CONFIRMED Oliver McBurnie

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Personally don't feel it's really hugely over the odds - it's probably his peak value, but compared to say Danny Ings (£16m, 27yo, terrible injury history, 38 games played in 4 seasons) I think it's a worthwhile spend.

Che Adams is a good comparison, he was £16m or so to Southampton, is the same age as McBurnie and scored the same amount of league goals last season. Probably the only difference is that Birmingham were under much more pressure to sell than Swansea so have less room to negotiate (Assuming, indeed, the final McBurnie cost would be £20m).

And Tyrone Mings for £20m FFS.

Osborn is cover for Fleck and won’t play ahead of him unless he’s suspended, injured or seriously lacking in form for a consistent run of games which ultimately won’t be happening.

All about opinions though, isn’t it. And only one person’s opinion counts. We’ll see.

Not disagreeing with you here but how do you know what Wilder's starting 11 will be? Personally I think Flecks earned the right to be a starter but anything is possible. Who'd have thought Duffy would be an outcast 2 weeks ago?
I obviously don’t know what Wilders’ starting 11 will be but it’s just my opinion on who I think he will play and actually who I think should play, Fleck will be even better this year as I think we’ll play with a flatter 3 in midfield but Fleck will finally be allowed to do what he does best and that’s them long bursting darts into space taking midfielders and defenders all over the shop, this is my hunch anyway.

His role this season will be different to last seasons, I think he’ll have more licence to get forward and that’s when Fleck is lethal.

I obviously don’t know what Wilders’ starting 11 will be but it’s just my opinion on who I think he will play and actually who I think should play, Fleck will be even better this year as I think we’ll play with a flatter 3 in midfield but Fleck will finally be allowed to do what he does best and that’s them long bursting darts into space taking midfielders and defenders all over the shop, this is my hunch anyway.

His role this season will be different to last seasons, I think he’ll have more licence to get forward and that’s when Fleck is lethal.

I think whoever gets that shirt will have protecting Norwood, who I expect to start, as part of their role. Norwood will get pressed.

I'm worried that JOC may refuse to play with McB. Two ginger beards in the same team but Jack's will look even less impressive at the side of Olly's!

Wonder if it will include Lunny? 👀

Wonder if it will include Lunny? 👀
My personal view is that he’s played Lunny in almost all the games in pre season to play the system he’s looking at playing this season but with an upgrade on Lunny when he finally brings that player in, who incidentally hasn’t done anything wrong but I do feel Wilder will want someone better in this role.

If he doesn’t bring anyone in then Lunny has every chance of starting.

Personally don't feel it's really hugely over the odds - it's probably his peak value, but compared to say Danny Ings (£16m, 27yo, terrible injury history, 38 games played in 4 seasons) I think it's a worthwhile spend.

Che Adams is a good comparison, he was £16m or so to Southampton, is the same age as McBurnie and scored the same amount of league goals last season. Probably the only difference is that Birmingham were under much more pressure to sell than Swansea so have less room to negotiate (Assuming, indeed, the final McBurnie cost would be £20m).

Burnley paid £17mill for Wood a couple of seasons ago after a very similar season and before transfer fees went really ridiculous, and he was older than OM, so I'm not sure its massively over priced. Probably just seems that to some Blades as we've never spent that sort of money before.

My personal view is that he’s played Lunny in almost all the games in pre season to play the system he’s looking at playing this season but with an upgrade on Lunny when he finally brings that player in, who incidentally hasn’t done anything wrong but I do feel Wilder will want someone better in this role.

If he doesn’t bring anyone in then Lunny has every chance of starting.

Think you’ve hit the nail on the head there.

The strength of Wilder and we’ve seen it for ourselves is

He DOESN’T collect the best players or put the best players in the team.
Instead Wilder decides a team pattern/ team tactic and appoints players and plays the best players to play that specific role.

Wilder might be thinking that for the first time ever his teams are going to come under pressure where there will be spells when we have little possession.
Maybe Wilder wants an athletic tough tacking defensive midfielder who can play in front of the defence. It’s an unglamorous job
But maybe Wilder thinks the best player in the whole club who can play that role is Lundstrum, so he’s giving him his big chance.
Although it seems Wilder is already wanting another (maybe loan) defensive midfield player for this role, with Lunny being the challenger for that position.

Back
Top Bottom