How many in here made it 46/46?

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Oh ffs. He's just curious, as I am. It's not as if he went to every game and was bragging.
The only game i couldn't see was bloody yesterday. Couldn't get a steam, which was annoying, but luckily it didn't matter. Saw most home games but away games are hard now I can't stand for very long.
Next season hope to get to a couple of grounds I haven't been to, but am a bit meh about the Prem.

Nah. Over on 'My Take' he's in on the 'you attended one game in forty six' schtick

If he can't take it, he shouldn't give it.

And his fanclub and a bit weepy-dicked about it as well.

pommpey

Horrid isn't it when someone randomly, for their own personal reasons of spite, descends into a seemingly well-meant post and turns it into a shitfest because they can't just 'scroll by'? If you're saying 'yes' to this then I agree.

I used to credit Silent with a greater integrity and standing on these boards me and him have existed on for some years. But I am always ready to be disappointed.

I guess I should sacrifice whatever life I have built here on the south coast for forty five years and submit massive personal expense and time away from the family to attend as many games as I can just to fulfil his exacting personal requirements to be as huge a Blade as he.

Bellends, will be bellends. Eh, Cheeseboard?

pommpey
Sorry pal, but he's done you up like a kipper!

Right I'm out of here, you can claim victory - I've got to wash my hair.

35 each for me and the lad. I had the chance to go to a couple more away games than him, but it’s about us both going together, so didn’t go.

Missed a handful of home games due to being overseas too.

Happy with that though. 35 is good and we won’t get the opportunity to go to anywhere near the number of away games in the Prem

Good season. Good fun. Great memories
❤️UTB

1/46 due to living in Qatar. Still did more miles than everyone else so do one. Bigger bladey blade me tha knows.

(Managed 17/64 World cup games though)

More miles than everyone else? Not having that. 😉

One of the former london blades has certainly put the miles in this season from what I’ve seen on his social media.

And I’ve technically flown into the UK from Brazil, Guyana, Cyprus, Netherlands, Dubai on numerous occasions and then attended games this season..,. Probably seen 5-10 games.

0/23 away games as I can’t be arsed with the knobheads following Hull city last season

Nah. Over on 'My Take' he's in on the 'you attended one game in forty six' schtick

pommpey
I know, I got it. Tell me it's true
pommpey really is @fallowfield.

The only home game I missed this season was against Reading due to Covid, I had bought tickets for the away game at Luton but missed the game due to the illness. The away games I went to were Boro, Cardiff (new ground for me), Millers, Norwich, Huddersfield and Birmingham so 28/46 for me.
Huh fella?

Bert goes to every home game but sits watching it on his phone.
30 camera angles plus slow motion replays. Bert sees far more and is then able to give an expert opinion on every single subject.

Season ticket holder who missed 3 at home , dont go to away games not fair on leaving missus all day to look after dog, but unlike pommpey id like to know who made all the games not to big up some bladey blade bollox just to see if anyone did it. To be a blade you dont need to attend , stream read every article ever writen you just need to claim to be a blade, some of the most passionate blades i know dont go but live and breathe the club

Bellends, will be bellends. Eh, Cheeseboard?
If you highlight my username it gives me a nudge to reply. It's Cheesebored BTW. You're really having a bad day on here aren't you. Have a cuppa and regather yourself fellow blade.

If you highlight my username it gives me a nudge to reply. It's Cheesebored BTW. You're really having a bad day on here aren't you. Have a cuppa and regather yourself fellow blade.

Can't be fucking bothered to be honest. And yeah, I'm purposefully spelling it wrong. Triggered? That worked.

There's nowt as bad as being hoist by your own petard is there chuck?

pommpey

Huh fella?

Bert goes to every home game but sits watching it on his phone.
30 camera angles plus slow motion replays. Bert sees far more and is then able to give an expert opinion on every single subject.

See? Bert is learning fast.

pommpey

Pommpey, you really can come across as odd and way too intense about meaningless things.

You've seen pretty much every match and provide a way of summarizing them that always generates debate and is greatly appreciated even by the few people who either disagree with you or are surprised by some of your reactions or personality traits.

And then there are people who may think that being there in person is preferrable to just watching on TV. So what?

It's a viewpoint. If you can't be there, don't agree with it, are happy with how it is ... what's the problem? Silent's view in no way invalidates your choices, standing or the respect you are held in.

If anything, your reaction to his view or other dissenters and the almost fanatical urge to always have the last word in discussions make people question you. As I say, it is an odd and repeated pattern.

pommpey
Having just looked, I see Silent Blade tried to wind you up after your match review. Was quite tame but absolute fair enough you didn't like it. Bit of a low blow, in a way.

But, with your pretty intentionally inflammatory posts (including this OTT quip above, and your match reviews) are you really surprised that you sometimes get some snide or negative feedback from other people? Presumably this isn't new for you, because you do like to make bold, edgy statements on a very wide range of topics.

Often seems (to a casual observer) that you're looking for an argument, but often say you don't want to argue. You often make it personal or wind people up until they get personal, but you often say arguments shouldn't get personal.

Just making an observation here because you seem surprised/annoyed about this mild reaction from another long term forum user.

Pommpey, you really can come across as odd and way too intense about meaningless things.

You've seen pretty much every match and provide a way of summarizing them that always generates debate and is greatly appreciated even by the few people who either disagree with you or are surprised by some of your reactions or personality traits.

And then there are people who may think that being there in person is preferrable to just watching on TV. So what?

It's a viewpoint. If you can't be there, don't agree with it, are happy with how it is ... what's the problem? Silent's view in no way invalidates your choices, standing or the respect you are held in.

If anything, your reaction to his view or other dissenters and the almost fanatical urge to always have the last word in discussions make people question you. As I say, it is an odd and repeated pattern.

Maybe it would be fitting if Silent stayed in his own swimlane and stuck out a 'how many games have you been to post?' instead of parachuting into 'My take ...' with a similar cunty comment? As you ... and many others ... have said, it means fuck all. But to some, actual attendance is a badge of validity as a Blade. Or even being able to comment on the match at all. Unless you've been sat in the ground, your opinion is irrelevant. That's the tack. Kinda disqualifies a heck of a lot of people on here does that. In fact it drives a narrative of exclusivity in which if you live overseas or far away or even don't go to the match by choice, you should shut the fuck up about anything United because only those who go to matches can hold the horn.

Silent used to own vast tracts of United internet folklore and credibility as a fount of Blades trivia and facts rivalling even the best. Now I have no idea why he is turning his guns on me. Previously I have held him in high respect but like SItwell, whom I have cohabited boardspace for many years and respected as a fellow Unitedite they seem set on eating their own just for the sake of a fucking arse on a plastic seat.

I don't go 'looking for anyone' on here. I have disagreed with people and expect them to disagree with me and my opinions about SUFC and the football they play. But when it comes down to the stupidity of 'how many games did you physically attend' to earn your fucking wings then it becomes tiresome and the work of wankers.

pommpey

id say ive 25 league + 3 cup games if you consider in person, TV & radio i think ive not missed a game.

but with Family, Work, other interests & fixture tv changes, i dont know how you could attend all 46 games without few compromises & upsetting someone. or getting burnout. as we all love sheff utd ive been to reading & got back 2.30am, i went to blackburn which is 1 of most local games & even then i set off at 10.30am got home at 8pm, when i went to emirates it was 5am & home by 9.30pm. then ive got to go back to work next day

Can't be fucking bothered to be honest. And yeah, I'm purposefully spelling it wrong. Triggered? That worked.

There's nowt as bad as being hoist by your own petard is there chuck?

pommpey
Clearly

1/46 due to living in Qatar. Still did more miles than everyone else so do one. Bigger bladey blade me tha knows.

(Managed 17/64 World cup games though)
Same here. 1/46 due to living in lanzrote.
The 5 2 thrashing of Burnley at the lane.
At the time I remember thinking 'that Kompany bloke is not much of a manager is he!'

MASSIVE BLADE. The biggest. Truly. Hugely bigly.

Does that give the right to anyone over 28 to be cunty in their comments regarding your attendance? Or does it really ... fucking ... matter?

What is your opinion of those who attend no games, don't watch it on streams and don't even listen to it on the radio but read the match reports in the papers? What about those who don't even do that, yet consider themselves to be Sheff Utd supporters. But they have a shirt. It's the 1993 blue third one and the shield badge has been bleached a bit. They wear it for gardening sometimes.

HRT Silent. You can even get it as a wearable patch.

pommpey
Bad night?

I was at every game 'in spirit' so I'm the real winner

#rattled

0_Sheffield-United-v-Wrexham-FC-FA-Cup-Fourth-Round-Replay-07-Feb-2023.jpg

I've had a bit of a pathetic away turnout this season.

HOME GAMES MISSED
Millwall (on holiday)
Burnley (on holiday)
Rotherham (working)

AWAY GAMES ATTENDED
Blackpool
Huddrsfield

CUP GAMES ATTENDED
Wrexham (h)
Spurs (h)
Blackburn (h)
Man City (n)

LEAGUE GAMES
22/46

TOTAL GAMES
26/53

Back
Top Bottom