View From West Brom

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Can't bring myself to read this just yet Roy :(

But cheers as always.

thanks roy & seems fair. I abit later than usual leaving the ground as I needed the loo, which is rare for me. ended up behind 2 west brom fans talking about the game. they said about us that we should've been out of sight 1st half.

but its the same old story we all know that we have to be at 100% & its impossible for any sportsman to achive that & why I the most successful teams are the ones with the best B games

Fair and reasoned comments, all said.

Off out for a couple of pints of melancholia later. Hopefully with a Swansea chaser.

UTB.

Can’t disagree with anything there.

They deserved to win and did so.

Very fair comments.

They’re a club it’s hard to dislike these days. The manager is a top bloke, the team play properly (unlike the megson era), and their attacking flair is good to watch.

Just wish we’d got that second goal, then I’d respect them that little bit more... :)

Cheers Roy

Fair points, but, them and us all agree that if we were more clinical the game would have been over by half time.

Cheers Roy. Fair comments from them. They deserved the win because we faded badly and thankfully we only lost 1-2.
Shocking 2nd half which we need to stop ASAP. UTB

Fair comments. All I got from my Baggies-supporting mate at full-time was “Boing Boing”. I’d completely forgotten how annoying that was.

Spot on comments, not sure about they could have been 3 down at HT but time after time we are knackered after 30 - 40 mins due to this high pressing game. Wilder simply doesn't have the players to do it against the better teams, it might have worked in League one or against the poorer sides in the championship but we fall down every time we come up against a decent team. The players in the championship are so much fitter than in League one and don't make as many mistakes if we are not at least 2 goals to the good at HT we will struggle to win. Having an ageing squad doesn't help us either, maybe it is time to throw some of the young uns in they cant be no worse than Johnson and Washington. I fear for us next season if we don't do something to lower the average age of the squad the likes of Clark, Sharp, McGoldrick, Duffy, Coutts etc can't carry on forever. Injuries take longer to get over with age, these should be bit part players now not the mainstay players of the squad. Says it all when we have to recall a player on loan to Barrow to sit on our bench, it also signals the end of the Ched Evans saga too if we are that threadbare of options.

Fair assessment although it hurts. We can see we are not far away though can’t we. A little bit more investment and we will be up very near the top. We all can see this and Chris knows what we need problem is do the owners

“They pressed us extremely high first half and ran out of steam, you could see it after 35-40 mins. Second half they couldn’t close us down as quick so we had time on the ball, this coupled with us having much better players meant we were pretty comfortable.If Moore’s game plan was to keep us in it until they pressed themselves to death then I’ll give him credit, dangerous though as they could have been 2 or 3 up by that point.”

This, this and a thousand times this.

Cheers Roy!

I’d like to give them credit but I think we made them look better than what they are and our substitutions aided this. No matter how poorly you think Fleck is playing you just can’t substitute him because we don’t have a player of his ilk to compliment how we play.

I know Wilder is limited in what he can do but I think his substitutions are by far his biggest downfall. I’ve never known a Blades side be so shit at changing a game for the better when making substitutions.

For any Blades fan who is looking for someone or something to blame for last night, just read those Baggies fans comments. They’ll tell you honestly and fairly what you saw as clearly not everyone can recall it accurately.

We played really well in the first half and should have gone in 2 or 3 goals up.

Second half they wised up to us and were the best side.

They deserved to win because we failed to put them to bed when we had the opportunity to. They were no better than us overall but far more clinical. They attacked quickly and got the ball into the danger zone with speed. We fucked about looking to create the most perfect goal in the world.

That’s the difference.

An observation from WBA:

“They pressed us extremely high first half and ran out of steam, you could see it after 35-40 mins. Second half they couldn’t close us down as quick so we had time on the ball, this coupled with us having much better players meant we were pretty comfortable"

I am beginning to wonder if our style of play and system is not physically sustainable over 90 mins? When we run out of energy there is no plan B, and we have limited options from the bench to change up.

I think against the better teams, with decent managers and a better calibre of player we are found out. This is somewhat evidenced by our poor record against most of the top teams.

Maybe we have enough to overcome the weaker teams. If we continue with this style we have to be more clinical and capitalise on the opportunities created. We should have been at least 2 - 0 up at half time last night.

Just my two pence worth....

HH

I like Baggies fans in general.

Had a chat with one of their fans walking down Bramall Lane and into town after. Very fair in his views and was complimentary about us, but thought they deserved it in the end.

He could have wrote some of those comments.

An observation from WBA:

“They pressed us extremely high first half and ran out of steam, you could see it after 35-40 mins. Second half they couldn’t close us down as quick so we had time on the ball, this coupled with us having much better players meant we were pretty comfortable"

I am beginning to wonder if our style of play and system is not physically sustainable over 90 mins? When we run out of energy there is no plan B, and we have limited options from the bench to change up.

I think against the better teams, with decent managers and a better calibre of player we are found out. This is somewhat evidenced by our poor record against most of the top teams.

Maybe we have enough to overcome the weaker teams. If we continue with this style we have to be more clinical and capitalise on the opportunities created. We should have been at least 2 - 0 up at half time last night.

Just my two pence worth....

HH

I partially agree but I think it's down to individual fitness rather than an unworkable team tactic and approach.

Basham and JOC put as much work in as anyone but they don't look anywhere near as knackered at the end as some others do after an hour.

Back
Top Bottom