Besic

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

fatpat

Reaction score
Did I miss anything re his absence from the squad yesterday? If not injured it seems surprising given recent form

Did I miss anything re his absence from the squad yesterday? If not injured it seems surprising given recent form

Besic is excellent defensely and tidy (more technical with the ball, he’s probably more consistent and reliable than Lunny.

Lundstum is more hi -energy, more box to box and better allround game....better going forward than Besic.
Still think Lunny has the potential to be a top player but in recent weeks his form has dipped and he’s looked tired and not as good as Besic.

Against Palace Lunny played like a man in danger of losing his position and losing his future at the club.
Basically he was great when he came on....and looked back to his best....Lunny was probably better than Berge.

Berge had a tidy debut, not great but not bad...the promising thing is he always looked calm on the ball and was always looking to pass to feet.
The bad was he wasn’t up to speed and was caught in possesion/ closed down quickly. In the post match interview he commented that he found the speed and intensity of the game tough...of course he‘ll improve on this game by game. He looked promising.

Sander/Lunny/Besic. Someone has to give way.

Yep. I was 100% up for trying to get Besic on a permanent during the JTW. That was before Sander. Unfortunately, in this situation, the loaned player is the logical one to step aside when working within a limited number of squad spots. Real shame as it seems Mo is a cracking lad and a very tidy player.

Sander/Lunny/Besic. Someone has to give way.

Think it depends on position and what role they are playing.

Lunny (when he’s on his game) is excellent at box to box
however much of his assets relates to his engine and workrate.....doubt he can keep up such high intensity every match.
The other aspect with Lunny is that he’s not as technical or as consistent as Besic or probably Sander, but Lunny has potential to be a big asset at the club.

Besic is a better defensive midfielder, excellent when we are out of possession, excellent at protecting the back 4, so if we are defending a lead then Besic is great to bring on as a sub against strong opposition. Sander is probably nearer to a Besic type with some Lunny box to box qualities too, combination of the two.

However the long term answer is very simple. If we’ve played 23 million for Sander
then Wilder has already decided he see’s him as our future, so he’s going to be integrated into the team as quickly as possible.

No red cards in 46 prem appearances ! Myths. Lunny was great yesterday but personally Besic was a little harashly treated in my opinion. Not his fault he is on loan and been a model pro since he’s been here. Personally I think he deserved at least a place on the bench but splitting hairs really I guess. I think the red card waiting to happen is a little harsh on him as the stats say very different. If the money was right I would find a place in the summer. He has experience.

Besic is excellent defensely and tidy (more technical with the ball, he’s probably more consistent and reliable than Lunny.

Lundstum is more hi -energy, more box to box and better allround game....better going forward than Besic.
Still think Lunny has the potential to be a top player but in recent weeks his form has dipped and he’s looked tired and not as good as Besic.

Against Palace Lunny played like a man in danger of losing his position and losing his future at the club.
Basically he was great when he came on....and looked back to his best....Lunny was probably better than Berge.

Berge had a tidy debut, not great but not bad...the promising thing is he always looked calm on the ball and was always looking to pass to feet.
The bad was he wasn’t up to speed and was caught in possesion/ closed down quickly. In the post match interview he commented that he found the speed and intensity of the game tough...of course he‘ll improve on this game by game. He looked promising.
100% my thoughts as it goes.

Besic probably epitomises where our aspirations were at the start of the season. Before the club had such a great start to the season, he was the obvious fit for the role that Lundstram made his own. Besic was there to fill in for injury or loss of form with Lundstram.
With the arrival of Sander Berge, the options have changed. Norwood is now the player who has the incentive to improve his all round game, and Wilder has the luxury of one class player who will eventually replace Norwood in DM.
Meanwhile, Besic can go back to Everton, and Berge can play in the Lundstram role, while he learns from playing alongside Norwood.
Hopefully all midfield players will benefit from playing and training with Berge.
Losing Besic, as a model pro with a great attitude is a real pity, but the club does seem to have moved on much quicker than the fans and management expected.
Exciting times for a newly progressive club.

In my opinion based on the Palace performance Besic is some way ahead of Berge in terms of being up to speed. Besic has started to contribute a bit going forward now (e.g. nice build up in the goal v Arsenal). Berge looked like a big unit and not that nimble on Saturday. Feel he could do with a few weeks training with us. To really get up to speed you have to play games - so somebody is going to be disappointed and as we don't own Besic I think it is perhaps unfairly going to be him.

Isn't this what we all hoped for....a squad of decent-to-good-to-great players?

Someone's going to be dropped, it will upset some and please others. The players are paid to perform, so if ever they needed an incentive, it should be the thought that if their standards drop then don't be surprised if Wilder selects someone willing to give their all. It's harsh but it's also what we're now about.

I like Besic but I think he’ll be going back in the summer and won’t come back. I think he’ll cost too much in wages and fees for us to buy him and to be back up.

I don't think we'll see much of Besic now we've signed Berge and are already looking to next season. Why play another teams player when you don't need to?

No red cards in 46 prem appearances ! Myths. Lunny was great yesterday but personally Besic was a little harashly treated in my opinion. Not his fault he is on loan and been a model pro since he’s been here. Personally I think he deserved at least a place on the bench but splitting hairs really I guess. I think the red card waiting to happen is a little harsh on him as the stats say very different. If the money was right I would find a place in the summer. He has experience.

When I see he is playing.
My first bet is Besic Yellow card.
Winner every time.
It used to be Moose scoring but he doesn't seem to shoot anymore.

Back
Top Bottom