CONFIRMED James McAtee - on season-long loan

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

And there sums up perfectly the level of understanding of some.I don't have two short brick emojisšŸ˜.
Is this one of our best windows everšŸ¤”.
Atmos electric tomorrow.
I've almost pissed my grundies I'm so excited.
Big hats off to Hecky et al.
šŸ˜‚ Grundies!
Blast from the past šŸ¤£

With all the joy around this transfer, letā€™s not forget about our fallen soldier Tommy Doyle. Poor bastard wanted to come back so badly but has instead been shipped to wolves because we wanted mcAtee more
Aye
ā€œwanted to come back so badlyā€ that he couldnā€™t (wouldnā€™t) agree a contract (allegedly)

ā€œshipped to wolvesā€ who will (more than) likely finish higher than us & pay him what he wants

ā€œfallen (mercenary) soldier indeed

NB - NOT a dig @ Doyle in any way shape or form as a footballer, but I canā€™t / wonā€™t sympathise with the choices HE made

And there sums up perfectly the level of understanding of some.I don't have two short brick emojisšŸ˜.
Is this one of our best windows everšŸ¤”.
Atmos electric tomorrow.
I've almost pissed my grundies I'm so excited.
Big hats off to Hecky et al.
šŸ¤£ whatā€™s wrong with what I said?

Hopefully. Weā€™re still trying for this overseas loan could to down to the wire šŸ¤žšŸ¼. Possibly Marsh out on loan too looks like he might be going to a league two club.
Did you used to work for the club?

Having seen the reported Ā£4m-5m fee he went for, surely we could have put some sort of proposal together where he takes a reduction in wages in lieu of a big signing on fee that would make up the difference. No sense dwelling on it now, but it does seem an opportunity lost given his quality, age and desire to play for us. At that fee his is an absolute steal even with the 50% sell on.
I think it can only be such a low fee because wolves have taken less for their player. Some FFP massaging maybe? If weā€™d have been offered him for that fee then we would have bitten their hands off about three weeks ago, no?

Iā€™m quite saddened by this news and with numbers attached that make it seem plausible that we could have landed him.

Whatā€™s entitled about expecting my team to be able to pass the ball to each other in the premier league?
Regardless it being city, the managers lack of options due to the lack of ability at board level made the game much easier for city than it should have been.
Your second paragraph is very true
But the regardless it being citeh bit !
Fair enough if we struggle to string two passes together tomorrow and for the foreseeable then ok

But a cobbles together side with no pre season and 2 kids up front , have a day off mate

With all the joy around this transfer, letā€™s not forget about our fallen soldier Tommy Doyle. Poor bastard wanted to come back so badly but has instead been shipped to wolves because we wanted mcAtee more
I wonder though if we wanted McAtee because we can't get a player of McAtee's quality on a permanent deal. He is creative and those type of players are always harder to find at PL level without paying some serious money or gambling on someone much cheaper who won't be as good. Whereas Doyle, as good as he is, that type of player is more readily available because he isn't someone that gets 10 goals and/or assists from midfield and then there's also the relegation reduction in wages that was apparently a problem for Doyle and/or United to find a middle ground, whereas McAtee as a loan player is of course not subject to that side of things.

Just had to look up the Doyle deal; it made me cry out.
That's an opportunity missed.

Just had to look up the Doyle deal; it made me cry out.
That's an opportunity missed.
There's no way they've got him for for 4.3m (even with 50% sell on). Something dodgy with the price for Nunes, maybe 10m off their original asking price. Stinks of FFP.

If wolves are relegated Tommy Doyle could become available again as you can assume that Tommy will not play in the championship . Also the fee paid for Tommy could be linked to the defender they brought in from Girona which seemed a lot less than the value El Accounto had of the same player . FFP rules are definately been manipulated in these deals !!!

The details of the deal are a red herring as it was intertwined with the Nunes deal.
And with our track record we're best staying out of deals like this. Not that we had anyone worth that much!

Can see it now. We're all sweating at 12pm and then at 5pm this evening marketing drop a reveal video of Macca coming out of Maccies on the High Street.

I wonder though if we wanted McAtee because we can't get a player of McAtee's quality on a permanent deal. He is creative and those type of players are always harder to find at PL level without paying some serious money or gambling on someone much cheaper who won't be as good. Whereas Doyle, as good as he is, that type of player is more readily available because he isn't someone that gets 10 goals and/or assists from midfield and then there's also the relegation reduction in wages that was apparently a problem for Doyle and/or United to find a middle ground, whereas McAtee as a loan player is of course not subject to that side of things.
I agree with that. I really like Doyle and loved the desire he had to come back and play for us. That said, IMO itā€™s the right decision to use our Man City loan slot on McAtee. His qualities are harder to find and usually come at a big cost that would be beyond our budget. City apparently turned down Ā£30m earlier this summer, so his signing is a real coup.

McAtee on the bench tomorrow gives the fans & players a huge boost of confidence. Great signing

Back
Top Bottom