Will we actually sign anyone?

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Don’t think we can do much before 1st July due to FFP rules although we could technically sign players and start contract and announce them from 1st July?

Last edited:

Just what it says on your profile......

JJ is a Blade though, no doubt about that.

I think I might have managed to use BM profile details. Get to our age it all blends together eh Sean.
You're bang right on the other point.

Without sarcasm, why is the current board shit TPL?
On Macabes watch we have...
Redeloped the Lane
Got a decent training base
Have no fiscal debt
Played in the top division twice. At least..

Ok, without sarcasm
Redeveloped the Lane - No, some work has been done, but it's not redeveloped, and still isn't a top class stadium by todays standards, far from it.

Got a decent training base - Yes, decent is correct. Fantastic, brilliant, excellent, No.

Have no fiscal debt - Not sure about that. Anybody can be debt free, it doesn't mean their standard of living is better, you can just stay at home with Mum and Dad forever and don't do anything, result = Debt free.
My friend has over a million pounds of debt, but he has eighteen properties. His attitude is "Thank God for debt and Thank God that credit is readily available" because he has around £5 million in his property portfolio and his own residential home is about a million quids worth. Without debts, he'd have achieved nothing.
As far as the club is concerned we do owe money but it's owed mostly to our directors. Who knows what they'll want back when he time comes.

Played in the top division twice - Wow, a whole twice, (sorry sarcasm, couldn't help it) twice would be acceptable if it had been for 15 years over two occasions, we've had one season and just about to start our second.

Ok, without sarcasm
Redeveloped the Lane - No, some work has been done, but it's not redeveloped, and still isn't a top class stadium by todays standards, far from it.

Got a decent training base - Yes, decent is correct. Fantastic, brilliant, excellent, No.

Have no fiscal debt - Not sure about that. Anybody can be debt free, it doesn't mean their standard of living is better, you can just stay at home with Mum and Dad forever and don't do anything, result = Debt free.
My friend has over a million pounds of debt, but he has eighteen properties. His attitude is "Thank God for debt and Thank God that credit is readily available" because he has around £5 million in his property portfolio and his own residential home is about a million quids worth. Without debts, he'd have achieved nothing.
As far as the club is concerned we do owe money but it's owed mostly to our directors. Who knows what they'll want back when he time comes.

Played in the top division twice - Wow, a whole twice, (sorry sarcasm, couldn't help it) twice would be acceptable if it had been for 15 years over two occasions, we've had one season and just about to start our second.

What money is owed by the club to the directors?

Ok, without sarcasm

Can’t believe that we’ve just been promoted to the Premier League, and you’re spouting all this negative shit.

Can’t believe that we’ve just been promoted to the Premier League, and you’re spouting all this negative shit.

You mean truth
There's nothing negative about it
We haven't got a fully refurbished Bramall Lane

We haven't got the greatest training facilities

We aren't debt free

And playing twice in the top division is not much of an achievement

Its got nothing to do with the current players or Wilders achievements which have been astonishingly good

It's just the truth

Last edited:
You mean truth
There's nothing negative about it
We haven't got a fully refurbished Bramall Lane

We haven't got the greatest training facilities

We aren't debt free

And playing twice in the top division is not much of an achievement

OK, if all the above means so much to you, I suggest you look elsewhere - this is United we’re talking about, not Real Madrid (if you want debt with a royal warrant, that’s your club). When I started going to the Lane, the board was pinned to the table by Dick Wragg and H.Blacow Yates, and you think you’re getting a bad deal? You’ve never had it so good, and your mate’s debts and property mean the square root of fuck all to true Blades.

As things stand things look bleak and nowt apart fromt owners tearing the club apart seems to be happening, a recipe for setting up to fail. Hopefully bit by bit players better than “affordable” will join, pre season will start, ground a facilities will see a slight improvement (nothing more than slight) and the owners will move on giving us a chance to be a top flight club. Any of those fail to happen and it will be a new chapter in the self inflicted unlucky club saga.

OK, if all the above means so much to you, I suggest you look elsewhere - this is United we’re talking about, not Real Madrid (if you want debt with a royal warrant, that’s your club). When I started going to the Lane, the board was pinned to the table by Dick Wragg and H.Blacow Yates, and you think you’re getting a bad deal? You’ve never had it so good, and your mate’s debts and property mean the square root of fuck all to true Blades.

Who said my mates property and debts did mean anything ?

It was used as an example to explain that debt isn't necessarily a bad thing

It was also said in answer to somebody else's post who talked about Bramall Lane and our training facilities as though they were the Bernabeu

I just said they're not...........in other words, the truth, that thing that so many bleeding hearts on here can't handle.

Our stadium is not completely redeveloped, our training facilities are not world class and our club is not without debt, however that debt is packaged. Like I said, The truth

Can't see the problem myself but carry on whinging

It was also said in answer to somebody else's post who talked about Bramall Lane and our training facilities as though they were the Bernabeu

I just said they're not...........in other words, the truth, that thing that so many bleeding hearts on here can't handle.

Our stadium is not completely redeveloped, our training facilities are not world class and our club is not without debt, however that debt is packaged. Like I said, The truth

Can't see the problem myself but I’ll carry on whinging
Fixed

Can't see the problem myself but carry on whinging

A gin and orange, a lemon squash and a scotch and water please. Oh, and the money owing to directors.......

No he didn't.

I've known him my whole life, over 50 years but you think you know better.
Crack on pal.

So you’ve changed the laws of science or your a liar because your profile does state that you are 48, but have have known TPL for 50years.

So you’ve changed the laws of science or your a liar because your profile does state that you are 48, but have have known TPL for 50years.

You're a tedious, odious irritant.
It's disturbing that you bother to poke about like that unless of course you've just read Thornton post.
Either way go away and rearrange your stamp collection and y front drawer.

Back
Top Bottom