Hecky and Coaching Team Out - Yes or No

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

HECKY OUT

• YES

Votes: 672 88.9%
  • NO

Votes: 84 11.1%

• Total voters
my reason is no one else will come take the job. Many on here have said we have championship players. With that no money and an owner not interested in investing in the club as he has no money. Think about it. The decision making process takes months at this place. So Hecky goes we have McCall in charge. For how long 1,2,3,4,5 games till Xmas ? Till January, till end of season ? No manager is going to come to the club likely to be the worst PL team for the second time running and have that on their CV when they go down.

I just think there is quite a lot now thinking Hecky goes and everything will be fine.

This is Sheffield United. It wont be. Best we can hope for is to suck it up and drop to the Championship. Unless we get a miracle or a moneybags new owner. :)
Disagree ..a new manager will have nowt to lose we,re down anyway..he can come in and give contracts to the players that can take us forward..none of the old pals act anymore.

I said this time and time again last season - even after wins, and was slated for it.
After Slav left, Hecky played to our strengths, ball in the box early, plenty of width, closing down, purposeful passing.
After the play off defeat it’s almost as if his bottle went. Last season when we played on the front foot and went at teams, nobody could live with us. This happened all too rarely tho. It was more a case of get in front and cling on. We had no real style of play anymore and it showed.
This has carried on into this season. Are we a long ball team? Are we team that tries to keep possession and work openings (hardly)
Do we play with wingers and try to get crosses in? Do we press teams back and try to force mistakes? Are we a counter attacking team?
The only style of play I have seen is to sit behind the ball, defend poorly and then treat the ball like it’s a hand grenade when we get possession. McAtee aside we have nobody who can carry the ball, pass to feet, create an opening.
I get the lack of real money, I get that other teams have better players on the whole, but for fucks sake give us a fucking clue as to what the plan is?
Some games necessitate sitting back, I understand that.
At home against another bottom 6 team, after a couple of decent results, surely it makes sense to get right in their faces, make it nasty if we need to, let them see that we are up for the fight.
I’m sorry but we need someone who can give us some home and I’m afraid as nice a guy as hecky is and as well as he has done with one hand tied behind his back, it’s not good enough anymore.

my reason is no one else will come take the job. Many on here have said we have championship players. With that no money and an owner not interested in investing in the club as he has no money. Think about it. The decision making process takes months at this place. So Hecky goes we have McCall in charge. For how long 1,2,3,4,5 games till Xmas ? Till January, till end of season ? No manager is going to come to the club likely to be the worst PL team for the second time running and have that on their CV when they go down.

I just think there is quite a lot now thinking Hecky goes and everything will be fine.

This is Sheffield United. It wont be. Best we can hope for is to suck it up and drop to the Championship. Unless we get a miracle or a moneybags new owner. :)
We are a Premier League club with home gates near 30000. We look doomed, so any manager has zero pressure. If any manager thinks he cannot do a better job than the current incumbent, then he has no business being a manager.

The crucial point remains the same.
If you don’t have a replacement lined up you can’t sack him and there’s a collective failure around those championing that course of action of providing any realistically obtainable better options at this moment in time.
If only we had persevered with Billy McEwen instead of appointing Bassett.

We are a Premier League club with home gates near 30000. We look doomed, so any manager has zero pressure. If any manager thinks he cannot do a better job than the current incumbent, then he has no business being a manager.

If only we had persevered with Billy McEwen instead of appointing Bassett.
You’re missing my point. Who is the Bassett that is out there? So far I’ve seen Beale and Schumacher suggested who are realistic but high risk.

He should have been emptying his desk after the Newcastle 8-0 debacle.

If not then, then definitely after the Fulham defeat. It's just delaying the inevitable. Even if PH was still in place next season what would we have to look forward too? Best hope being that we somehow get promoted again (we wouldn't as Iliman has gone and he was the reason we got promoted really) before we get dismantled again the following season ?

Get rid. There are plenty of semi decent managers who would crawl.over broken glass to be United boss. It's still a fantastic club and job but it needs some work both on the coaching side, tactics, injury situation and getting some fight and belief into the players again. Basically everything a decent manager should be doing in their day to day job. Becky is currently failing on every score.

9 out of 10 on this survey want him gone now. We all wrong? Get rid asap and get someone in to start changing things now so that we are ready to go again next season innthr Championship with a lot more positivity and a plan. Years ago, Basset came in when the game was basically up, took the relegation on his CV on the chin and had had time to see what he wanted and who to bring in. We romped to promotion the following season and the belief was back in abundance. Time to find the modern day Bassett
Totally agree. We shipped 8,5 and 3 with totally insipid performances (which has been for 80% of the season). We have no pattern or style of play,no identity,play at 100mph with no control or confidence,decent players have gone backwards ,even Anel doesn’t look like he wants to be here. An above post said about impacts with a change of manager,we are rooted playing the same hit and hope aimless balls down the channel installed in players minds,goalkeeper launching from the 1st minute to Archer,Mcatee. This lies with the manager and Co, then he says the crowd went quiet today,I wonder why ? We have had far too many unacceptable,spineless performances this season. The management have had their sunny day and now the storm clouds are blowing in .

Paul Heckingbottom reminds me of funky little Nigel with his “you start with a point” mentality ….

This is not how Sheffield United go about their business

Someone that gives them a fucking rocket and demands more effort and bollocks than is currently being displayed. I can accept technically more accomplished players, I can't accept a lack of giving a fuck.
Any names then? We tried the rocket approach when we brought in Morgs and Unsworth, it didn't work.

I voted for a change, as Hecky is just not getting the best out of this squad….despite their limited capability. The fact that there is little apparent fight is just not acceptable.

However, I’m not sure a new Manager would make a lot of difference either, because the root cause is The Prince. He has no money, he cannot properly fund a Championship club never mind a Premuer League club. The fact he overpriced the selling price at £170 million in April, means he is now screwed & stuck with the club with a rapidly depreciating value. There will be no money to spend in January and come next summer we have 14 players out of contract. This ridiculous situation as all down to The Prince & sadly I cannot see a way out of this without a miracle worker aka Bassett / Wilder type cheap appointments - when we also had very little money to play with.

We'll be absolutely shot with him in charge, can you imagine when the season ends this fool trying to convince this shower to mount anotehr promotion challenge.. no me neither.

when a leaders followers loses confidence in their leadership and therefore can no longer lead then it's time to give up the ghost .
Buddy I said Wilder should be in 6 weeks ago. I was right. Now it’s too late.

Isn’t that the whole point of Wilder to build them up. This despite the fact he stripped the squad bare of any confidence last time we was here.
Since you called for him we’ve got 4 points and we’re 4 points from safety. If it’s now too late because he can’t overcome that I’d suggest he’s was never worth appointing in the first place.
4 points? What are you talking about?

I wanted him instantly after Newcastle game. So don’t make things up please.

The team is now completely ruined. Shame I was right I wish I was wrong.

So what happens next season, any players that are actually left completely devoid of confidence, still playing for a manager with no plan, we just continue to merrily accept it as he did well once and may get better one day
This is everyone else’s problem. I wanted him gone 6 weeks ago.

I was shot down constantly on here.

The issues are deep rooted.

They start at the very top and filter down every level.

A change of manager won't fix the mess but may provide short-term relief and inject fresh impetus into a side that doesn't know what it's doing and doesn't enjoy playing together.

Ideally we'd get new owners, but he's seemingly set an unrealistic price for the club. Therefore the only remaining option to effect some kind of change is to replace the manager.
I'll be sad to see him go and I hope most of you will be too, but it's clearly necessary.

Weird, weird game.

Probably the toughest watch of the season. We just looked totally ambivalent and nothing we did seemed to indicate that we gave a shit. To go about a game of that magnitude in that manner is inexcusable. Bournemouth won't get an easier three points this season.

I had a dash of optimism about today due to the last two results. That didn't last long.

Keep Hecky. There's not a man alive who could keep this lot up. If you can't get up for a game like today's as a player then I don't really know what to say. Nobody had a good game today. Nobody looked arsed. I don't think that's the manager's fault.

I thought we were in with a realistic chance of a win, but I'd have been ok with a hard fought for point. As it panned out I can't think of a more soulless performance since the Port Vale game in 1999 (and yes, I actually was there!). It was a worse performance than the Newcastle game, and only the relative crapness of Bournemouth's strikers prevented a similar scoreline.
The usual answer in football is to sack the manager, but I can't see how at this point it would make any difference to the end result. However, not sacking the manager (who I do like as a bloke) is likely to end up as football's longest suicide note. It might inject some hope/passion for a reboot and some real planning for next season.

My view is McBurnie is our most threatening striker. He has to start. Hecky’s game plan seems to be let’s try and stay in the game until half time and then give it a go in the 2nd half after we make some changes. The problem today is that the game is lost at half time and it’s too late. Inexcusable.. Hecky has to go now sadly.

Me and the 42 others that voted Hecky to stay should start our own forum.

Was in favour of giving him till Burnley next week but after today would prefer to see him go immediately. Got a lot of love for the guy and will be grateful for what he’s done but the performances aren’t acceptable.
He said it himself , unacceptable performance , so I'm sorry Hecky but off you fuck - your recruitment , team selections , shape & tactics are either shite or nonexistent

My view is McBurnie is our most threatening striker. He has to start. Hecky’s game plan seems to be let’s try and stay in the game until half time and then give it a go in the 2nd half after we make some changes. The problem today is that the game is lost at half time and it’s too late. Inexcusable.. Hecky has to go now sadly.
Agree. McBurnie needs to start if he's fit. I'm not sure that Hecky now has a game plan. If it's what you think, perhaps someone needs to put his watch forward an hour so he thinks it's half time at 3.00!!

After today, unfortunately yes. I have no animosity towards Hecky and everyone, but we need guts and determination. It's what I think a United team is made off. There are good players and a good team in there . But it needs someone to galvanise this, and unfortunately this is not happening.

Back
Top Bottom