Gone Elsewhere Georges Mikautadze

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

If we aren’t willing to pay more than 10 million for Archer then this will be a no go lol

Reports today saying Metz are holding out for €20m (£17m). Apparently we've bid €18m (£15m) which is the highest offer they've received (altho this was reported back in July), with others bidding €15m. Personally I doubt we've actually bid anything for him in the first place and these are just clickbait articles you get across the summer, but as someone who plays attacking midfielder as well as striker, he might be more of an Iliman replacement than someone like Archer? Especially if Villa are gonna charge us the Englishman premium

What's happening with Archer are we out of the running now or what?
Still in the running but its unfortunately turning into a long drawn out negotiation. We are exploring our options knowing that Man City is the next day to get a signing in for. The negotiations got a lot closer than the 20m versus 10m reported but the buyback was the killer. The structure of it was awful for us. Not sure who Villa think they are with the terms they were trying to get us to sign up to.

Reports today saying Metz are holding out for €20m (£17m). Apparently we've bid €18m (£15m) which is the highest offer they've received (altho this was reported back in July), with others bidding €15m. Personally I doubt we've actually bid anything for him in the first place and these are just clickbait articles you get across the summer, but as someone who plays attacking midfielder as well as striker, he might be more of an Iliman replacement than someone like Archer? Especially if Villa are gonna charge us the Englishman premium
If we were that serious then the difference of 2m would have been negotiated now. It would also have meant GM was our prefered target. GMs name hasn't been linked to any ITK users and has been given the full 'NO' answer from el accounto. My preference would be to remove the English tax on the fees and find a solid young starting striker from a major league abroad.

If we were that serious then the difference of 2m would have been negotiated now. It would also have meant GM was our prefered target. GMs name hasn't been linked to any ITK users and has been given the full 'NO' answer from el accounto. My preference would be to remove the English tax on the fees and find a solid young starting striker from a major league abroad.
Yea when you look at the relative strength of each league - https://www.globalfootballrankings.com/ - and see the Championship is rated around the same level as the Mexican, Russian, Turkish, Belgian, Austrian and Danish leagues, you have to ask why we're (either the club or fans) willing to spend £20m+ on someone just cos they had a good half season in the Championship when there must be an abundance of players with similar records for half the price or less in those other leagues. Hell, even MLS league is not that far behind the level of the Championship

Shit, they actually want us to pay with money for him.

Still in the running but its unfortunately turning into a long drawn out negotiation. We are exploring our options knowing that Man City is the next day to get a signing in for. The negotiations got a lot closer than the 20m versus 10m reported but the buyback was the killer. The structure of it was awful for us. Not sure who Villa think they are with the terms they were trying to get us to sign up to.
Thanks for that pointless if they are being like that we just have to try and find another young prospect like that.

There are plenty in Europe that I am sure won't require a buy back. Clause

Prince Abdullah has offered him the chance of a lifetime, to stay at his home in LA to chat about joining us. Will pay him in unlimited white Ralph Lauren polo shirts from TK Maxx, if he agrees.

Prince Abdullah has offered him the chance of a lifetime, to stay at his home in LA to chat about joining us. Will pay him in unlimited white Ralph Lauren polo shirts from TK Maxx, if he agrees.
Type of striker we sign is important. We know our team from the Palace match had gaps all over it and some of the new signings will fill that. We won't play as a team and win matches unless we get the chemistry right of the different types of player.

If the player ends up being from abroad you would expect to be similar to Archer. Which is quite a defined set of attributes. Pacy, gets shots off fast, doenst engage in heading the ball. Unless we are literally scattergun approach.

We need a recruitment strategy position for position and that plays to our strengths. You should be able to get the Archer equivalent from abroad for less money if there is one. He might be name 6 or 7 on our list for example because we trust Archer to pick the pace up better than him.

Type of striker we sign is important. We know our team from the Palace match had gaps all over it and some of the new signings will fill that. We won't play as a team and win matches unless we get the chemistry right of the different types of player.

If the player ends up being from abroad you would expect to be similar to Archer. Which is quite a defined set of attributes. Pacy, gets shots off fast, doenst engage in heading the ball. Unless we are literally scattergun approach.

We need a recruitment strategy position for position and that plays to our strengths. You should be able to get the Archer equivalent from abroad for less money if there is one. He might be name 6 or 7 on our list for example because we trust Archer to pick the pace up better than him.
Do you have any idea who are other targets are?

Assume we're looking in the ten million range?

Do you have any idea who are other targets are?

Assume we're looking in the ten million range?
All the first choice options were leaked early along with maybe some red herrings. As we've worked our way down the list quickly over the past week or so and El accounto types hands have been burnt I'm not sure how quickly the next set of names will leak.

All the first choice options were leaked early along with maybe some red herrings. As we've worked our way down the list quickly over the past week or so and El accounto types hands have been burnt I'm not sure how quickly the next set of names will leak.

Don't worry Rocket Man , Rifleman will let you know before long. 😉

Thanks for that pointless if they are being like that we just have to try and find another young prospect like that.

There are plenty in Europe that I am sure won't require a buy back. Clause
No need for name calling, lad does his best.

At a guess if we have bid for this fella it's a much lower fee then they'd want as that is our policy.

Well according to Smith our policy is to always ask for a loan first which I find bizarre!

Next on the list after our latest knock back…

We turn our attention to Conor Salmon

At a guess if we have bid for this fella it's a much lower fee then they'd want as that is our policy.

Well according to Smith our policy is to always ask for a loan first which I find bizarre!
It's not really bizarre, the owner doesn't have the personal wealth to fund a Champ or Prem club and is still trying to play championship/prem owner.

It's not really bizarre, the owner doesn't have the personal wealth to fund a Champ or Prem club and is still trying to play championship/prem owner.
Surely though you'd only ask about a loan if it's realistic.

For instance had Marseille said will you loan us N'Diaye we would have said no.

Surely though you'd only ask about a loan if it's realistic.

For instance had Marseille said will you loan us N'Diaye we would have said no.

Newcastle have just signed Lewis Hall from Chelsea on a loan to buy, it’s not always the case that a club is skint if they ask for a loan.

Back
Top Bottom