CONFIRMED James McAtee - on season-long loan

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Posted yesterday the comment in the attached article that City were looking for a loan that guaranteed McAtee a starting place. Statement was made by Simon Bajkowski the main City reporter on the Manchester Evening news. If this is accurate this is likely to be the cause for any delay as both parties discuss any potential penalty clauses in the event of McAtee not starting.

We did have a similar deal for the young lad from Liverpool who hardly played whose name escapes me. So some reticence on our part is understandable but in McAtees case based on last years form he's a shoe in to start most games. Can't see
any other reasons for the complication.

The disappointing aspect to this delay may be that our limited resources in dealing with negotiating deals aka Bettis alone with Schieber doing the paperwork miss the opportunity to bring in the foreign loan forward.

Posted yesterday the comment in the attached article that City were looking for a loan that guaranteed McAtee a starting place. Statement was made by Simon Bajkowski the main City reporter on the Manchester Evening news. If this is accurate this is likely to be the cause for any delay as both parties discuss any potential penalty clauses in the event of McAtee not starting.

We did have a similar deal for the young lad from Liverpool who hardly played whose name escapes me. So some reticence on our part is understandable but in McAtees case based on last years form he's a shoe in to start most games. Can't see
any other reason that this would be a complicated.

The disappointing aspect to this delay may be that our limited resources in dealing with negotiating deals aka Bettis alone with Schieber doing the paperwork miss the opportunity to bring in the foreign loan forward.

It's all our clubs fault though ;).

any other reasons for the complication.

Woodburn

If your looking to aid the development of your player guaranteed starter clauses seems an odd way to do it to me, like even looking at McAtee last year if he had to start every game I'm not sure he would have developed in the same way

I can't get my head around how we can't negotiate 2 deals simultaneously.

Do we just have one bloke in our recruitment department?

Is Josh King heading over to the UK for talks / medical etc.?
Chelsea & The Scabs have got players going in out on conveyor belts all day, surely we can muster one more transfer

Other clubs outsource parts of their recruitment and all ours is done in house.

Though congratulations for getting it done.

If City insisted on a clause saying he had to start , that's our fault somehow.

they can't insist he must start surely? They could insert a clause saying if he hasn't had what they consider to be enough game time the reserve the right to recall him in Jan..

Is Fallout remover worth it?

An iron and fallout remover is necessary if you want to be sure the surface of your paint is perfectly clean. So yes, in situations like the one mentioned above, it's necessary. It isn't needed often though, especially if it's already been done recently.

:)

protect_and_survive_complete_nuclear_survival_british_public_information_film_remastered.jpg

I don't get how people get this insight when nobody here has any idea what we're doing or saying behind the scenes?

What do you call "hurried up" ??
No medical. It was done faster than normal loans. Heard it was before deadline. It wasnt. Sorry for passing on slightly incorrect info 😏 Everything was sent before noon to epl and considered done on both sides, but seems that epl requested something else. I dont know what that was but it unfortunately it meant that this wasnt resubmitted until around 1.45pm, the cut off for completing was missed, annoying but we gotour man ! And it was alot of hard work behind the scenes to get it done too as Man city were quite reluctant to send back to us as probably be struggling, Ajax wasn’t a viable option for him and ultimately prem football was what city and the player wanted.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom