Match Thread Chesterfield v Sheffield United - Pre-Season Friendly - 23/07/19

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Line up then? I hope...

Moore
Basham Jagielka O'Connell
Baldock Lundstram Ravel Stevens
Freeman Robinson
Mousset

It is going to be a warm evening tomorrow.

Due to the humidity according to BBC weather it will feel like 34☼

HH😎

It is going to be a warm evening tomorrow.

Due to the humidity according to BBC weather it will feel like 34☼

HH😎

Make sure Kevin Cookson tells Mousset the weather's not always like this.

Better tell him twice.

Drink in the highfield pub up the road and walk down. Ten minute walk, decent beer garden on the front and the back. Won’t be too busy either because it’s not really a match day pub any more. It’s also about £1.80 for a pint of doom bar too.

Donkey Derby tends to be for Home fans only. Not sure if they'll relax restrictions for a friendly. Derby Tup halfway up Sheffield Road is away fans pub. At the top of Sheffield Road is the Red Lion which does have a small beer garden.
We went in Donkey Derby for the last friendly. Fans of both teams in.

It was shut last night.

“March of the Chesterfield Virgins” apparently!

Every year all the virgins from Chesterfield march up the Dronfield by pass to Meadowhead and pledge their celibacy for the coming year.

It took the pair of them ages.
Mmmm🙄I have just noticed a matrix sign as you join it at the bowshaw saying closed 7pm onwards. Probably best off going through new whittington to roundabout if you are going.

Because he's a better player than Norwood and we need to build the midfield around him.
source.gif

It's gonna be 30c. So the most important question: any good (child friendly) pubs with beer gardens near the ground?

The donkey Derby is child friendly. If you're ok parking and drinking a little further away the Ark tavern in Brimington is good as is the butcher's arms.

My mate who's a Chesterfield fan has just offered me a free ticket in their end. Last time I did that was when we beat them 4-1 but they went 1 nil up in first few minutes. I had the last laugh by 90 minutes though! Anyway if you see me try not to kick my head in. I'll be wearing a matching Lonsdale tracksuit to blend in with the rest of the regulars in Chesterfields Kop.

Any team news for tonight yet?
Think Ravel will be used tonight!

Chesterfield site shows away as sold out

Can you pay on the door?
It just says it is all ticket on OS. Does that mean don't go without one?
Sales stopped at 11am at BL. I just checked and you can no longer buy online.

The donkey Derby is child friendly. If you're ok parking and drinking a little further away the Ark tavern in Brimington is good as is the butcher's arms.

Last time I went (admittedly 2011) they had doormen on at The Donkey Derby and it was a job and half to get in.
I was with the then g/f and her two kids who were supporting and wearing Chesterfield shirts. In the end they let us in after showing them our match tickets which weren't for the United end..... they still searched us all despite that.
Called in again post match after we'd won and walked straight in. Heard the doormen happily talking about how they thought no Utd fans had got past them....... "sure about that ?" I said smiling as we walked out later.

Not available online now

Must have just gone down. Try contacting the ticket office they tend to take them offline when they're down to the last hundred or so. There could be some still available.

Must have just gone down. Try contacting the ticket office they tend to take them offline when they're down to the last hundred or so. There could be some still available.

Just noticed tickets were on sale till 11 a.m this morning. Suggests there are still some left as there hasn't been a sell out notice issued. Ticket office will probably be able to tell you if Chezzy are putting any on sale tonight. Chezzy home ticket sales are on sale till 1 hour before kick off.

Away ticket office tonight for those who haven't got a ticket - cash only. Limited number available from 6pm. 3,500 already sold to Blades.

Back
Top Bottom