CONFIRMED Oliver McBurnie

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Yorks Post reckoning bid could be around £20m

£20 fkin million

Never thought I'd see the day we are bidding that sort of money for a player (and yet it's nowt in PL terms)

At my age just thought I'm destined never to see us compete again in the top league (with all the money flying around but never our way)

HRH is reyt! CW is the Messiah :)

Yorks Post reckoning bid around £20m

£20 fkin million

Never thought I'd see the day we are bidding that sort of money for a player (and yet it's nowt in PL terms)

At my age just thought I'm destined never to see us compete again in the top league (with all the money flying around but never our way)

HRH is reyt! CW is the Messiah :)
Betty Windsor has said that about Wilder?, that’s a break from Royal protocol.

Ollie's looking jolly, now he's a Blade and in the lolly, come rain or shine he's got a brolly that says he's off his trolley, cos who'da thunked we've gone and spunked a wedge on Ollie Mcb!

(No apologies, and yes I know, still to be confirmed but.......we're in good shape, so well done those who've made this possible!)

7 subs thought isn’t it? I can see two or three forwards on the bench.

Looking at Saturday's squad, and adding JOC, Mousset and hopefully McBurnie, I suspect we're looking at these 19 as the 'main' squad;
Henderson, Baldock, Stevens, Fleck, Basham, Lundstram (L Freeman 64), Robinson (Morrison 75), Egan, Norwood, McGoldrick (Sharp 70), Osborn, Moore, Jagielka

so yeah, leave out Lunny and we could do it but the way he's figured pre-season I think he might make the bench which leaves Billy or Didsy more than likely unless one of the new boys misses out which seems unlikely.

I think Duffy fucking it up for himself actually helps us in terms of options on the bench. Because McGoldrick and Robinson can both play the 10 position we could see which ever one of them isn’t playing plus two of Sharp/Mousset/McBurnie on the bench.

For example
Henderson, Basham, Egan, O’Connell, Baldock, Stevens, Norwood, Fleck, Freeman, Robinson, McBurnie

Subs: Moore, Jagielka, Osborn, Lundstram/Morrison, McGoldrick, Mousset, Sharp

Gives cover to every position on the pitch, the only question is on a game by game basis would you rather have Lundstrams solidity or Morrison’s flair as the bench option.

Lots of subs, lots of rotation. I think we’ll see them all on a regular basis, but very few if any starting every game. Satdi-Tuesday-Frydi in the Prem.

Givemarun. Givemallafuckinrun. 😂

Fewer mid-week games (and games in general) in the Premier League, mind. And I don't suppose Wilder will be changing his approach to Cup games any time soon, although I might be wrong.

I think Duffy fucking it up for himself actually helps us in terms of options on the bench. Because McGoldrick and Robinson can both play the 10 position we could see which ever one of them isn’t playing plus two of Sharp/Mousset/McBurnie on the bench.

For example
Henderson, Basham, Egan, O’Connell, Baldock, Stevens, Norwood, Fleck, Freeman, Robinson, McBurnie

Subs: Moore, Jagielka, Osborn, Lundstram/Morrison, McGoldrick, Mousset, Sharp

Gives cover to every position on the pitch, the only question is on a game by game basis would you rather have Lundstrams solidity or Morrison’s flair as the bench option.

That made me smile, but only at the thought of us having a £10million player as a sub!

Can't have Fleck and McBurnie in the same team, they'll try and take England for Bonny Prince Charlie.

What a pleasure to have this sort of problem, rather than who starts alongside Monty or Leigertwood in midfield! It’s a different and vastly better world, albeit the money is obscene.
❤⚔
Legsofwood...now that's a blast from the past !!! I do seem to remember him scoring a worldly once though !

Fewer mid-week games (and games in general) in the Premier League, mind. And I don't suppose Wilder will be changing his approach to Cup games any time soon, although I might be wrong.

Yeah I realised that just after posting. Only two or three scheduled midweek games. I still think Tufty will use all the squad, whether as starters or tactical substitutes. We can’t have our record signing not having a game, or our record signing come to that and certainly not our record signing. Then of course, our record signing will be expected to get a few games.

Gerremon. Gerremallon.

A little preview from the Swans... (sorry Roy, couldn't resist)

I could be wrong but the reality is that Sheff Utd will be back in the Championship next season..(They won't be good enough to survive, I don't rate Chris Wilder as he's too one dimensional). That's the depressing part. They are going nowhere but they are taking us with them...

t.hanks_.gif

I never realised how few there are! We are down for 4 midweek games (Tue/Wed/Thur) for the entire season :eek:

Back
Top Bottom