Baldock

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

originaltrueblade

Reaction score
Baldock was the complete deal he gets better Grealish was manouvered into areas where he could do no or little damage fast becoming a class act. . If Grealish went one way Baldock mirrored him to perfection Grealish went another way Baldock was meticulous amazing to watch not once did he dive into Grealish allowing the inevitable fall over by the England man. No he forced Grealish into areas with no way out forcing the pass back away from danger
Baldock was immense yesterday and he’s been getting better all season absolutely brilliant Sir

Baldock was the complete deal he gets better Grealish was manouvered into areas where he could do no or little damage fast becoming a class act. . If Grealish went one way Baldock mirrored him to perfection Grealish went another way Baldock was meticulous amazing to watch not once did he dive into Grealish allowing the inevitable fall over by the England man. No he forced Grealish into areas with no way out forcing the pass back away from danger
Baldock was immense yesterday and he’s been getting better all season absolutely brilliant Sir
MOM for me - Fuck Mahrez

UTB

Got to say, Baldock is my favourite Blades player, hes just brilliant, doesn't shirk a tackle, always stuck in, charges forward, gets back just a quick, great defensively, has a shot, gets the odd goal, and plays with his heart on his sleeve, a real Blade!

Got to say, Baldock is my favourite Blades player, hes just brilliant, doesn't shirk a tackle, always stuck in, charges forward, gets back just a quick, great defensively, has a shot, gets the odd goal, and plays with his heart on his sleeve, a real Blade!
When he was out injured we certainly missed him

One of wilders very best signings.

Blows my mind that people think he’s not cut out for the PL and we need new right backs. he may not be PL quality in an attacking sense but genuinely don’t think there are many better defensively than Baldock even at the top level. HE ALWAYS COMPETES

We are clearly going to need to be tight at the back of we go up. Contained grealish for 90 mins and showed he could do that for 2 seasons in the PL where he was amongst our most consistent performers.

Been saying this for 5 years. There's not many better 'right backs' in England than Baldock. The defensive side of his game has always been top notch and his engine is a notch above bashams.

Quick the grief has had because his output at the top end isn't great is beyond me.

Couldnt agree any more!

Sitting up in the heavens yesterday gave a good opportunity to see shape and position that I wouldn't normally be able to see from an almost birds-eye view.

Baldock was abaolutely immense in thaat first half particularly. Grealish is a real handful, but Georgeous had his number. He tracked him well, dealt with the tricky swapping around and movement fantastically and gave him a veey tough day.

Always thought Baldock to be capable, but on the back of his previous PL stint and his newer international stints.... he looks more and more a Premier League player.

Couldnt agree any more!

Sitting up in the heavens yesterday gave a good opportunity to see shape and position that I wouldn't normally be able to see from an almost birds-eye view.

Baldock was abaolutely immense in thaat first half particularly. Grealish is a real handful, but Georgeous had his number. He tracked him well, dealt with the tricky swapping around and movement fantastically and gave him a veey tough day.

Always thought Baldock to be capable, but on the back of his previous PL stint and his newer international stints.... he looks more and more a Premier League player.
Watch it back on the TV recording I can only say arise Sir George (St George’s day today too)

Couldnt agree any more!

Arguably the best full back since Since Sir Len Badger

He was fantastic. But let’s also give credit to Sander, they were very much a double act in keeping Grealish quiet.

Agree with the sentiment about Glorious George, but in the match you’ve also got to give credit to Berge who doubled up on Grealish most of the time. George covered him going outside, Sandra covered him going inside and so he has limited options other than recycle the ball. It put the emphasis on their number 21 who was far less dangerous with the ball. Sandra got out pretty quickly to him and left him playing balls into our box against a set defence to head it away time and again. Credit to Hecky and the coaching team as well as George who was so intensely focussed and diligent it was unreal

A leader on the pitch who sets the tempo and the intensity for the whole team. Not to be underestimated how he has helped set the standards and drive the second half of the season.

Never seen him have a bag game for us.

Both Berge and Baldock did a great job at nullifying Grealish' qualities. Every time he got into a threatening position those two were there blocking avenues straight away.

One of the very few players in the team who I'm very confident in being fine with next season - alongside Egan, Anel and Ndiaye.

He's been one of our most reliable, consistent performers for many years and as the OP says, his defensive game just gets better and better. End product still lacking, and at this stage of his career is unlikely to improve, but that doesn't really matter now, and certainly won't in the Premier League next season as he'll have a lot of defending to do.

Defensively he could cope with the Prem - as evidenced on Sat and in a 4-4-2 he'd be comfortable. However, with Utd playing 3-5-2 his attacking output, particularly his crossing, is not good enough.
Bogle is the exact opposite.
I'm not sure which you'd prioritise and what could be done to cover each other's weaknesses - you need to be defensively solid but also need routes to create and take chances.

Back
Top Bottom