Gone Elsewhere Conor Coady

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Just bumping this again after 'man in pub' says it's 'still a possibility' and after what Nigel said other day...I'd have him here on a permanent contract no matter how many midfielders we've got!

Thoughts?

http://m.thestar.co.uk/sport/sheff-utd/sheffield-united-clough-coy-on-coady-1-6755814

Me too, how could we turn away a player of his ability if the chance arises for him to sign? Plus McGinn probably be gone soon and i don't expect Doyle to feature as regular this season

I know you're waiting for Championship club Conor...but come on, you know it makes sense...

Thing about Brayford, lest we forget, if 'loyalty' comes into it, Brayford will have more ties with Derby than Sheff Utd. That added to the fact Derby will be AT LEAST Championship next season, that is surely his most likely destination? Added to the fact their first choice right back is currently a loanee... Brayford would be daft to move to L1 with his talent at his age.

Coady on the other hand, is a young ambitious kid who's only experience of first team football was with us in L1. In football terms, it wouldn't be daft for him to sign a contract with us containing a release clause if we didn't get promoted. That way he showcases his talent, plays guaranteed first team football and would be in the Championship the following season one way or t'other. Much more likely.
Derby don't want him. Wouldn't fit in with their style of play. They need defensive full backs and have said Brayford is too attacking. Don't forget he has more ties with Clough than Derby as Clough was the reason he got a chance at Burton and signed for Derby in the first place.

If Wallace shows no sign of a recovery, wouldn't surprise me if we go for Coady a few weeks into the season if he's still available.

I wouldn't believe a word that comes out of Leeds. Cellino makes Mandaric look honest. They sold the Thorp Arch training ground and lease it back for £600k per year. They're in freefall.

I'll be gutted if he goes to Leeds especially if he goes for £400k?! As I've said on previous threads surely we could test the water with a similar type of bid.

Not going to claim that I know the slightest bit about all the in's & out's of how a transfer deal between two professional clubs works but a bid of £400k plus add-ons rising to potentially £1M-£1.5M based on promotion & a sell-on percentage deal surely could tempt Liverpool?

We paid the same amount of £350-£400k for Scougall & both of them are at the same age/stage of development.

In the interests of Coady, he's made it quite obvious in his interviews he loved his time here, he knows the club, knows the players, how the management work for his own progression I don't see how he can view Leeds as a better option?

Yes granted they're currently a division higher but they're in freefall - players having to bring their own pack lunches, they've had to sell their training ground & lease it back, new management & directors who don't seem to know what's going on etc.

Whatever his next move is it's set to be the one that will shape his career, if he goes to Leeds I can see him joining a sinking unsettled ship which looks like one fiasco after another - does he really want to be joining that environment & potentially looking for a new club again this time next season?

Or (if we are prepared to place in a bid) he joins us where the fans love him, the management know him, he knows the club, he can progress & develop in an environment he already knows & has a massive opportunity to progress through the leagues with us ala Lallana did with Southampton.

His value is only going to go up & if we could get him in I'd be absolutely delighted.

I see him as an investment, he will go up in value. Although he needs a stable experienced midfielder next to him.

We should be able to afford £1m +ad ons

Although I would like a right back too....

I would be gutted if this was true. Well gutted is bit dramatic, however you get my drift.

Alan Biggs just retweeted the same story. Huddersfield more cash to spend than United - who'd have thought it?

Alan Biggs just retweeted the same story. Huddersfield more cash to spend than United - who'd have thought it?

Money or ambition doesn't come into it.

As a 21 year old with next to no affiliation with either club what would you choose - Championship or League 1?

I take the point, but if Sheffield United could match the wages on offer, i might think playing in front of bigger crowds and at a club with, longer term, far greater potential, might be attractive.

Logistically Huddersfield is better for him until they build a by pass around Mottram. Personally ,I thought Coady flattered to deceive ,his ability to notch a goal was important but I thought he had long quiet periods in games. Be very interesting to follow his career ,could go either way for me but I think he will struggle in the Championship.

Logistically Huddersfield is better for him until they build a by pass around Mottram. Personally ,I thought Coady flattered to deceive ,his ability to notch a goal was important but I thought he had long quiet periods in games. Be very interesting to follow his career ,could go either way for me but I think he will struggle in the Championship.

He got considerably better as the season went on. He had a great motor and we have nothing to compare if Wallace doesn't stay fit. We would have been better for another year at our level and come up with us.

we did put a bid in last month but Rodgers probably wanted to have a good look at him preseason. cant blame him for wanting to play in champ though regardless of how much he loved it here

Jim Phipps ‏@JamesDPhipps 8m
For those asking about a possible late bid to get Connor Coady, I hope it's enough to refer to the process already described before.

Assuming he means that they won't discuss potential signings before any deal is done.

Doesn't rule out a bid though!

FFS.
AT least we can put the Coady money into getting the #Beard back.

Jim Phipps ‏@JamesDPhipps 8m
For those asking about a possible late bid to get Connor Coady, I hope it's enough to refer to the process already described before.

Assuming he means that they won't discuss potential signings before any deal is done.

Doesn't rule out a bid though!

I think its more up to the gaffer rather than not commenting. If Nige wants him, cant see the board not sanctioning the bid.

Back
Top Bottom