Neal Maupay

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

I'm not convinced he'll go for any more than £15million.

We can afford him in a literal sense, but in reality it would use a huge chunk of our budget and leave us no money for the rest of the squad.

I'm sure I could afford a Lamborghini if I sold my house and all my possessions.
Well I’m confident that we could afford him and we’d have sufficient funds to improve the rest of the squad so we’ll have to agree to disagree on this one C2.

Well I’m confident that we could afford him and we’d have sufficient funds to improve the rest of the squad so we’ll have to agree to disagree on this one C2.

How many players do you think we need? And what do you presume pur budget will be?

How many players do you think we need? And what do you presume pur budget will be?
I’ve just seen in another thread that you think £15m for Assombalonga is ok but you seem against a move for someone of a similar fee who is by far a better player and suits our style of play a lot more. It’s no contest for me, if it’s Assombalonga or Maupay then it’s Maupay all the way regardless of our budget.

No one knows the budget but the Premier league brings vast riches so I’m sure it’s a lot more than £15m or £20m, an hell of a lot more and the striking department always costs a lot more if you want the required qualities, it’s also something we’ve lacked in all our failures, good striking options.

I’ve just seen in another thread that you think £15m for Assombalonga is ok but you seem against a move for someone of a similar fee who is by far a better player and suits our style of play a lot more. It’s no contest for me, if it’s Assombalonga or Maupay then it’s Maupay all the way regardless of our budget.

Can you find the quote where I said we should spend £15m on Assombolonga? I bet you can't.

No one knows the budget but the Premier league brings vast riches so I’m sure it’s a lot more than £15m or £20m, an hell of a lot more and the striking department always costs a lot more if you want the required qualities, it’s also something we’ve lacked in all our failures, good striking options.

We don't know, but we can guess based on what comparable newly promoted teams have spent in recent years. It's not likely to be too much more than £50m if you ask me, meaning the signing of Maupay could effectively eat half our budget.

Tammy Abraham and Maupay are likely to be beyond our reach, Abraham might even be given a chance at Chelsea given that their under a transfer embargo. Assombalonga would improve what we have. He has pace, he can finish when on form (that's the key bit with him) and he's good in the air.

But for me our most realistic option up top who would improve us the most is OIllie McBurnie. I doubt he'll command the interest that Maupay will and he is from Yorkshire and would surely fancy a move to us. He's a unit, can score goals from outside the box, as well as tap ins, he is good in the air and he can bring others into play. I think McBurnie should be our top forward target, and he's still young of course.

A unit is not the way I’d describe McBurnie. He’s about 11 stone wet through and a 6ft 2in is pretty light weight.

We don't know, but we can guess based on what comparable newly promoted teams have spent in recent years. It's not likely to be too much more than £50m if you ask me, meaning the signing of Maupay could effectively eat half our budget.
For me, Maupay will cost no where near £25M.

It's not up to you, it's up to Brentford.

I will be amazed if he goes for less than £20m.
I haven’t said it is, what I will say is I think you should calm down a tad. It’s obviously up to Brentford but we’re discussing it and you’re coming across as very irate for no apparent reason.

I can’t and I won’t, it was just the impression I got.

Well it's not the case. I haven't said we should sign Assombolonga.

I haven’t said it is, what I will say is I think you should calm down a tad. It’s obviously up to Brentford but we’re discussing it and you’re coming across as very irate for no apparent reason.

Apologies if I'm coming across as irate, it's not my intention.

Well it's not the case. I haven't said we should sign Assombolonga.

Apologies if I'm coming across as irate, it's not my intention.
Fair enough mate, my impression and assumption must have been wrong, I’ll take it on the chin and improve the assumptionometer in the future. :)

No need to apologise, it looks like I was the one who was wrong so I’ve no qualms in apologising, it’s a great time to be a Blade so we’ve no need to bicker over things we have no control over.

It's not up to you, it's up to Brentford.

I will be amazed if he goes for less than £20m.
No one will pay 20 million for Maupay why is he worth that ?
If you put assombalomga in that Brentford team or us or Norwich etc he would score as many goals

10/15 million if he’s gonna be our big signing then yeah but 20 milk that’s ridiculous

10/15 million if he’s gonna be our big signing then yeah but 20 milk that’s ridiculous
I completely agree that it's ridiculous but right now football transfer fees are ridiculous across the board at the highest levels, so I dont know how much that means.

Chelsea's embargo will hit a number of clubs.

Seemed sure Hazard would go to Madrid. Less certain now.

If he still goes, then Hudson-Odoi, a likely internla replacement is out injured for a while.

Surely this means at least until January that there ought to be a place in the matchday squad until January for Abraham.

You'd also wonder whether the likes of James, who can play RB, RWB, CB and CM, would be well worth keeping around until then as well.

It's going to take some time to come to terms with the fees and wages that you have to pay, to match the riches you receive.

Does that matter?

I think Sharp deserves his chance to start. Maupay would be a very direct replacement, we wouldn't play them together, and being very expensive, he'd be nailed on to start.

It would seem especially unnecessary to me because from a purely football point of view, a striker who can play with Sharp and on his own should be the main target. That for me should be Oli McBurnie, who would also probably cost half of what Maupay would.

, it’s a great time to be a Blade so we’ve no need to bicker over things we have no control over.

Couldn't agree more mate. UTB :)

No one will pay 20 million for Maupay why is he worth that ?
If you put assombalomga in that Brentford team or us or Norwich etc he would score as many goals

I'm going off the figure being touted in the press. It's not that surprising when you consider centre halves (who usually coat less than strikers) are moving for £15m, such as Gibson and Mepham.

Has the market changed? Days of people paying 15-20 million for championship players. Most teams in the championship are in a financial mess and not sure they have the same leverage anymore.

If villa don’t get promoted I can’t see them holding teams to ransom over Grealish for example.

This is a very good season to poach some top quality championship players at affordable prices IMO.

Hull Bowen
Brentford will need to sell Maupay

Two example of where we can pick off

What I mean is he's got such strength on the ball, teams really struggle to get it off him, he uses his strength really well, as shown on the video below.

He does use his strength well, I’d say it’s his skill that makes it difficult to get the ball off him though.

Has the market changed? Days of people paying 15-20 million for championship players. Most teams in the championship are in a financial mess and not sure they have the same leverage anymore.

If villa don’t get promoted I can’t see them holding teams to ransom over Grealish for example.

This is a very good season to poach some top quality championship players at affordable prices IMO.

Hull Bowen
Brentford will need to sell Maupay

Two example of where we can pick off

Grealish has a £60 million buyout clause in his contract. :eek:

If McBurnie works on his overall power, especially upper body, then he'll be a very good PL striker.

Problem with Maupay McBurnie etc is zero PL experience. Better to spend on loans/FFP's such as Cahill, Mata, Benteke types, proven PL players who can drag our enthusiasm up to a stay in the league.

Problem with Maupay McBurnie etc is zero PL experience. Better to spend on loans/FFP's such as Cahill, Mata, Benteke types, proven PL players who can drag our enthusiasm up to a stay in the league.

Bonkers.

Firstly, all those players will be on 4X what our highest earner is on. Probably more in the case of Cahill and Mata, who'll both be on £100Kpw at least. (Hardly sounds like a recipe for enthusiasm, does it?)

Secondly, those sort of established PL players won't move to a newly promoted club.

Back
Top Bottom