Ball Sup Blog... v Chesterfield (a)

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Ball_Sup (Phil)

Reaction score
🛍️ Carrier Bag Firm
⚔️ Sheffield United 2️⃣
🆚 Chesterfield 0️⃣
⚽ SUFC 2023/24 Game 1️⃣
📢 Beer In The Ground KLAXON
📐 He's as big as Berge
🍺 The Pub has "supply issues"
🎸🎷🎹🎺🥁 The Band gets back together
📋 My Football & Beer Blog
📖 Read here 👇

🛍️ Carrier Bag Firm
⚔️ Sheffield United 2️⃣
🆚 Chesterfield 0️⃣
⚽ SUFC 2023/24 Game 1️⃣
📢 Beer In The Ground KLAXON
📐 He's as big as Berge
🍺 The Pub has "supply issues"
🎸🎷🎹🎺🥁 The Band gets back together
📋 My Football & Beer Blog
📖 Read here 👇

Good stuff. I like SALT brewery beers, nice to see them in a footy ground.

Have you tried the new place in town?, The Old Shoe, in Orchard Square. Gave a it a try, Saturday tea time, every chair taken, and a great Cloudwater beer on handpull, called "Fuzzy". Only two cask though, and then a load of taps.

Have you tried the new place in town?, The Old Shoe, in Orchard Square. Gave a it a try, Saturday tea time, every chair taken, and a great Cloudwater beer on handpull, called "Fuzzy". Only two cask though, and then a load of taps.
I haven't tried it. Thanks for the recommend. I understand one of "the guys" is him from The Bear on Abbeydale Road, not far from The Lane.

Just read that Harvey’s have renewed their contract with Brighton for 5 years. Enjoyed that wall of Harvey’s beers last time. But makes me think why United can’t pull their finger out with something decent. I get cask will be hard to keep but if non league can do Salt why can’t we??

I haven't tried it. Thanks for the recommend. I understand one of "the guys" is him from The Bear on Abbeydale Road, not far from The Lane.
I think another chap was behind the Cider Hole in Krynkl at Shalesmoor*. We were in there after the Pulp show on Saturday and while it was quite a bit quieter than your experience at teatime Grapps it still had a nice vibe. Definitely an oasis of calm compared to All Bar One and Leopold Square. Good luck to them.

*EDIT: the company name is Apples & Bears Ltd. That would suggest that it's the two of them running it

Just read that Harvey’s have renewed their contract with Brighton for 5 years. Enjoyed that wall of Harvey’s beers last time. But makes me think why United can’t pull their finger out with something decent. I get cask will be hard to keep but if non league can do Salt why can’t we??

Wages

But in all seriousness this is what we get when you contract out the catering for whatever you can get

Neck Oil is better than 95% of the beers available in football grounds in my opinion. Chesterfield still had the fizzy piss lagers as well like we do.

Neck Oil is better than 95% of the beers available in football grounds in my opinion. Chesterfield still had the fizzy piss lagers as well like we do.
I agree with the basic premise. Neck Oil (which is available in some stands at The Lane) is a very welcome alternative to the usual suspects. Beavertown divide opinion amongst beer drinkers. But, in the commercial, multi national world we live in it's welcome in footie grounds

I agree with the basic premise. Neck Oil (which is available in some stands at The Lane) is a very welcome alternative to the usual suspects. Beavertown divide opinion amongst beer drinkers. But, in the commercial, multi national world we live in it's welcome in footie grounds
Like anything with commercial success it will be disliked by some, however it's far better than having Carling and a Cider on offer plus John Smiths as a token bitter choice (although my dad likes a John Smiths).

I enjoyed the Salt Loom at Chesterfield last week, quite a few away grounds I've been to recently seem to have realised that Carlsberg and Carling as an offering are unacceptable!

I didn't realise that Neck Oil was only sold in certain stands, makes no sense really. I suppose it's like non pastry based hot food only being available in certain stands.

Like anything with commercial success it will be disliked by some, however it's far better than having Carling and a Cider on offer plus John Smiths as a token bitter choice (although my dad likes a John Smiths).

I enjoyed the Salt Loom at Chesterfield last week, quite a few away grounds I've been to recently seem to have realised that Carlsberg and Carling as an offering are unacceptable!

I didn't realise that Neck Oil was only sold in certain stands, makes no sense really. I suppose it's like non pastry based hot food only being available in certain stands.
My season ticket is up in the Bramall Lane Upper Corner and Neck Oil is not available up there.

I'm sure the CBF have a pulley system in place where a pint could be bought in one stand and transported to another, if not it sounds like something you could work on!
Actually, we've come at the problem sideways...

We've swapped our season tickets to the South Stand for this coming season.

Back
Top Bottom