CONFIRMED Cameron Archer signs for the Blades - 4 year contract

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

If that's the case then we will have to see it as

• We make 2m on him (wages prob balance that to £0) or minimum its a free loan.
  • Villa free up 2m in wages
  • Villa don't have egg on their face about losing a homegrown talent
  • villa satisfy fairplay rulings.

I'm mainly interested in (if);

- we stay up and villa can't have him back if he bangs 10 goals.

That’s only if we’re relegated.
Ok they have an obligation to buy back (player pending) not just an option? Like if we sent Brewster back to Liverpool after relagation. Think that's the bit confusing me. It just seems rather like a loan that uses the majority of our budget.

If that's the case then we will have to see it as

• We make 2m on him (wages prob balance that to £0) or minimum its a free loan.
  • Villa free up 2m in wages
  • Villa don't have egg on their face about losing a homegrown talent
  • villa satisfy fairplay rulings.

I'm mainly interested in (if);

- we stay up and villa can't have him back if he bangs 10 goals.
That's the main thing for me. Gives us a better chance of another £120m next year if he helps keeps us up.

It doesn't take long for the spirits to be lifted 😁
Think we'll beat City, not easily if course, no that's just stupid isn't it ,just by the odd goal but the stats in our favour like 60% possession look like being impressive.

Ok they have an obligation to buy back (player pending) not just an option? Like if we sent Brewster back to Liverpool after relagation. Think that's the bit confusing me. It just seems rather like a loan that uses the majority of our budget.

Installments buddy, we will realistically be paying nothing. But on Villas budget sheet it will show them satisfying FFP.

But it would be in installments right. Realistically no money may change hands until end of season (apart from on Villa's FFP paperwork which is what they're mostly concerned about)
Wouldn’t have thought no money changing hands until end of the season is how it would work but what do I know?

If it did work like that then PA = win win

We get said player, no money changes hands until the end of season and PA has by then sold the club, then it becomes the new owners problem if we go down and owe AV a barrow full of money?

Wouldn’t have thought no money changing hands until end of the season is how it would work but what do I know?

If it did work like that then PA = win win

We get said player, no money changes hands until the end of season and PA has by then sold the club, then it becomes the new owners problem if we go down and owe AV a barrow full of money?

We wouldn't owe Villa any money if we go down.. in fact they would owe us...

"Sheffield United Strike 18m Deal to Sign Cameron Archer"

"Sheffield United are ready to finalise a complex deal to sign Cameron Archer"

They are stating two different things in the same article. How can we strike a deal before finalising it
Maybe they've struck the deal but the relevant club officials haven't signed on the dotted line yet?
Just a thought 😉

They're REQUIRED to re-sign him if we're relegated?

Surely not. Why would they agree to that? When we're likely to go down, with or without Archer?

If true it would remove so much of the upside for us. He's exactly the sort of player we'd be counting on to get us back up

I can see an optional 20m buy back if we go down, that's it. 25m minimum if we stay up

I guess you could look at it like a loan with an obligation to buy if we stay up as if not we’d get our money back (and a little more)

They're REQUIRED to re-sign him if we're relegated?

Surely not. Why would they agree to that? When we're likely to go down, with or without Archer?

If true it would remove so much of the upside for us. He's exactly the sort of player we'd be counting on to get us back up

I can see a 20m buy back if we go down, that's it. 25m minimum if we stay up

This is why

I‘ve heard it’s around the £20 million mark slightly more but we aren’t going to make a massive profit but if he’s shit and we go down I guess it’s a nice few million to help.
I think weve been here before, young lad, buy back, hes shit, we go down............... Klopp🤣

I would expect the buy back to be optional of course

So the scenarios are

Hes good, we stay up - he goes nowhere cheap as buyback doesnt apply
Hes shit, we stay up - he goes nowhere, buyback doesnt apply and hes shit anyway
Hes shit we go down - he stays, Emery thanks Klopp for the tip off
Hes good we go down - Villa buy him back for a couple of mil more that they spent

If this happens, well done to the recruitment and legal team, great deal shaping

IMO if he does well we stay up, we dont get pumped by 4 & 5, the odd goal will make a difference

If he comes in and bags 15 goals, with a couple more additions (McAtee loan,Doyle perm) were better than Everton, Wolves and Luton

I can see the PL admin folk taking a good look if it is true little to no money will change hands for twelve months and there is an obligation to buy back on relegation. Sounds suspiciously like a loan with an obligation to buy if we stay up structured to look like a permanent sale to keep loan spots open for us and satisfy FFP for Villa. On the other hand if it means we can still get Macca and Pellistri in on loan, I'm all for it.

Back
Top Bottom