Shirt Sponsor

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Wonder if Chelsea fans are up in arms about no sponsor? And that they’ve supposedly dropped the asking price to £25m p.a. (from £40m!).

Knowing our luck this will be it because we got nothing in the bank

Attachments

• IMG_0825.png
    IMG_0825.png
    847.9 KB · Views: 0
How does the hunt for a new sponsor play out? It's never been something I've thought about. Do we advertise the fact we want a sponsor and ask for X,Y & Z over however many years or do they look for a club to sponsor themselves and then negotiations open up?

p.s. Get Laver back.

It isn’t only the lack of a sponsor , that’s just another issue to add to the litany of examples of poor planning at senior level.
Probably the worst is the 2024 expiry of most of the player contracts.
Yet another black cloud on our horizon.

El Accounto said yesterday that the sponsor was more or less sorted...

Really no idea why the majority bother "supporting" The Blades. Spout anger and vitriol without a clue about how and why we are where we are, just sit behind a keyboard demanding A,B,C,D,E and F without a single thought as to how it would be financed. Now shirt sponsorship. If we'd taken a deal from an online betting concern they'd be up on their hind legs squealing morality and dogma.
Embarressing.
Hecky has achieved beyond what was realistic against a backdrop of crippling injuries and financial constraints and rumours of player sales on a daily basis.
The spineless wonders with nothing better to do than whine aren't Blades. Not really. No nothings seeking attention!

It isn’t only the lack of a sponsor , that’s just another issue to add to the litany of examples of poor planning at senior level.
Probably the worst is the 2024 expiry of most of the player contracts.
Yet another black cloud on our horizon.
Exactly. Little things like this only add to the idea that it is a circus behind the scenes.

90 of the 92 have sorted a shirt sponsor for the upcoming season. Baffles me how anyone could think our situation is normal or defensible in any way.

Really no idea why the majority bother "supporting" The Blades. Spout anger and vitriol without a clue about how and why we are where we are, just sit behind a keyboard demanding A,B,C,D,E and F without a single thought as to how it would be financed. Now shirt sponsorship. If we'd taken a deal from an online betting concern they'd be up on their hind legs squealing morality and dogma.
Embarressing.
Hecky has achieved beyond what was realistic against a backdrop of crippling injuries and financial constraints and rumours of player sales on a daily basis.
The spineless wonders with nothing better to do than whine aren't Blades. Not really. No nothings seeking attention!
🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣

Proper Blades don't take the club to task on the shit they are giving us, they just eat it and don't ask questions.

🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣

Proper Blades don't take the club to task on the shit they are giving us, they just eat it and don't ask questions.
Sensible, informed criticism is one thing and normal.
Banging out ill informed attacks on all and sundry within the club is pathetic. Being fed shit? Go dine elsewhere.

Embarressing.
But going on a message board and calling a load of people out? Definitely not attention seeking?

Anyone else think companies are unsure about putting their company's name on the front of our shirts in case we beat Derby's points record?

In fairness any publicity is good publicity so shouldn't really matter. Just can't figure out why a premier league team is struggling to find a sponsor. An opportunity like that should be like gold dust

Sensible, informed criticism is one thing and normal.
Banging out ill informed attacks on all and sundry within the club is pathetic. Being fed shit? Go dine elsewhere.
Attacks? Quite thin skinned aren't we?

Anyone else think companies are unsure about putting their company's name on the front of our shirts in case we beat Derby's points record?

In fairness any publicity is good publicity so shouldn't really matter. Just can't figure out why a premier league team is struggling to find a sponsor. An opportunity like that should be like gold dust
Nah, if anything they'll get more publicity like you say. It's a chance to get your company on TV every single week with billions of viewers

But going on a message board and calling a load of people out? Definitely not attention seeking?
Expressing an opinion which isn't scattergun but attempting to avoid uninformed "twittter/facebook" levels isn't attention seeking, simply trying to introduce ballance and perspective. Sorry if that dosen't suit you.

Expressing an opinion which isn't scattergun but attempting to avoid uninformed "twittter/facebook" levels isn't attention seeking, simply trying to introduce ballance and perspective. Sorry if that dosen't suit you.
I'm not sure "everyone who disagrees with me is a part timer who doesn't support the club" is particularly introducing balance? You're then doing the twitter/facebook thing of lumping everyone who questions something into the same group and then slagging it off. All while calling 99% of people who post on here "uninformed".

Nothing to do with it "suiting me" or not.

It's August second. We don't have a shirt sponsor. We are a club that is really struggling to pay bills, unlike Chelsea and Forest.

Sorting out a shirt sponsor really can't be that difficult a process.

As per your comment on the morality of the firm, I couldn't give a toss if we were sponsored by Epstein Island.

It's August second. We don't have a shirt sponsor. We are a club that is really struggling to pay bills, unlike Chelsea and Forest.

Sorting out a shirt sponsor really can't be that difficult a process.

As per your comment on the morality of the firm, I couldn't give a toss if we were sponsored by Epstein Island.
The owner thinks differently like it or not.

We do have a shirt sponsor. All contracts finalized.

However, now we are working to make sure all follow-on activities happen, and we have shown ourselves not to be great at agile project delivery. I’ve been in touch several times to offer my services over the last few years. We do it on the cheap with junior PMs, sadly.

I'm not sure "everyone who disagrees with me is a part timer who doesn't support the club" is particularly introducing balance? You're then doing the twitter/facebook thing of lumping everyone who questions something into the same group and then slagging it off. All while calling 99% of people who post on here "uninformed".

Nothing to do with it "suiting me" or not.
Please show me where I have suggested 99% of people are anything.
Thanks.

Therein lies the problem. You do realise the sun doesn't shine out of his arse?
Absolutely. As long as he is the owner though he decides as he wants. It's how ownership works. Guess we should wish McCabe was still leading us.

Please show me where I have suggested 99% of people are anything.
Thanks.
Basically anyone wondering why something every football club does every year (get a sponsor) hasn't been done are "spineless wonders" "Spout anger and vitriol without a clue about how and why we are where we are" "Demand A, B, C, D and E" and "aren't Blades". Seen as it's a United forum and pretty much 99% of people are wondering where the sponsor is I'd say when you say "the majority" it's about 99%

I get it. You have complete faith in the owner/board and don't feel that they've put a foot wrong since taking over the club. Any issues at all are completely outside of their control and you want to give them a big hug and tell them it'll all be OK and "real Blades" are 100% behind them.

I just disagree

Back
Top Bottom