11 vs Bristol City?

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Looks like you think he deserved more game time because of what you saw him on a good day/night for him.

I don't think he's been given enough opportunities to showcase what he can do.
I would have preferred some of McAtee's minutes to have gone to Khadra instead.

I don't think either of them have pulled up any trees since being here.
Neither deserve(d) to be in ahead of Ndiaye / Berge.
But more minutes from the bench? Yes.
A couple more starts preserve Berge & Ndiaye? Yes.

We need to think about who can win the game for us against Burnley, but Bristol City are a side that could cause an upset if we treat them too lightly.
Always, always start with Ndiaye. If all is going well, sub him off for a rest. Same goes for McBurnie.

I can see Norwood and Doyle getting a goal here, maybe even JLT if we’re lucky!

Wes

Basham Egan Robinson

Baldock Norwood Doyle Osborn

Khadra N'Diaye

McBurnie

Subs;
Davies
Clark
Stevens
Fleck
Arblaster
McAtee
Sharp
11 against Bristol City? Yes I wouldn't think we could get away with playing more players than that.........

But seriously, thanks for putting Bristol City, not Bristol.

--------------------------------Davies----------------------------
Baldock-------Basham-------Egan----Robinson--------Stevens
---------Doyle---------------Norwood---------Osborn----------
-------------------McBurnie-------NDaiye-----------------------

Fleck
Arblaster
Sharp
Clark (if available)
McAtee
Gordon

It's a windy night, a long way from home with a limited away support quotient and on telly. We just need to stop giving the ball away, get the ball up to McB and NDaiye and have them run at the opposition with Osborn and Doyle high up supporting the attack. Playing in their half is the only way we win this. Fucking about playing tippy-tappy out wide and playing training-ground possession drills is how BCFC turn us over. Momentum now not stasis. Get at them you fuckers.

pommpey

Regarding Wes ,do you not get penalized for appealing a card anymore? They used to put an extra game on didnt they or have I imagined that?

Regarding Wes ,do you not get penalized for appealing a card anymore? They used to put an extra game on didnt they or have I imagined that?

You used to get an extra game suspended if it was adjudged to be a ‘spurious appeal’. As far as I know it can still occur.

Obviously depends on the starting 11 but if it was the side I'd choose then subs coming on would be, Stevens, Clark, Fleck, Mcatee and Sharp for Osborn, Robinson, Doyle, N'Diaye and McBurnie.
You'd bring on McAtee instead of Khadra?

At least Khadra has the frame of an adult. McAtee seems far too weak.

It really feels as if this loan is a year too early. He has skills but most opponents will know that a gust of wind is enough to knock him over.

You'd bring on McAtee instead of Khadra?

At least Khadra has the frame of an adult. McAtee seems far too weak.

It really feels as if this loan is a year too early. He has skills but most opponents will know that a gust of wind is enough to knock him over.
Yeah because I'd start Khadra with N'Diaye and McBurnie.

We need to think about who can win the game for us against Burnley, but Bristol City are a side that could cause an upset if we treat them too lightly.
Always, always start with Ndiaye. If all is going well, sub him off for a rest. Same goes for McBurnie.

I can see Norwood and Doyle getting a goal here, maybe even JLT if we’re lucky!

As big a strides as Ndiaye has taken in his fitness, I still don't think he's a three games a week guy. He tends to disappear when he tires.
To get the best from him we have to appreciate his limitations and keep him fresh.

Wes

Basham Egan Robinson

Baldock Norwood Doyle Osborn

Khadra N'Diaye

McBurnie

Subs;
Davies
Clark
Stevens
Fleck
Arblaster
McAtee
Sharp
Looks a good team. Would be nice to see Khadra get another chance, and in a more natural position.

I'm always content that Hecky is picking the "correct" team though. It's always a worry to see key players rested, but it's necessary sometimes.

I'd probably guess we'll actually play a flat midfield 3, but who knows. COYB.

--------------------------------Davies----------------------------
Baldock-------Basham-------Egan----Robinson--------Stevens
---------Doyle---------------Norwood---------Osborn----------
-------------------McBurnie-------NDaiye-----------------------

Fleck
Arblaster
Sharp
Clark (if available)
McAtee
Gordon

It's a windy night, a long way from home with a limited away support quotient and on telly. We just need to stop giving the ball away, get the ball up to McB and NDaiye and have them run at the opposition with Osborn and Doyle high up supporting the attack. Playing in their half is the only way we win this. Fucking about playing tippy-tappy out wide and playing training-ground possession drills is how BCFC turn us over. Momentum now not stasis. Get at them you fuckers.

pommpey
You could have given the speech at Agincourt !!!!

I think his opinion on Khadra might have changed now, having worked every day with him...
I think there's a pretty big body of evidence to suggest that's the case.
We're almost halfway through the season and he's not shown much trust with him. How many starts has he had? 2, 3? Even with Berge out and McAtee massively underperforming.
Outside of that, most of Khadra's cameos have been 5/10 mins. 0-0 away at Coventry, didn't throw him on.
Khadra's appearances... (bold indicates starts)
Watford (a): 22 mins
Sunderland (h): 24 mins
Blackburn (h): 65 mins
Reading (h): 23 mins
Swansea (a): 8 mins, 1 goal
Birmingham (h): 64 mins (LWB)
QPR (h): 43 mins (RWB, on for the injured Baldock)
Stoke (a): 58 mins
Blackpool (h): 6 mins
Norwich (h): 10 mins

Stoke seems to have been a bit of a watershed. He'd filled in admirably as a wing back in his previous two appearances but his performance was poor and he was hooked before the hour. Up to him to prove that he's worthy of more time on the pitch now.

As big a strides as Ndiaye has taken in his fitness, I still don't think he's a three games a week guy. He tends to disappear when he tires.
To get the best from him we have to appreciate his limitations and keep him fresh.
Normally I would agree with you, but in the case of Ndiaye, he is a bit special. We both know his ability can turn a game on its head in just a few seconds, even late in a game, when he’s tiring, or if he’s having an off day.
That capability cannot be denied time on the pitch.

Normally I would agree with you, but in the case of Ndiaye, he is a bit special. We both know his ability can turn a game on its head in just a few seconds, even late in a game, when he’s tiring, or if he’s having an off day.
That capability cannot be denied time on the pitch.
But if he gets injured because of being overplayed... He'll be denied a lot more gametime involuntarily.

We have to trust the staff on how many minutes players can play, as we do not see training/testing etc that they see.

Khadra definitely my pick tonight for our traditional weekly Out For The Next Few Months role.

The last 2 to receive the honour had each hardly been on the pitch 10 minutes so whether he's on as starter or sub I reckon RK is in with a great chance. Also, I might be mistaken but he hasn't yet been our injured in his time with us has he? So it's about time he did his duty and stepped up to lie down on the treatment table til xmas.

But if he gets injured because of being overplayed... He'll be denied a lot more gametime involuntarily.

We have to trust the staff on how many minutes players can play, as we do not see training/testing etc that they see.
Agreed. I just think he is a special player, and that makes him a special case. I’m sure he would play every day if he got the chance. He brings something special to every game. He can rest when he’s ‘gone to Villa’. ;)

---------------------------Wes
-----------Basham---Egan---Robinson
Baldock---------------------------------------Osborn
------------------Doyle------Norwood
------------Ndiaye--------------Khadra
-----------------------McBurnie

Subs: Davies, Sachdev, Stevens, Clark, Fleck, McAtee, Sharp.

Bristol love to have a go. A lot of their games are open high-scoring affairs.
Feels ready-made for Khadra's chaotic style. I think if we can stay tight at the back we can pick them off on the counter.

The above is what I would pick.
Highly unlikely PH will go for Khadra (who he doesn't seem to rate). Think he'll pick Fleck next to Norwood with Doyle slightly more advanced.

Oh. Khadra does start. Be intrigued to see how he goes.

No problem with PH resting McBurnie given his injury issues either. Think he's picked a good side tonight.

Khadra needs to go back he does not put it in. Minimal effort

Back
Top Bottom