Joe Rodon

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Only way this makes sense is if he's seen as the Bash replacement.
Right footed but plays on the left however that's not something CWAK go in for, so maybe it'll be tolerated this season given Jack's injury, but then he'll be moved over to the right side for next year. It's also the only way the likely fee makes any sense.

I really can't see this happening and it's probably lazy journalism using Utd's reported previous interest. With Ampadu able to cover RCB and CB, I really don't see why Rodon, as a right-footer, would be recruited when there are far more glaring gaps to cover with any remaining budget i.e. LCB, RCM.

I know it's not great to hear, but we're not a great move for him right now. Things looks grim for us & he's had Spurs sniffing who are a bigger club and will pay him a higher salary.

He'd be better off waiting until January if he can't get his big move right now.

I know it's not great to hear, but we're not a great move for him right now. Things looks grim for us & he's had Spurs sniffing who are a bigger club and will pay him a higher salary.

He'd be better off waiting until January if he can't get his big move right now.
"Things look grim for us" 😂

Just finished 9th, just signed one of the brightest striking talents in English football. Etc.

Surely that can't compete with the opportunity to team back up with mcburnie in their goldy looking chain tribute act.

"Things look grim for us" 😂

Just finished 9th, just signed one of the brightest striking talents in English football. Etc.

Lost our last 7 games in the Prem, scoring 1 goal. 3 of next 4 are against top 4 sides.
We're most people's tips for relegation this season. We don't look anything like the side that finished 9th last time out.

I know it's hard, but objectively - if I was him - I'd be giving it til January if a deal to one of the big boys can't happen this window. Worse comes to worse & the higher interest isn't there anymore he can have another look at our position then.

To be honest and as daft as it sounds, he'd probably have a better chance of starting games with Spurs than Utd. He's not going to oust Egan from the side and he'd probably be third choice as RCB

With Leicester amd Spurs after him Swansea will want as much as we paid for McBurnie...and thsts for someone who doesn't fill an immediate need...no chance of him coming to us.

Its a left footer or I think Wilder will play Stevens there and bring Lowe in which could work really well leaving whatever money we have left for the creative midfielder

Lost our last 7 games in the Prem, scoring 1 goal. 3 of next 4 are against top 4 sides.
We're most people's tips for relegation this season. We don't look anything like the side that finished 9th last time out.

I know it's hard, but objectively - if I was him - I'd be giving it til January if a deal to one of the big boys can't happen this window. Worse comes to worse & the higher interest isn't there anymore he can have another look at our position then.
We aren't most people's tips for relegation but I wish we were. Most fans and pundits think we will eventually be fine and literally nobody had us to go down pre season. That didn't sit well

Well I doubt we're competing for his signature anyway.

Everyone thought we would get relegated last season (I certainly didn't, but all the "experts" and neutrals did).

We aren't most people's tips for relegation but I wish we were. Most fans and pundits think we will eventually be fine and literally nobody had us to go down pre season. That didn't sit well

You never know. These results (apart from stupid referee decisions) may have been because we weren't the underdogs by most predictions. However, now that we are and some neutrals are speaking of our relegation, that may be the boost we need which sees us picking up results. 🤞🏻

We really aren't most people's tips for relegation. Can you find me a handful? And reactionary Blades and other supporters don't count.

Why do those supporters who are most pessimistic feel the need to persuade everyone else round to their dour POV?

Let's bring Oli McBurnie's silly mate in as well, that's not going to lead to trouble is it?!

We really aren't most people's tips for relegation. Can you find me a handful? And reactionary Blades and other supporters don't count.

Why do those supporters who are most pessimistic feel the need to persuade everyone else round to their dour POV?
So betfair has us as 4th favourites to go down, behind Fulham, West Brom amd Burnley. That is probably.the most accurate overall view as its odds are determined by individual punters views not the bookies and backed by money not just people who r spouting off'

So u r right we arent most peoples tips for relegation but it's getting close and hopefully the Fulham game won't tip us over the edge!!!

I'm not actually trying to persuade anybody of anything. My viewpoint was laughed at, so I was substantiating where I'm coming from with facts regarding our form.

The second part, that we are 'most people's tips for relegation' was anecdotal & relates to my own experiences.
I live in London & when I chat to fans of other clubs, most think we will go down. Second season syndrome, loss of Henderson, being found out, no strikers etc. all seem to be the usual rhetoric.
Maybe our experiences differ on this.
To make it less subjective, the bookies have us as 17th right now. However, I think in 3, or 4 games time (after our run against the big boys) that will likely drop further.

I'd be surprised if any prospective signing & agent weren't doing a similar risk assessment on us being relegated this season, rather than looking at our 9th placed finish last season and thinking all is hunkiedoory. But, I'm speculating.

Last edited:
You mention our run against the big boys?
That is precisely why we may not pick up many points not because we are playing badly against the average or worse teams. Indeed if you look at the previous four matches you can see that bad luck, bad finishing and bad referees decisions have more than played their part in the reasons for our bad points return. Given a fair chance we would quite possibly have accumulated at least three more points and whilst not wonderful I am sure that some may not have been forced to contribute the doom and gloom posts in keeping with the one above.

Reactions: CW7
Rodon is right footed but has often played as a LCB for Swansea & Wales. He could very comfortably play as the LCB to cover for JOC for the rest of this season and move over to the right side next season as the long term Bash replacement. He’s also extremely dominant in the air which is an area we really need to address.

We would probably have to dip in to the January transfer budget to finance it but now may be the best chance we have of nipping in and getting it done if the opportunity has arose (like we did with Berge) especially if it’s true that Spurs offer was only £7m....

Reactions: CW7
EAlFmHnWwAAFBIM.jpg

Rodon is right footed but has often played as a LCB for Swansea & Wales. He could very comfortably play as the LCB to cover for JOC for the rest of this season

Sorry, but Wales play with 2 centre-backs. The leftness of the LCB role is therefore very different, and if part of the problem people feel there is with J-Robs is him not offering enough going forward on the overlap, then that will only be exacerbated playing a right-footer like Rodon in an unfamiliar role (and yes, it would be). Last few times out Rodon has been right of a two also...

This is all beside the point though, as we almost certainly won’t be able to afford him with what’s left in the transfer pot.

Back
Top Bottom