Baldock Update

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

On recent performances I would keep Baldock as first choice and sell Freeman in the summer and use the money to bring a young RWB in that we can develop. Thought we had a decent potential youngster in the reserves but things seem to have gone quiet, perhaps a regular watcher could update.
Crainey should start tomorrow with Freeman on the bench.
Having said all that it’s the here and now that we should concentrate on, we have outplayed every team in this division, have nothing to fear other than our own mistakes.
Very confident, keep the faith and let’s give OUR team positive support.
COYRWW

He is. It’s one of many S2 fans’ fallacies that Couttsy isn’t mobile. You’ll also hear he lacks pace. He’s far quicker over the vital ten yards than, for example, Fleck.

You’re choosing to go down this route again? That you know better than everybody else? Coutts isn’t particularly mobile and does lack pace. Fleck has far superior acceleration. Knowledgeable fans know this. Even me, who sadly didn’t play right wing in a lowly local league like yourself and so lacks the insight that obviously brings. I played at a higher level and I’m a qualified coach, so obviously must bow to your greater knowledge of the game. This country no longer tolerates experts, as Michael Gove has told us, so you’re right. The big mouths rule these days, don’t you.

What takes Coutts away from opponents is a combination of anticipation, first touch and intelligence. I do get that you don’t see that, only in S2.

You’re choosing to go down this route again? That you know better than everybody else? Coutts isn’t particularly mobile and does lack pace. Fleck has far superior acceleration. Knowledgeable fans know this. Even me, who sadly didn’t play right wing in a lowly local league like yourself and so lacks the insight that obviously brings. I played at a higher level and I’m a qualified coach, so obviously must bow to your greater knowledge of the game. This country no longer tolerates experts, as Michael Gove has told us, so you’re right. The big mouths rule these days, don’t you.

What takes Coutts away from opponents is a combination of anticipation, first touch and intelligence. I do get that you don’t see that, only in S2.

Fleck is one-paced. He has the same acceleration as Montgomery. None.

I fear you may have taken your eye off the ball during your renowned playing career at the highest level, given your unfortunate but obvious eyesight problems.

Isn’t Chris Morgan a qualified coach as well?

Ok, may be he doesn't keep the intensity up for the full 90 but "extremely laboured very quickly" is also very wide of the mark.

Really? I watched his recent appearances. The description is entirely accurate. I said very much the same thing at the time.

I never mentioned Fleck. I'm talking about Coutts.

He isn't and hasn't ever been as mobile as Freeman. Freeman plays the full length of the pitch and is able to get up and down for a full 90 minutes. Coutts has never done that, in fact he very rarely makes it into the opposition box, even when the situation is called for. He plays within the middle 3rd of the pitch, he does it well, but you don't have to be as mobile to do that.

In regards to the comparison between Coutts and Fleck, there's only one of them who I ever see running forward with the ball and bursting into space, and unfortunately it isn't Coutts.

The Freeman most recently on display couldn’t get up and down a corner flag.

Fleck is one-paced. He has the same acceleration as Montgomery. None.

I fear you may have taken your eye off the ball during your renowned playing career at the highest level, given your unfortunate but obvious eyesight problems.

Isn’t Chris Morgan a qualified coach as well?

I take it you didn’t see our goal when we played Derby County away?

And yet he still looks more mobile than the Coutts we’ve seen recently.

As you’re clearly Mustafa Lastseh I’ll give you your heart’s desire. One more platform for you to agree with yourself, then we’ll leave it.

The problem is we have no idea what state Freeman's in. Not for the first time .

We are a state of the art health check status club . We don't play players who don't pass fitness checks to a fine degree .
If Freeman gets a place he will be fit. Knills job depends on It .The days of go on son give it a go are well past

I take it you didn’t see our goal when we played Derby County away?

I missed it. I was distracted by Freeman playing as a twelfth man for them whilst ostensibly wearing our shirt. I take it you missed just how awful was his ‘performance’ that day? For confirmation ask his immediate opponent who also didn’t see him at any time in the game.

As you’re clearly Mustafa Lastseh I’ll give you your heart’s desire. One more platform for you to agree with yourself, then we’ll leave it.

Says the person who replied to a comment of mine that wasn’t even directed at them...

I missed it. I was distracted by Freeman playing as a twelfth man for them whilst ostensibly wearing our shirt. I take it you missed just how awful was his ‘performance’ that day? For confirmation ask his immediate opponent who also didn’t see him at any time in the game.

I’ll take that as a yes, you did see it, you understand what I’m getting at and you aren’t able to provide an argument against it so you’ll try and change the point completely.

We are a state of the art health check status club . We don't play players who don't pass fitness checks to a fine degree .
If Freeman gets a place he will be fit. Knills job depends on If he days of go on son give it a go are well past

I do hope not. I wouldn’t want my livelihood depending on Kieran Freeman’s performance.

I do hope not. I wouldn’t want my livelihood depending on Kieran Freeman’s performance.
Said fitness not quality of performance. No one can guarentee how any player will perform but to say he will be poor prior to a game is pure conjecture. Might storm back to his best form . Just as likely wouldn't you say

I’ll take that as a yes, you did see it, you understand what I’m getting at and you aren’t able to provide an argument against it so you’ll try and change the point completely.

No. I’ll exit stage right and leave you to play with your bone. I’m off to the match soon. I’ll see what I see, not what I decide in advance to see, as I have for well over half a century. I won’t allow myself to be distracted by noise and nonsense and I won’t pretend Fleck has a change of pace simply because he’s my favourite.

No. I’ll exit stage right and leave you to play with your bone. I’m off to the match soon. I’ll see what I see, not what I decide in advance to see, as I have for well over half a century. I won’t allow myself to be distracted by noise and nonsense and I won’t pretend Fleck has a change of pace simply because he’s my favourite.

I’ve shown you the evidence, if you want to ignore it because you aren’t brave enough to admit you’re wrong then you go ahead. For what it’s worth, Fleck isn’t ‘my favourite’, I was always more of a fan of Coutts personally.

Said fitness not quality of performance. No one can guarentee how any player will perform but to say he will be poor prior to a game is pure conjecture. Might storm back to his best form . Just as likely wouldn't you say

I’m afraid not. He was truly awful for a succession of games prior to being, rightly and inevitably, left out. It looked like a settled state of affairs. I’ll be much happier to see Crainie in the line-up than Freeman. I see no need to involve him at all. We did rather well in the second half against Boro. That should be the starting point.

Dear Mods,

PLEASE can you get a book signing session planned in with Punchy in the near future? His new one is such a great read - true it's a little eye-watering at times particularly when, in chapters 3, 4, 5 & 6, he graphically described the lengths 'one has to go through' to mercilessly destroy the lower ranks of life (* referred to as either ale-house zombies, zombies, or just referenced as a poo emoji), but in reality this new release promises to annoint us all in with the info we need to either be appropriately informed on everything, or, to never speak again having been put in your place.

I believe the book comes with a full colour poster of the 5th at Leicester with a superimposed picture of Punchmeister with his shoes off burning a picture of Bassett.

Buy it you idiots.

As much as I love Couttsy, he hasn't shown his ability to accelerate away from his opponent recently.

Don't let that stop you having a pop at Fleck though mate. :rolleyes:

He hasn’t played , how can you accelerate away from people while your sat on the bench ?

BIGGEST LOAD OF BOLLOCKS EVER ALERT.

You'll see Fleck have a poor game, regardless if he played well or not.

He is. It’s one of many S2 fans’ fallacies that Couttsy isn’t mobile. You’ll also hear he lacks pace. He’s far quicker over the vital ten yards than, for example, Fleck.
That’s bollocks and you know it pinchers.

Come on, get it out there, what is your problem with Fleck?

If you was of a male loving person which you well could be for all I know then you’d happily let Coutts shaft you up the shitpipe but Fleck would get it up his arris from your one and only sausage roll, why is there that much difference regards the two, all the time, when you post on here?

Because he’s a negative nelly.

Oh, another one. Here you go then:

Baldock's quite injury prone.
The injury was bad enough for him to be subbed just before half time.
Seemingly minor knocks have led to longer absences with him before.
I seem to recall a calf injury keeping him out a while previously.
Saying he'll miss the next game doesn't mean he'll only miss the next game.
He's having a scan.

Wait and see. Hope I'm wrong.

He's having a scan.

The concern is certainly valid based on his injury record with us so far, as he did seem last season (and the start of this) to be a player that picks up niggling injuries. That being said, Wilder seemed optimistic in his interview that he wouldn’t be out long, and in the two seasons before joining us he played near-complete seasons in both.

If he’s having a scan then previous evidence suggests that it means he’ll be out for longer than two games as they aren’t sure what’s up with the person having it.

He's having a scan.

Me too

If he’s having a scan then previous evidence suggests that it means he’ll be out for longer than two games as they aren’t sure what’s up with the person having it.

You're a shit Blade for pointing this out, but yep, they generally don't have a scan for a knock or something minor.

I didn't expect Baldock to go the rest of the season without injury. I wish we could've strengthened that position in January (we might've wanted Holgate) but there's only so much you can do with our budget and the loan limits.

We've had great luck with injuries this season, but this one has the potential to be the first of significance. Cranie might be an adequate stopgap, but I hope our season isn't hinging on Freeman being in the very specific zone where he can function....

Last edited:
You're a shit Blade for pointing this out, but yep, they generally don't have a scan for a knock or something minor.

I didn't expect Baldock to go the rest of the season without injury. I wish we could've strengthened that position in January (we might've wanted Holgate) but there's only so much you can do with our budget and the loan limits.

We've had great luck with injuries this season, but this one has the potential to be the first of significance. Cranie might be an adequate stopgap, but I hope our season isn't hinging on Freeman being in the very specific zone where he can function....
Cranie might surprise us, all we can do is see what happens.

A scan is usually to check if something is more serious than it is – it’s not a guarantee that it is more serious, and you don’t need to be talking about football to be aware of that. For all we know if it comes back as fine that might be a green light for him to be back in training next week.

Back
Top Bottom