CONFIRMED Cameron Archer signs for the Blades - 4 year contract

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

I guess you could look at it like a loan with an obligation to buy if we stay up as if not we’d get our money back (and a little more)

I think if that's the best deal that we can get for one of our top targets then we should sign it off.

IF we stay up and he has an amazing season then we have played a blinder - if we go down, we have lost nothing and have £20m back for next season.

Seems ok with me :)

Basically means Doyle and pellistri are a loan and we are done then. Maybe Mame fella last day of the window.

Now the archer deal decides what Doyle is loan/buy imagine we get him on Monday after the city game. City bringing him on a coach that saves that cost
It will be telling on Brewster’s future in the game if we splash on a striker

To ease their worries about FFP for this season and then buy him back next season?

I know it's a few years since they sold Grealish for nine figures now, but given they have European football this season and this is now their fifth season with PL money in a row, how do they have FFP issues exactly?

They're REQUIRED to re-sign him if we're relegated?

Surely not. Why would they agree to that? When we're likely to go down, with or without Archer?

If true it would remove so much of the upside for us. He's exactly the sort of player we'd be counting on to get us back up

I can see an optional 20m buy back if we go down, that's it. 25m minimum if we stay up
It's like a season long loan, without using up one of our allocated loan slots.

Assuming the deal gets scrutinised by the PL before it's signed off?

Therefore, there can't be any nasty repercussions down the line?

This is why

Are they really desperate enough to take this risk? If he bombs with us and no one will pay 15m for him then they've thrown away millions. Maybe we could buy him back ourselves for 12m if he does 'just okay'? 🤣

I was all in for Archer as I believed it meant guaranteed goals next season in the Championship.. now it looks like we have him, lose him again in May when we go down, and be back struggling for goal scorers in the Championship. (along side also probably losing Hamer if he has a decent season)

The future looks bleak.

At anything over £15m we are massively overpaying again here and carrying a large risk.
If he is a success, what can they then buy him back for, and does it cover the risk we're taking?
That's where this deal should be judged because he's currently a £10-12m player that we're nearly paying double for so if he's a success and keeps us up are we getting £40-50m for him? If he's a success and we go down anyway , do we have to sell a now £25-30m player for £20m or can we keep him?
As always the devil will be in the detail, and we'll never really know it until it's all played out.

I was all in for Archer as I believed it meant guaranteed goals next season in the Championship.. now it looks like we have him, lose him again in May when we go down, and be back struggling for goal scorers in the Championship. (along side also probably losing Hamer if he has a decent season)

The future looks bleak.
Ffs

They're REQUIRED to re-sign him if we're relegated?

Surely not. Why would they agree to that? When we're likely to go down, with or without Archer?

If true it would remove so much of the upside for us. He's exactly the sort of player we'd be counting on to get us back up

I can see an optional 20m buy back if we go down, that's it. 25m minimum if we stay up
Because they don't really want to sell him, and expect that we will go down, so see this as a short term fix to their FFP / cashflow issues that ends with them getting their player back?

I know it's a few years since they sold Grealish for nine figures now, but given they have European football this season and this is now their fifth season with PL money in a row, how do they have FFP issues exactly?

This might help you.

Fyi FFP is over last 3 seasons so anything before that is not relevant.

Villa are currently the 3rd worst in FFP currently sitting at a 300 million loss

https://sqaf.club/premier-league-ffp-table/

Because they don't really want to sell him, and expect that we will go down, so see this as a short term fix to their FFP / cashflow issues that ends with them getting their player back?
But Shirley if we are relegated but we want to keep him we will have negotiated the option to keep him if we want.

I wouldn't be surprised to see us after both archer and origi - regardless of the cost. I imagine Hecky’s view was that we could pick up Archer and Akpom to reignite their Boro partnership. This may be a plan b.
Aye
It must be an absolute bastard buying you a birthday present if you wouldn’t be surprised by that !

I get the comparison to Brewster but I think Archer is a far superior player to Brewster but I could see Brewster playing off Archer also. Really happy if we can get Archer, he looks a real handful, capable of finishing off half chances and creating himself a yard if space for a shot, not just reliant on decent cross in from the wing backs.

I can see the PL admin folk taking a good look if it is true little to no money will change hands for twelve months and there is an obligation to buy back on relegation. Sounds suspiciously like a loan with an obligation to buy if we stay up structured to look like a permanent sale to keep loan spots open for us and satisfy FFP for Villa. On the other hand if it means we can still get Macca and Pellistri in on loan, I'm all for it.
It's called bending the rules to suit both clubs. Please ty of other clubs have been allowed to do dodgy looking deals by allegedly selling or loaning players to and from parent clubs and also selling their ground/ stadium to a separate company ...cough cough

The future looks bleak.
Fck me mate, come on wait and see. Don't get the ouija board out yet. UTB.

If I have read this right, and it’s entirely plausible that I haven’t lol, the buyback will be a Villa first choice on player if we go down, possibly they get him for 20 and we lose out at possibly being able to sell for 25 etc

Back
Top Bottom