CONFIRMED Semi Final Date - Sat 22nd 16:45 ko

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

If you had read the whole thread you’d have seen I put a 5:15ko.. that isn’t 2nd guessing.. I also asked the same person yesterday if there was an update as it was taking time to be announced, that’s what they came back with.

I’m not trying to be clever, it’s the nature of my work that I COULD possibly find out when the ko is before others on here.

Why bother to post you say? Maybe because people want to know what’s happening so they can maybe sort out travel, hotel for one night whether it’s before or after the match if they can’t afford two nights.. childcare,

I’m trying to be helpful to people, I’m not just second guessing
Did the person you asked give any indication on when the actual announcement might be?

If you had read the whole thread you’d have seen I put a 5:15ko.. that isn’t 2nd guessing.. I also asked the same person yesterday if there was an update as it was taking time to be announced, that’s what they came back with.

I’m not trying to be clever, it’s the nature of my work that I COULD possibly find out when the ko is before others on here.

Why bother to post you say? Maybe because people want to know what’s happening so they can maybe sort out travel, hotel for one night whether it’s before or after the match if they can’t afford two nights.. childcare,

I’m trying to be helpful to people, I’m not just second guessing
Unless the FA are applying to UEFA for an exemption to the rule 48 black out that will allow them to start televising at 4.45 (and who knows that is what may be causing the delay) then it cannot kick off at 4.45 and be televised. Simple as. To apply for the black out to be lifted, they would need the EFL to agree. For the EFL to agree they would need to hold a special meeting of clubs and for the issue to be on the agenda. Perhaps if you were going for the 4.45 you might want to explain the background as to why it is being allowed rather than the simple one liner.

Unless the FA are applying to UEFA for an exemption to the rule 48 black out that will allow them to start televising at 4.45 (and who knows that is what may be causing the delay) then it cannot kick off at 4.45 and be televised. Simple as. To apply for the black out to be lifted, they would need the EFL to agree. For the EFL to agree they would need to hold a special meeting of clubs and for the issue to be on the agenda. Perhaps if you were going for the 4.45 you might want to explain the background as to why it is being allowed rather than the simple one liner.

I’m not going for the 4:45 as 100% I merely asked someone what the latest was and that’s what they came back with, Maybe the delay is what you’ve mentioned and they are trying to get it clarified.. like I said, I’m only passing this on to be helpful, not just randomly putting stuff on here.

20 years of being a media luvvie

And no, you can’t have L woods Number..

She’s blocked me 😊

It’s the complete lack of communication that irks me. Why not say , the day after the quarter finals , ‘we will not be announcing any semi final details before xx date and if there are any delays to this, we will let you know’. Seeing those semi finals both set at 3.00pm on Sat 22 April on the BBC sport website is really getting on my tits now.

Our match is on Saturday at a time to be announced ,what's the marathon got to do with anything ,it's London it's well capable of holding numerous sporting events .be patient it won't be long before we know the time .
Agree that there’s plenty of capacity to hold the marathon as well.

Big weekend for the BBC to delude themselves that they still cover lots of top class sport.

Be patient, no thanks, I’ve been patient enough

From the Brighton website:

We expect to receive confirmation from the Football Association of the date and time of our FA Cup semi-final later today.

As soon as we receive that confirmation, we will advise supporters. We would expect to go on sale with tickets, very soon after the announcement to the season-ticket holder priority window one.

The earliest we would envisage being on sale, subject to receiving confirmation from The FA, would be 2pm today.

From the Brighton website:

We expect to receive confirmation from the Football Association of the date and time of our FA Cup semi-final later today.

As soon as we receive that confirmation, we will advise supporters. We would expect to go on sale with tickets, very soon after the announcement to the season-ticket holder priority window one.

The earliest we would envisage being on sale, subject to receiving confirmation from The FA, would be 2pm today.
Good to see that we have to rely on other clubs and their PR teams to get our news 😂

It is bizarre that the FA did not have all times and dates already fixed and TV schedules sorted prior to the QF, then the fact there is no communication from them to explain why the delay, it just gives the clubs involved a load of hassle until they confirm the details

The ticket site was down last night at midnight for maintenance. So it could have been to update for Wembley ticket sales. Seems to be consistent with the view an announcement will be made later today.

It is bizarre that the FA did not have all times and dates already fixed and TV schedules sorted prior to the QF, then the fact there is no communication from them to explain why the delay, it just gives the clubs involved a load of hassle until they confirm the details
How could they when they had no idea who would be in the Semi final - there were load of possible combinations of Semi Final match ups

It is bizarre that the FA did not have all times and dates already fixed and TV schedules sorted prior to the QF

How would TV have picked which game they want when they don't even know which teams are going to be playing in it?

Is it the Manchester clubs dictating to the FA or are the TV coverage providers influencing the time table and the delay?

How could they when they had no idea who would be in the Semi final - there were load of possible combinations of Semi Final match ups
Not answering for him but the European games made it more straightforward than normal - before anyone played it was already known that Man U's would have to be on the Sunday, so as soon as they got through and the draw was made we knew the fixture dates. 10 days to confirm a kick off time seems an awful lot of mingeing about by anyone's standards.

The ticket site was down last night at midnight for maintenance. So it could have been to update for Wembley ticket sales. Seems to be consistent with the view an announcement will be made later today.
Websites don't need to be down to update that mate. The work is done before hand and then it's just a click to publish and make it 'Live'

Not answering for him but the European games made it more straightforward than normal - before anyone played it was already known that Man U's would have to be on the Sunday, so as soon as they got through and the draw was made we knew the fixture dates. 10 days to confirm a kick off time seems an awful lot of mingeing about by anyone's standards.

Except we didn't know Man U got through until after the draw, so how you work out that it should be able to schedule it before the quarters is beyond me. If Mitrovic hadn't lost his mind, what then?

Except we didn't know Man U got through until after the draw, so how you work out that it should be able to schedule it before the quarters is beyond me. If Mitrovic hadn't lost his mind, what then?
But they’d know the kick off times for each game. Why would this change depending one who is playing?

The only thing to arrange is which fixture is on which day, which given the fixtures either side of the weekend, is a shoe-in.

Man City site now showing the game as 4:45 kick off on the Saturday.

edit - United confirmed it now too

Eh? Okay mate, as I said 'if Man U got through'. Wait 2 hours until after the draw and they had!

Eh? Okay mate, as I said 'if Man U got through'. Wait 2 hours until after the draw and they had!
That's fine. Paul was indicating it could all have been organised prior to the quarter finals, which is complete bollocks

How would TV have picked which game they want when they don't even know which teams are going to be playing in it?
One game is on Saturday, one is on Sunday. There's only a couple of possible timeslots to use for each regardless of which teams were involved.

The Sunday one being a 4.30 kick-off is pretty-much nailed on as that's the normal time for the day's biggest game and fits with previous seasons. The TV companies probably had the option of an earlier slot if they got a particularly undesirable tie.
Because of the Saturday afternoon TV blackout, Saturday's game has the option of before or after it, the need for extra time and penalties means it would have to start no later than 12.15 to fit them in before 3pm, likewise, potential for extra time and penalties makes anything later than 5.30pm unlikely. So the possible timeslots are known before the draw takes place.

Then the draw happens, Man Utd automatically have to play Sunday because of Europa League.
BBC have first pick of games, that one is the obvious first pick and an attractive game, that's that one sorted almost instantly.
That just leaves the time of ITV showing our game to sort out, which shouldn't take this long.

As it's ended up being 4.45 that must be where the holdup was as that's technically in the blocked hours that you can't show football on TV.

Back
Top Bottom