Chuba akpom and Cameron archer

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Not sure on this one myself, one good season, plenty of forwards have had one good season in the championship but can never replicate it.
We've been stung on that one ourselves with Brewster and McBurnie. Over £1m a goal between them.

If Luton hadn't gone up, we'd have been going after Carlton Morris who couldn't hit a barn door besides last season.

Interesting to see Boro fans are not happy with the 8 million fee if true and rate him more than that.
To be fair if I was a Boro fan I wouldn't want to lose him for £8m either but at the same time I don't want us to spend most of our budget on him and certainly not if he doesn't want to come.

It's a joke we are offering him less wages if true but also if he'd rather stay in the championship for an extra 5k a week then fuck him. It might be the only chance he ever gets of playing in the PL.

I'd rather sign more like Benie Traore.

Surely there's better value in the foreign market.

Would take Habib Diallo over Akpom any day of the week, probably for around the same sort of money.

Anyone else think this could be a smoke screen to keep other clubs off the scent of who we're really after? There just seems to be too much about this one that suggests it's not going to come off

Anyone else think this could be a smoke screen to keep other clubs off the scent of who we're really after? There just seems to be too much about this one that suggests it's not going to come off

Attachments

• giphy (2).gif
    giphy (2).gif
    1.2 MB · Views: 56
Seems to be being reported that Archer won't be available (loan or permanent) and would probably cost 20m+. So, considering our budget, who else could we get in for around 10m?

We have previously spent big a players with one good season in the championship like Brewster (half season) and McBurnie which would be the concern.

For me it's a yes though, if he's on a longer contract he leaves Boro for 20m, which seems to be the going rate for a top scorer in the Championship. If we can get him for 8m, for our budget, it's worth the gamble.

So Hecky probably wanted Akpom to play with Ndiaye

And now he wants him as well as Archer - not just one or the other

Hopefully he gets what he wants. But something tells me he may not....

We will see movement on akpom in the next week, Boro wanted £15m+ but the fee is going to be half that.

Cameron archer is a little more difficult, villa are currently pricing us out of a move and we want a loan with a buy option. Villa currently want £20m. This could go down to the wire.
WUEDP?👀

If we could somehow get both (I think Archer would be a loan to buy sort of thing) I'd be quite happy. Trying to be a glass half full sort of guy at the moment, sure Akpom has had "one good season" but what a season to be fair. If he kicks on from it he would be a threat for sure.

Archer is a great player. Tore us a new one when boro beat us at the lane back in February. Would love to see him playing for us.

what i like is the fact were after 2 strikers know a lot of posters saying we need midfield creativity first and we definetly do 2 more midfielders needed at least for me but even if we got em in ive still no confidence that our current crop of strikers will get us the goals to keep us up

There is absolutely no evidence that he has ever said that he doesn’t want to come here , but merely that he would be happy to stay at his present club .

This is a statement which has been made by hundreds if not thousands of players throughout the ages , often just prior to their departure .

Personally , I hope he does join us and if so he will have my full support and believe that he will be a success and that he offers something which none of our current strikers possess .

My main concern is that he is currently carrying a knee injury and we all know where that can go .

There is absolutely no evidence that he has ever said that he doesn’t want to come here , but merely that he would be happy to stay at his present club .

This is a statement which has been made by hundreds if not thousands of players throughout the ages , often just prior to their departure .

Personally , I hope he does join us and if so he will have my full support and believe that he will be a success and that he offers something which none of our current strikers possess .

My main concern is that he is currently carrying a knee injury and we all know where that can go .
We will probably need to double or possibly triple what we are currently offering

Can we spend some money on some fucking creativity please.

Irrelevant how many fucking forwards we have if the ball never spends any time up there.
Agreed we need to prioritise an Attacking Midfielder/Second Striker type like Ndiaye. AS WELL as a striker IMO. ⚔️

Nixon has come out and said that he's one of PH's top targets and that we want to spend the majority of the Ndiaye money on a replacement
He is good but he ain't Ndiaye replacement now if we got Cameron Archer as well that would been as Ndiaye replacement.

We will probably need to double or possibly triple what we are currently offering
What the fee?? 8x3 24m! Not going to happen.
Salary 25x3 75k! Not going to happen.
Almost started to believe this until you posted that! 🤣

I’d happily take Akpom. Really impressed me last season not even including the goyals.

I don't have an opinion on Akpom as I ain't seen enough of him but the amount of people on here who wouldn't go near him makes me think ok steer clear, then I read how the Boro fans don't want to lose him and neither does Carrick and our manager who we all trust and respect his opinion wants him, mmmmmm now let me think, who should I listen to 🤔

I don't have an opinion on Akpom as I ain't seen enough of him but the amount of people on here who wouldn't go near him makes me think ok steer clear, then I read how the Boro fans don't want to lose him and neither does Carrick and our manager who we all trust and respect his opinion wants him, mmmmmm now let me think, who should I listen to 🤔
Whaaaaaaaat fans and their manager don’t want to lose a 28 goal striker? Well blow me down!

So the reason he doesn’t want to come is because of the money and that alone?
No idea mate, we have offered poor money though. He might just be very happy where he is or doesn’t see us as much of a step up.

Back
Top Bottom