Gone Elsewhere Conor Coady

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Seasons over for me
fans14.gif

Would rather him than Wallace.... But Wallace has been signed so there isn't much room in the central midfield department. Huddersfield are on the verge of selling Clayton for a million so does make sense and probably good business from them. Good luck to Coady, hope he does well.

...well, the lad obviously wants to play at as a high a level as possible, fair enough...just be thankful it isn't t'pigs with all their Antonio money ;D

:(

Fair play to Conor, obviously wants to test himself at a higher level & after watching Huddersfield recently against us I think he'll fit in well there, at least he's not gone to Leeds.

Can't help but feel we've missed out here, a quality young prospect who would have been a snip at £500k & could have been the focal part of something special here.

Guess it wasn't to be, we have to move on, no point dwelling on it.

James Wallace get yourself fit & keep yourself fit

To be honest, I'm not particularly fussed wither way with Coady. He was a decent member of what became a good team, nothing more.

He had this uncanny ability to look like he had absolutely no control over his arms and legs. The ball did often go where he seemed to intend for it to, and his driving runs from midfield were useful, but it was all a bit, well, messy. I believe that, in players like Scougall and Baxter, we have individuals better equipped in this area.

When Coady first arrived I wondered what on earth we had signed. His first touch was awful, he was blowing out of his arse after about fifty minutes and he looked just didn't get involved in games. In the end, he did improve drastically, but so did the team as a whole. As I say, he was decent, but I don't think he was vital to the team. We have plenty of players in this area so to add him to the list would be a little pointless.

It's the team displays we need to recreate. I believe we can do this without Coady.

:eek::eek:Having medical...fee £400k......surely we can match or better that???

to me this is the first worrying sign of the close season, 400k is surely within our price range and i really thought we could have tempted him here

so it suggests to me
a) clough didn't want him, which is fair enough but given Wallace's injury record I think we are going to be limited in central midfield, as a Doyle/Basham pairing will be as creative as a slug in a salt mine.

b) We don't have the resources. now the lad could be asking for silly wages/signing on fee, but given his status and the fee I would have felt we could have matched Huddersfield.

...well, the lad obviously wants to play at as a high a level as possible, fair enough...just be thankful it isn't t'pigs with all their Antonio money ;D

This is so important. Banging my head against a brick wall with some fans (in general, not jus blades) but the sooner all football fans realise this is what all footballers are after, there will be less disappointment in the long term.

Fans always think theirs is the best club to play for and why would they want to play anywhere else?

2 classic examples this window:

1. Maguire. Our best player (ok been debated, but for arguments sake) had 3 years with is then moved to PL. Who can blame him? Yet people call it a bad move etc
2. Brayford. 'Oh he loves the club' 'has such a unique rapport with the fans' etc. nonsense. He's at Cardiff because he wats to play at the highest level possible.

There is no sentiment in football. If there was, everyone would just be playing for the club they supported. Can never blame a player for moving to a club in a better position than ourselves. We all like to think the players love our club as much as we do, but ultimately the club is just the players' employers. It's what football has become sadly. Sooner people realise this, there will be much less bitterness when players move on!

This is so important. Banging my head against a brick wall with some fans (in general, not jus blades) but the sooner all football fans realise this is what all footballers are after, there will be less disappointment in the long term.

Fans always think theirs is the best club to play for and why would they want to play anywhere else?

2 classic examples this window:

1. Maguire. Our best player (ok been debated, but for arguments sake) had 3 years with is then moved to PL. Who can blame him? Yet people call it a bad move etc
2. Brayford. 'Oh he loves the club' 'has such a unique rapport with the fans' etc. nonsense. He's at Cardiff because he wats to play at the highest level possible.

There is no sentiment in football. If there was, everyone would just be playing for the club they supported. Can never blame a player for moving to a club in a better position than ourselves. We all like to think the players love our club as much as we do, but ultimately the club is just the players' employers. It's what football has become sadly. Sooner people realise this, there will be much less bitterness when players move on!
There's no bitterness here,ill try and move on
images-6.jpeg
:D:D:D

Confirmed.

Lets try to NOT have a Porktalk style meltdown eh?
Players come, players go. Such is life

You just cant compete with clubs who sell players and then spend the money on replacements

I just hope we can progress to that level one day

Fucking huddersfield.?

400k is a snip.

He will be worth 3 times that after a decent season in the Championship.

Could we have afforded the fee? Yes.

Why isn't he coming then? Either Clough is happy with who we have, we're at the FFP limit, Coady's demands were too high, or Coady wanted to test himself in the Championship having already done League 1. Most likely the last one I'd have thought. Certainly not something for people to get hysterical about - it's the area of the pitch we have the most options, not to mention the most promise from the Academy.

whats the point in moaning about it.same with HM, if they don't want to be at the lane then thats up to them,they have to want to play for us or whats the point in being a blade. we probably did bid for coady again, so did uddersfield and given the choice, he went for championship football. can you really blame him ? we all know that there is nowt attractive about playing in the pub league. the only thing blades can do to get better players is get promoted.we could do with another striker(still hear evans is coming back) but overall we have a manager who has assembled a squad capable of promotion. we finally have some stability at the lane on and off the pitch and provided we don't have a lot of injuries, none of them go drink driving or raping anybody then we have NO excuses for not doing it this season.UTB

Maybe L'pool were trying to get us to pay £1m thinking we were rich after the Prince came on board, now most of us knew Coady was not worth that much. He improved massively while with us and he is a smashing lad and all that but we should not pay over the odds for anyone, £400k is about right and we always knew if a championship club were willing to take a gamble on the young lad that is where he would end up.

Fucking huddersfield.?

400k is a snip.

He will be worth 3 times that after a decent season in the Championship.
Or he could have a crap season and be worth nowt.

It's a lottery with young players and he didn't exactly star for us last season.

Did someone say he finished 9th in the player ratings on here?

Or he could have a crap season and be worth nowt.

It's a lottery with young players and he didn't exactly star for us last season.

Did someone say he finished 9th in the player ratings on here?
I'm sorry but if people can't see that Coady had a very big impact on our second half of the season,then they need to take their Stevie Wonder glasses of.

Ignore the first half of the season, thats another episode.

I'm sorry but if people can't see that Coady had a very big impact on our second half of the season,then they need to take their Stevie Wonder glasses of.

Ignore the first half of the season, thats another episode.
And next season is a whole new series

My best guess would be that we enquired early in the summer and were either told to hold fire by Liverpool, or given a valuation we didn't agree with. As a result, Clough carried on signing other targets for that central midfield area.

Liverpool have had a look at him in this pre-season and obviously don't see enough potential in him and are therefore happy to let him go - by which point no one else had come in with a better offer than Huddersfield and we are no longer interested. We have Wallace, Basham, Doyle, McGinn, and Scougall who will all compete for those midfield spots, in addition to Dimiao and Reed.

At this juncture I can't see any logic in trying to sign Coady, I'd rather we looked for one more striker and/or an attacking full back.

He was good for us last season but not so good that our summer recruitment should have focused on him as a priority. Good luck to him.

I agree we need other people in different areas,what i don't agree with is people saying Coady isn't all that.

Back
Top Bottom