CONFIRMED Cameron Archer signs for the Blades - 4 year contract

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Just go for Morelos.

He has à phenomenal record.

We’re not going to get someone who is perfect.

It can be relatively low risk. No fee.

Plus for other teams, he’s an absolute shithouse.

Just need Egan and McBurnie to keep him from getting sent off!

Played 350+ games already and only just 27, so he keeps himself ready and available despite some of the press otherwise he wouldn’t have amassed so many appearances.

Leave your bias at the door, as BB says, and take a look:

No idea what to believe, but if we believe the narrative and it was true Akpom was Hecky's #1 choice, and Archer was the back-up option...

..Why did we decide that £10-12m was too much for Akpom, to then go and submit an £8m bid for a player valued at £18-20m?

If the latter is VERY CLEARLY outside of our budget, why not just match the Ajax bid?

Do we actually have a board, or is it just a bunch of hamsters on fucking wheels running around to power the electric Shirecliffe

I keep seeing this opinion but it has no logic whatsoever. Akpom may have been the number 1 target as he was valued at a lower amount of the 2 and they thought poun d for pound he'd be a better deal for now. At 12m that seems to have not been the case so there seems to have been a move towards Archer.

The value of Archer by Villa is irrelevant too, until we start discussions how would we know their thinking? 18m for him is clearly way over what it should be as well. Easy to say match the Ajax bid, but if the club don't think he is worth that then they won't will they? Just like they won't match Villas asking price for Archer.

These same clowns managed to get the Hamer deal done in 72 hours.

If we have pulled out as Rifleman suggests - my main worry is if this means he'll be off on loan to Luton - strengthening our main rival for 19th place

Just go for Morelos.

Played 350+ games already and only just 27, so he keeps himself ready and available despite some of the press otherwise he wouldn’t have amassed so many appearances.

I would. Temper his temper and he would fit the profile of what we need. 1 year deal for him to showcase himself on the biggest stage.

Just go for Morelos.

I would take ryan kent as well, rumours are that he might not be needed in turkey nownthey have signed other and available for loan.

we’ve pulled out.
Hahaha I did say close the thread 25 pages ago, we were never seriously in for him, and if we were only offering 10m for Akpom and wouldn’t move to 12m and him being Hecky‘s no1 target we were never going to move to 18m for Archer, what really pisses me off now is that we’ve now missed out in AkPom and would have got him for what we are willing to pay for Archer.

Fucking bonkers UTD.

Exactly no one knows fuck all, yet the same old doom merchants come on here and blame the club at the hint of any bad news.

Maybe we are skint, maybe we have been outbid by championship clubs. But it could also be possible that Villa are asking for way more than he’s worth.

We just don’t know! Might as well wait and see what happens

Yes, always makes me smile how we have so many individuals who panic and over react. They’re either attention seeking or must have chaotic life’s.

Think it’s pretty simple….wait until the window has closed then judge. I was told anges ago Bettis has a list of 1st choice targets, 2nd choice targets and even 3rd choice targets.

You should never allow yourself to get excited during any bidding process, stay cool and business like. If something I’d over priced then move in. Apparently extra players are coming in no matter what but we’re being sensible and not allowing ourselves to be blackmailed.

Over the past couple of weeks I've almost wanted to block out all blades content online. It seems there's a sizable amount of folk at the moment who are just insistent on pumping out the most miserable posts.
Yeah & it's a total fucking mystery as to why isn't it

Don't see the urgency now. We can't bring anyone in for the game tonight and dont we then have City to play which is just damage limitation?

Provided we bring in some quality reinforcements before the window shuts then why the rush? It's only a couple of weeks away. Just get behind the lads we do have in place tonight and everything else is just 'take it easy with Cadburys Caramel'.

Just go for Morelos.

Downsides: Face like a slapped arse, paunchy fucker, Rangers connection.
Upside : Knows where onion bag is, he's breathing.
Verdict : Gerrimin.

Agree with Weasel. It was highly unlikely we were going to bring someone in on match day so we have a bit of time to either carry on pursuing identified targets or switch to back up plan targets F & G.

I keep seeing this opinion but it has no logic whatsoever. Akpom may have been the number 1 target as he was valued at a lower amount of the 2 and they thought poun d for pound he'd be a better deal for now. At 12m that seems to have not been the case so there seems to have been a move towards Archer.

The value of Archer by Villa is irrelevant too, until we start discussions how would we know their thinking? 18m for him is clearly way over what it should be as well. Easy to say match the Ajax bid, but if the club don't think he is worth that then they won't will they? Just like they won't match Villas asking price for Archer.

These same clowns managed to get the Hamer deal done in 72 hours.

The logic is if one is affordable and one isn't, just buy the affordable one if he's your top target. At this rate we're moving onto 3rd, 4th, 5th choices who won't have the same ability of either of these two players.

The price Akpom went for was fair, the price being asked for Archer is also fair considering the market. We paid more each for McBurnie and Brewster who had comparable stats, and arguably weren't rated as highly as Archer is either. He's also on a long term contract. The market has also inflated further since then.

Please explain how £18m is clearly way over what it should be?

What's the player going to do if he's not going on loan and isn't in their plans? Tea lady duties?

I'd hand in a transfer request if I were him.

I'd wait and see what exactly "their plans" are before throwing the toys out of the pram?

The logic is if one is affordable and one isn't, just buy the affordable one if he's your top target. At this rate we're moving onto 3rd, 4th, 5th choices who won't have the same ability of either of these two players.

The price Akpom went for was fair, the price being asked for Archer is also fair considering the market. We paid more each for McBurnie and Brewster who had comparable stats, and arguably weren't rated as highly as Archer is either. He's also on a long term contract. The market has also inflated further since then.

What you're saying is to overpay for one target because we would be willing to pay that for another target, that's not a sound plan is it?

Akpom has had 1 good season, 12m isn't mega expensive all things considered but that's quite the risk. The McBurnie & Brewster deals were equally bad, they are both contributing factors to why we have had our financial struggles. Again, those deals will be in the minds of Bettis and co. Twice they have punted large amounts on front men and they have had minimal success on either front.

It shouldn't even be on anyones mind as to why they would bid X amount for one player but not the same amount for another. Every single deal is different and done on it's own merits. The club will have different values attached to each player, they shouldn't just start punting on folk.

What you're saying is to overpay for one target because we would be willing to pay that for another target, that's not a sound plan is it?

Akpom has had 1 good season, 12m isn't mega expensive all things considered but that's quite the risk. The McBurnie & Brewster deals were equally bad, they are both contributing factors to why we have had our financial struggles. Again, those deals will be in the minds of Bettis and co. Twice they have punted large amounts on front men and they have had minimal success on either front.

It shouldn't even be on anyones mind as to why they would bid X amount for one player but not the same amount for another. Every single deal is different and done on it's own merits. The club will have different values attached to each player, they shouldn't just start punting on folk.

10m +2m add ons isn't exactly an overpay for a player who scored 28 goals, Hecky's top target for a reason

You seem to have a very naive perception of how much football players cost in 2023. Are you on the board?

10m +2m add ons isn't exactly an overpay for a player who scored 28 goals, Hecky's top target for a reason

You seem to have a very naive perception of how much football players cost in 2023. Are you on the board?
In your opinion it isn't, and just like my opinion it doesn't matter one bit. It's the opinion of the board that matters and theirs is clearly that 12m was an overpay.

I am not naïve to the costs of players, setting the value on player values today because of the amounts McBurnie/Brewster & co went for is clearly not the way to go given they were pretty much failures. It also seems from some of the alleged ITK info coming out that the fee in of itself for Archer was an issue but not a deal ender, the finer details of the requested package seem to be. Again, my perception of the value of players does not matter, but it seems the board seem to have a similar line of thinking for whatever reason that may be.

We aren't a rich club either, so throwing around 12m plus in regards to transfers for this club like it's nothing is out of place too. If I were running the show, I wouldn't be in a hurry to throw 18m at Archer, rightly or wrongly.

For me I think it's the market value but I don't think the club is willing or can pay that. As soon as the 20 million figure game out I thought it's over if it's that even though that's about the going rate

It’s not imo

For me I think it's the market value but I don't think the club is willing or can pay that. As soon as the 20 million figure game out I thought it's over if it's that even though that's about the going rate

I agree they're not willing (or just can't), what I can't understand is how they were expecting any less, how do you move onto a second choice player who is even more outside of your budget? Regardless of what anyone here actually thinks Archer is worth, it's a very standard price for an English kid with his talent (and contracted til 2027), it's absolutely shambolic planning if they really thought they were going to get him for peanuts/less than Akpom has gone for?

Rifle - We have pulled out

On the other thread

Rocket - We are still in the running

They’re at it again 😁
Rifleman said the other day how quickly the deal was set to go through. God knows how that was true as we'd clearly not agreed a fee. 3 days later we've pulled out. Don't know why they bother.

Aye
Also be interesting to see how many folk that are now criticising McBurnie though he was a good buy at the time

Yep, pretty much this. You buy a player for the attributes they have at the time considering the range of potential outcomes. That defines whether it is a good deal or not. If Brewster had stayed injury free and looked profilic enough for Liverpool to activate the buy back, nobody says he's a waste of money. That we got the other end of the levels of outcomes is pure misfortune/mismanagement and does not affect whether we paid too much or not. Same with McBurnie or any other transfer. I swear some people here would look at a promotion saying "win a fiver on the toss of a coin, just a pound to play" as a bad deal if they lost

Back
Top Bottom