Danny Webber - Top Three Blades Goals

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

More interesting is the story behind each goal, the flu, how he couldn't get his game going v Cardiff etc. Good lad unfairly maligned for hitting the post rather than scoring against Wigan.

More interesting is the story behind each goal, the flu, how he couldn't get his game going v Cardiff etc. Good lad unfairly maligned for hitting the post rather than scoring against Wigan.

The bloke in front of me at Cardiff was complaining about Webber throughout - 'He hasn't beaten his man all game!'. Funny that Webber himself sees his performance in the same way.

'He hasn't beaten his man all game!'.
Some days it won't work.
Some days you'll come up against somebody who just has the better of you.
It shouldn't stop you trying it just takes an instance where you lose your man and you get in the right place for the rebound to go in off your shin. You'll be the man who played shite but got the goal, the only inexcusable thing is for somebody to give up.

Some days it won't work.
Some days you'll come up against somebody who just has the better of you.
It shouldn't stop you trying it just takes an instance where you lose your man and you get in the right place for the rebound to go in off your shin. You'll be the man who played shite but got the goal, the only inexcusable thing is for somebody to give up.

That sums up Chris Basham's performance at Leeds last season. Wilder was ready to haul him off at half time.

Stuck with him and we all know now how important that 'Basham's arriving' goal was.

Didnt know he had flu. I was feeling weak that day too, watched the match at Dronfield Hilltop club and was glad that the walk back home was all downhill rather than uphill as it was before the match. Went straight to bed as soon as I got home

For all the Monty haters out there - that turn and cross for the Newcastle goal...

It’s a misconception that he didn’t have that in his locker. Wasn’t one of his earliest moments to thread a ball through to Brown to score at Hillsborough in the cup defeat? Both this and the Nade goal did show that at times he could pick a pass. We only saw this rarely though, and often it wasn’t part of his role, instead being to tackle and give it quickly to someone with more creativity.

Though it must be said, Robson’s vision to transform him into a more attacking midfielder was somewhat misguided...

Unfairly maligned! Fuck me, the cunt sentenced us to years of shit football with that diabolical miss. Still haunts me today, the very mention of his name (despite all the neysayers, "ah, bur he scored the winnner at blah,blah ) boils my blood.

Unfairly maligned! Fuck me, the cunt sentenced us to years of shit football with that diabolical miss. Still haunts me today, the very mention of his name (despite all the neysayers, "ah, bur he scored the winnner at blah,blah ) boils my blood.

Diabolical miss ? I don't think so .

To begin with , scoring when one on one with the goalie when moving at speed is nowhere near as easy as it looks as far more illustrious strikers than Danny Webber have discovered over the years , including the likes of Mo Salah and Sergio Aguero in this year alone .

Had Webber's attempt gone a yard wide I could agree with your description but it didn't - it hit the inside of the post meaning that if it had only been as little as two inches to the right it would have gone in .

No , the real villains of the piece that day were Warnock for playing Jags at right back rather than centre back and Jags himself for the ridiculous penalty he gave away .

In passing , I see no reason why a former Blades player who put in many impressive performances for us and who always seemed to give of his best within his capability should be described as a cunt .

Would have swapped them all to see that f**ker against Wigan go inside the post. Always liked Webber mind

Back
Top Bottom