finished up as sole owner of a Premier League club. Given his extraordinary luck, he may well have anticipated the forthcoming promotions, but I doubt that he expected to go to war with McCabe so soon, and in such a costly manner. He was suddenly left holding a much bigger bar tab, containing items such as the ground purchase that he wouldn’t have anticipated. Luckily for him ( no change there) he had Premier League monies to bale him out. Relegation found him out. Luckily, he got promoted again, and latched on once more to the golden teat. I personally think he will stay for as long as he can, in the hope that he can continue to keep the ship running on Premier League money for the foreseeable... 🙁

So how much per week would you have offered him
The 180m needs to last us 3 x seasons if we get relegated

We will see what he does at Marseilles he was unproven at PL level. I hope he goes on to be a star

We are not far of that now after 6 months

Fu@@ me, oh dear, who said that wages don't

I've been frustratingly following these posts and our own Rumours Mill for these last weeks in the hope of some insight and some good news about our recruitment prospects
I've listened to the attention seeking itk ers, the ones with football knowledge, the obsessed regular posters and I've learned absolutely nothing that I can't find from Sky sports news after the event.
Today at a friend's family party I met an ex pro footballer who spoke to Hecky recently.
Basically, a hundred million of this years income has gone on servicing debt and there's nothing left for transfers.
I hope this info is wrong and we've got players incoming but I won't be expending any more time or emotional energy on this particular topic.
That info is wrong

Its well out of any club's fans control.Players come n go and no amount of badge kissing sways me.
The Billy's of this world are extremely rare.Perhaps his loyalty earned him the "legendary"status he deseved.I'm in the wait n see what happens camp but I get why others enjoy the unfolding and often speculative drama👍.
Yep. I spent this afternoon with a former Premier League footballer and he was talking about the cynicism of players kissing the badge, including himself. Virtually all of them just regard it as a bit of PR that they have to do.

It's hard isn't it. I get the not going crazy and safeguarding the future but in say 2 months weeks and we've lost nearly every game and everyone is ripping the piss out of SUFC, its hard to stand there and say with a straight face 'This is a carefully considered plan to ensure we are financially viable further down the line.'

My issue is its bloody hard to get to this level and when you get here you fight tooth and nail to stay here for the further financial gains each season brings. Just effectively giving up on even trying to do that doesn't sit well with me.

The notion we will have lots of saleable assets if we go down is arguable too. No-one came for Baldock and Egan last time and both are free agents. We've punted on a lot of foreign players no-one had really heard of (except Hamer) and hoping we can unearth some gems like Brighton or Brentford - without the scouting network they have.

I worry in 2 years the costs we need to offset being back in the Champ means we may sell a few a la Ramsdale but we will be back to square one. The good players did not want to stay this time even at a higher level so won't if we go down. Southampton sold 150 mill of players this summer. Lets say Everton or Wolves go down, they will do the same. We arent going to be able to compete with such clubs even at Champ level. Granted Everton seem a bit of a mess but clubs like that sadly get took over easier than us.

I know the reality is we can't spend what we don't have but what we should have done is kept Ndiaye and if we went down then so be it. Selling him and 4 weeks later not replacing him and giving up a month of the season looks all the world like a side not even playing at it, at this level.

I repeat that the aim to get is to this level, we now seem to have almost accepted we won't be here more than a season which is hard to take. However this is dressed up.

The simple answer is a new wealthier owner. However its taken 2 years and we areno further forward on this. I don't get why the Prince took us over if he did not have the funds to properly support us when we got to the level he wanted?
I accept your reasoning and your points are well made, albeit from a slightly pessimistic long term point of view.
For the sake of debate, say Hamer is on 40k per week. He is probably on less, but worst case if all players are on similar money that represents an annual wage bill of around 52 m for a squad of 25 players!
Even if we are relegated, that is reduced by 30/40%! Surely that makes our liabilities affordable for this season and next.
PH does need more players, but I suspect he won’t get his first choice of permanent players lined up and signed. He still gets 2 quality PL loans to make the team more robust overall.
Looking further ahead, we will have an improved team on lower wages. Remember that Trusty and Davies haven’t kicked a ball yet. I believe all the others will ‘develop’ into good players with asset values.
I’m just being positive about our future this season and next. I agree a wealthy owner would help, but things could be much worse. ;)

Give over, it’s an absolute shitshow in terms of signings so to fob off legitimate concerns with ‘not everything is ideal’ is utter ignorance.

I also don’t go along with this ‘but we’ve signed 7 players’. Yeah we’ve lost 5 first teamers n all.
I disagree. Some of the new arrivals are young enough to be assets to the club in terms of future value.
Some fans forget that the club will still have liabilities, in terms of Wilder largesse on payments for Brewster, Berge and probably McBurnie too.

The books still have to balance! We still hope for one more permanent signing, and 2 PL loans.

Not all signings work out e.g. Khadra and Clark, (both for different reasons). That’s why PH has a criteria for incoming players, to fit the dressing room and the football quality.

Back
Top Bottom