Emmanuel Dennis - Real Madrid slayer

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Manaj and Bayo are quite high calibre signings

Penaranda and Fletcher are capable albeit not out and out CFs

They probably have better strength backing up the wide fwds, but those players are awol so far so fuck knows

What makes them high calibre?

Who’s the 3rd CF? I don’t think I could name any others they’ve got.

Manaj and Bayo are quite high calibre signings

Penaranda and Fletcher are capable albeit not out and out CFs

They probably have better strength backing up the wide fwds, but those players are awol so far so fuck knows
It's all about opinions. But Bayo is wank. He couldn't even get into a poor Celtic team. He must have come on a bit to be regarded as decent.

I know Manaj came from Brokelona but he's got a career record of about 1 in 5 and only then it's exaggerated by his time at Barca B.

Penaranda 13 goals in 131 games.

Fletcher had one half-decent season at Boro 3 years ago and done nothing anywhere before or since.

I'm not saying they won't be effective. They'll have some money to replace and there is still the inevitable helping hand from Udinese to come on deadline day but losing Sarr and Dennis will be a massive drop off for them.

Unlucky for us given we had that stupid suspension of Ahmedhodžić, no Doyle, no Bogle etc, etc and they basically had the same team that finished 19th. That said they finished with the same poor points total as we did so they're hardly infallible.

There's still time of course.

I suppose there is a flip side. Wilder wants to bring in 5 more players and Boro look light on numbers, and he'll do well to get those all in for Sunday! 🤞

They have spent quite big fees on Bayo and Manaj by the looks of it. Bayo seemed to do well in Belgium and Manaj looked useful in a struggling Serie A team

They're probably hot favourites for Keinan Davis now anyway

They'll do something of note, without doubt. They'll still be strong, whether thanks to current players or new signings

Done deal
Losing Dennis who scored 10 PL goals last season. Gaining Davis who is a nuisance but who has all the predatory instincts of a sloth.

In the grand scheme of things I can get on board with our rivals replacing goal scorers with non-goal scorers.

Dennis looks a very decent player and is realistically a good bet for a side aiming to survive in the Prem. I'm not sure he would have had quite the same effect had CW backed the recruitment team's judgement and agreed for Utd to sign him if he'd been isolated as part of a front 2 with a flat 3 midfield playing 50 yards behind him though.

Nottingham Forest are willing to let Nigeria striker Emmanuel Dennis, 25, leave the club just five months after joining from Watford in a deal worth £10m. (Athletic - subscription required)

He can only be loaned back to Watford, as he's already played for two clubs this season (Forest / Watford).
It's also why Josh Bowler has gone back to Blackpool after a disappointing loan spell at Olympiakos.

Presume Forest are looking for a sale to raise funds. Steve Cooper mentioned that they're in the market for another forward.

On Dennis, the above rules us out and it may turn out to be bad news if he ends up back at Watford.

It's a silly rule. No reason a player can't play for 3 clubs, depending on the league he's joining at least

He can only be loaned back to Watford, as he's already played for two clubs this season (Forest / Watford).
It's also why Josh Bowler has gone back to Blackpool after a disappointing loan spell at Olympiakos.

Presume Forest are looking for a sale to raise funds. Steve Cooper mentioned that they're in the market for another forward.

On Dennis, the above rules us out and it may turn out to be bad news if he ends up back at Watford.
Ah yeah, I always forget this. He could be a good summer signing though.

Unless his attitude is the problem.

Perhaps his is just shit...
His attitude? Yeah possibly. Was the rumour before he got to Watford as well.

Was the best player on the pitch in first game of our season. Looked a prem player, plus he had a good season even when they were relegated.

He’s exactly what we need. Big strong fast and knows where the goal
Is.

Would be a great loan until end of season.

His attitude? Yeah possibly. Was the rumour before he got to Watford as well.

Was the best player on the pitch in first game of our season. Looked a prem player, plus he had a good season even when they were relegated.
Roy Hodgson talked openly about what a problem he was and his bad attitude causing issues in the dressing room. A no from me.

‪Nottingham forest will accept offers for Emmanuel Dennis this summer #nffc ‬

‪Source @SportsPeteO ‬

Back
Top Bottom