Accept the inevitable and stick with Hecky

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Time for both of them, PA and PH, to go. Sadly only one of those is in the clubs control.

I've no doubt someone else could get a better tune from this lot. There's no way Luton should be putting up a better fight than we are. There's actually nothing stopping us putting up a fight yet we seem determined not to do so. Lovely bloke is Hecky but his time is up. A shame as he's a very steady hand on the tiller in rough waters (most of our own making) but the management of first team performances just leaves too many questions rather than answers.

I'm all but checked out of this season emotionally and I've never felt like that to such a level. The level of performance is derisory.

You might well be getting your Wilder wish Steel.
Spoke to a football coach who knows our coaching staff and am informed that Wilder and Prince fallout was overegged somewhat.No surprises perhaps.
Discussions of a 6 mth contract beginning before or by Christmas with the caviat of him keeping us up, where further negotiations become an option.
Just passing on what I'm told.
The only consolation for me is the temporary nature of the position.Beyond that,let's see.
McKenna's name was in the conversation too.
Watching Ipswich last night, he'd be my pick.
Never a dull moment being a Blade.👍🙏
No way back for Wilder unless of course he pays us back £23 million for signing Brewster..

You might well be getting your Wilder wish Steel.
Spoke to a football coach who knows our coaching staff and am informed that Wilder and Prince fallout was overegged somewhat.No surprises perhaps.
Discussions of a 6 mth contract beginning before or by Christmas with the caviat of him keeping us up, where further negotiations become an option.
Just passing on what I'm told.
The only consolation for me is the temporary nature of the position.Beyond that,let's see.
McKenna's name was in the conversation too.
Watching Ipswich last night, he'd be my pick.
Never a dull moment being a Blade.👍🙏

The temporary replacement scenario is probably the mos sensible.

Let's say we appoint an up and coming manager now, lets says the Plymouth manager.
Initially everyone will be behind him and he'll have plenty of good will.
However if he's involved in plenty of defeats this season and we're only slightly better than the Hecky performances.
Then we start next season on a downer, some of our fans will be saying the young manager is hopeless and we've no chance.

Where as if we appointed Wilder (or anyone for 6 months), it instantly gives the club a lift and I'm very confidence performances would improve
but it's likely we'll still be relegated, it's during the Summer24 we can think about appointing (for example), the Plymouth manager
and we start the season on a high, a fresh start, full of hope.

Normally you've no chance of appointing a stop gap temporary manager
We did it with Blackwell because he was desperate and we were a massive opportunity for him, it worked, he earns a contract extension.
It's very similar with Wilder, he's also relatively desperate, bet he though he'd never manager in the PL again. It's his chance to right and wrong and become a hero again, expect there to be a massive over million pound bonus, if he keeps us up. Wilder will be massively motivated, more than any other United manager, he'll be hoping to impress so he (like Blackwell) earns a contract extension.

The issue with McKenna is, it looks likely he'll be managing in the PL anyway, with a decent sized club in Ipswich.
So we'd need to offer a massive salary and long contrast to even begin to tempt him, where as Wilder would be much cheaper.

No way back for Wilder unless of course he pays us back £23 million for signing Brewster..

Good job the fans aren't running the club.

99% of Blades on here were complaining when there was a lengthy delay because we were trying to negotiate down the £25 million asking fee. Remember loads saying "just pay the £25 mill and pay the player what ever salary he wants"

Even remember quite a few comments saying "Brewster is the new Michael Owen"
and "he'll be playing along side Kane for England in a few years....so £25 million will become a bargain"

Morale of the story.....don't listen to the fans demanding that the club show ambition.

I'm all but checked out of this season emotionally and I've never felt like that to such a level. The level of performance is derisory.

Agree...in a weird way it's been a positive because for the 1st time in years I have no pre-match nerves or in game nerves.

The cast has been set every game.....we start in damage limitation mode and hope to win 1-0. It's almost funny, my wish list isn't about winning, it isn't about having a shot, I'm just hoping we cross the half way line and spend a little time in the opponents half.

Our matches are like "attack versus defence" training exercises and that is embarrassing.
It was never like that with the Bassett, Warnock and Wilder relegation teams.

Sometimes think the people who are defending Hecky can't be going to matches. Our results suggest that we're reasonably competitive, however the results paper over the cracks, our approach, style of play, effort and general performances have been shocking. Even when you accept all the valid excuses, like selling best player, poor pre-season prep, injuries etc, he's still underperforming, we don't even function or look like a team.

Time for both of them, PA and PH, to go. Sadly only one of those is in the clubs control.

I've no doubt someone else could get a better tune from this lot. There's no way Luton should be putting up a better fight than we are. There's actually nothing stopping us putting up a fight yet we seem determined not to do so. Lovely bloke is Hecky but his time is up. A shame as he's a very steady hand on the tiller in rough waters (most of our own making) but the management of first team performances just leaves too many questions rather than answers.

Im happy to go down as long as go down fighting.

Luton will be the same. They don’t care if they go down but they want to see maximum effort tackles and not being walked over.

If a manager can survive such an insipid team display like the one against Bournemouth…He just ain’t getting the sack.

So true. If he is THAT bad, then why no mass protests at the South Stand car park right after the Bournemouth game? I mean we got rid of Robson that way against Scunthorpe after a poor poor match in the Championship ffs.

So true. If he is THAT bad, then why no mass protests at the South Stand car park right after the Bournemouth game? I mean we got rid of Robson that way against Scunthorpe after a poor poor match in the Championship ffs.

To be fair, there was no one left in the vicinity of Bramall Lane to protest by that point.

Although many want Hecky out now. I don’t think Blades fans will publicly call for his head…

There were no car park protests for Weir or Adkins. They were met with the worst reaction of all, complete and utter apathy and we are almost in that territory with Hecky.

One thing I’ve always found about United is that if the crowd are getting on your back in game, theyre still interested and you’ve got a chance of turning it round and getting them back on side. Once the fans lose interest then there’s not much coming back from that.

Imo, it’s worse for Hecky that the fans dont appear to actually give a shit anymore.

There were no car park protests for Weir or Adkins. They were met with the worst reaction of all, complete and utter apathy and we are almost in that territory with Hecky.

One thing I’ve always found about United is that if the crowd are getting on your back in game, theyre still interested and you’ve got a chance of turning it round and getting them back on side. Once the fans lose interest then there’s not much coming back from that.

Imo, it’s worse for Hecky that the fans dont appear to actually give a shit anymore.
Yes, in this instance apathy and indifference is probably better than anger. We’ve probably got a bit more respect for Hecky and the situation he’s been put in, to get angry with him…Whereas Weir and Adkins were never likeable figures.
Empty seats are probably a more passive way to show your displeasure…Not really great fan of booing the team.

Robson was well backed financially back then, the failure and man utd obsession is what cost him..

Always said, if he'd have took the director of football role that mcabe offered him we'd have never looked back..

He could sign Ronaldo but would've played him in the net, no fucking idea..

I agree with the general consensus is that he should go. The performances since Newcastle have been utterly abysmal- outside of brief spurts- and approaching every game with no plan and a bucket full of excuses is beyond infuriating. I appreciate all he's done in getting us promoted in his first full season, and he has his hands tied behind his back to some extent, but the performances on the pitch have been so insipid it's genuinely embarrassing.

I can't see us getting anything away at Burnley tomorrow either- even though that is a game we should be eyeing as a real 6 pointer. I am almost certain it'll be the same slow and pathetic approach, with Osborn coming on in the second half to run around a bit.

That said, I think it is inevitable that he's not going anywhere. The prince has completely checked out of having any interest in running this football club, so I can't see him making any decisions that require him having to put his hands in his pockets.

I agree with the general consensus is that he should go. The performances since Newcastle have been utterly abysmal- outside of brief spurts- and approaching every game with no plan and a bucket full of excuses is beyond infuriating. I appreciate all he's done in getting us promoted in his first full season, and he has his hands tied behind his back to some extent, but the performances on the pitch have been so insipid it's genuinely embarrassing.

I can't see us getting anything away at Burnley tomorrow either- even though that is a game we should be eyeing as a real 6 pointer. I am almost certain it'll be the same slow and pathetic approach, with Osborn coming on in the second half to run around a bit.

That said, I think it is inevitable that he's not going anywhere. The prince has completely checked out of having any interest in running this football club, so I can't see him making any decisions that require him having to put his hands in his pockets.
If that's the case with the prince then, let's hope it doesn't turn toxic, blades fans can only stand so much shite before they turn and it could be very embarrassing for our couldn't care less owner & board.

I’m pretty sure the owner “could are less,” given what’s on the line for him financially and reputationally. Whether he and his employees have the necessary resources and acumen is surely a more relevant question?

The fact that the players have had a secret meeting to motivate each other seems to be the killer for me.

It sounds very much like there’s either no trust or they’re not very inspired by the bloke in charge.

Lead from the front and all that.

You could tell when Wilders teams had a rocket at half time. Under Hecky it’s like they’re having tea and strawberries in the changing rooms.

Because success is improving stats apparently. We ran a lot, well done. You scraped a draw passed ten men, take it easy on the international break.

I keep reading about it being “The Boards” fault. There are no football people on the board. None. They are in fact a daughter, lawyer, accountant and a company secretary. Advisors watching the Princes back legally. There may be others at United World advising on football matters but the issue of blame is firmly at the owners door. (That doesn’t excuse the way Hecky is managing the team he’s been given appallingly) . Maybe someone knows how involved Bettis is with football matters, or Schreiber, Mitchell etc ?

Surely it's the boards fault that there are no football people on the board? That fact in itself is complete negligence on the boards part and certainly not a get out of jail card.

Surely it's the boards fault that there are no football people on the board? That fact in itself is complete negligence on the boards part and certainly not a get out of jail card.
Let’s start with, who suggested it’s a get out of jail card?

When this season is looked back on,the Bournemouth game will be seen as the turning point and the realisation that we will not get the performances and results needed in head to heads against Burnley and Luton and therefore following any of the other lower ranked teams to get out of the relegation zone.
What should have been a game where against a team that can be compared to Everton,we showed none of the qualities required to get us a result that we got against Everton,or maintained the promise of the 2 previous games that got us points,so it shows we neither have the players or management to maintain standards and build on them which are the standard requirements of any team in any division

Back
Top Bottom