Heckingbottom out if we don’t go up

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

think they some real cracks starting to show, a new manager would make sure it does not slide, this guy does not know what to do when things do not go right, anyone can manage when things are going well

Christ, I didn't think you were serious.

I think he's probably the best we can have next season if we don't go up, sorry if we finish 3rd, (same thing)
Who else is going to come here, the club can't put a decent team together after being relegated from the Premier League with parachute payments.

The next "fanboy" manager is about 15 years away from being experienced enough

There should be a very strong argument for getting rid of our manager at this point. When we win our performances are at best fucking boring as complete fuck. When we lose its another level of fucking wank it borders on funny

I think he's probably the best we can have next season if we don't go up, sorry if we finish 3rd, (same thing)
Who else is going to come here, the club can't put a decent team together after being relegated from the Premier League with parachute payments.

Not as mad an idea as it sounds.
Heckey was fast tracked through the ranks when nobody was bothered what was happening.
Might work, would it work?
Full of Bladey Bladeyness, recon it would get a majority vote if put to the test. UTB :tumbleweed:

I hoping that the club has joined the current century by then?

Not as mad an idea as it sounds.
Heckey was fast tracked through the ranks when nobody was bothered what was happening.
Might work, would it work?
Full of Bladey Bladeyness, recon it would get a majority vote if put to the test. UTB :tumbleweed:
It wouldn't mine TBH, not the time for this, we need to move away from the blade sh@@e and start to progress as a club.

It wouldn't mine TBH, not the time for this, we need to move away from the blade sh@@e and start to progress as a club.
Humour! might work, relaxes the muscles and brain. Try it some time.
As you say we are only fans or if one has payed prior for a seasons games, a supporter.

Humour! might work, relaxes the muscles and brain. Try it some time.
As you say we are only fans or if one has payed prior for a seasons games, a supporter.
Try it at some other club first would be my advice?

All I’m saying is there is a manager available who recently managed our promotion rivals

All I’m saying is there is a manager available who recently managed our promotion rivals
And the reason they are our promotion rival is because the ‘available manager’ got sacked and Carrick took over. Unless you’re referring to Dean Smith? 😜

I am concerned but the big question is who replaces him? Owner wanting out, big question mark re the Dozy guy in terms of how credible is he. Serious question if we don't go up who with any serious credentials would want this job? Be a fire sale if we don't go up ... UTB
Harry Redknapp.
Sean Dyche.

think they some real cracks starting to show, a new manager would make sure it does not slide, this guy does not know what to do when things do not go right, anyone can manage when things are going well

You’re right of course, just like at Chelsea….

We will see where we are at the end of the season there are many games left to make a difference. I do think that any club in any division who fail to go up after the lead we have the manager would be in trouble talking his way out of quicksand.

The manager has the same players at his disposal now as he did when storming to a 14 point gap to 3rd place.
He rightly got all the credit.
He is deseving of all the pelters if we fail.
The owner situation is completely irrelevant.

wilder or big sam
Changing the manager whilst in principle a brilliant idea won't happen purely based on cost. There was no money available for the likes of Archer so there is zero chance of a new MANAGER.

I think we are now seeing Heckingbottom for what he really is. A failed Manager wherever he’s been. A 14 point lead being whittled away. Clueless substitutions, baffling tactics, lack of motivation, no plan B when A fails. A porous defence, soft midfield. Not dropping players who need dropping. Picking players who should not even be in the squad never mind the team. The performance today was fucking awful. Wednesdays not much better. Can you imagine him giving the players a bollocking? I don’t. We will get into the playoffs but we will fuck it up as usual. Rinse, repeat next season. And the insanity of a five year contract. Did they learn anything from giving Ian Porterfield a ten year contract?

If we don't go up, we won't be aiming for promotion next season.
It's going to be a total shitshow.

Heckingbottom would probably be the best we could hope for in that situation.
Think we'll be a lot like Huddersfield have been this year.

Don't need to, tried in two world wars.
Members come on here to express opinions not give advice unless asked for.
Apologies, I was responding to the "Not as mad an idea as it sounds." post TBH.

My view, FWIW, is that when Hecky was appointed, it reeked of a cheap option. After the failed experiment with Slav, it felt to me as if the owner had picked a 'patsy' to manage the club, someone who wouldn't ruffle feathers or seriously challenge board decisions. Maybe that's part of the deal, manage the team but don't ask questions. When Hecky has been asked about transfer budgets and recently about the embargo, that's how it seems.

I think to everyone's surprise, he's actually done a really good job thus far. Results, as they say, speak for themselves.

However, there are now a few doubts creeping in. His apparent inability or hesitancy to change things. TBF he switched to a diamond formation during the Boro game, so a plan B of sorts, however it didn't make any difference. There are growing concerns regarding performances. I think the last all round team performance was Burnley at home and other than that, there have been maybe half a dozen games where the team has played to it's full capacity. Under Wilder it felt like the team were playing to capacity almost every game, so maybe we'd just been spoilt and this is actually the norm?

I must admit, I fail to see what Osborn brings to the team. I'm not one who normally singles out individuals, but he seems out of his depth most of the time. To me, ANY other option, injuries notwithstanding, would be an improvement, Brooks, Arblaster, Coulibaly... take your pick.

If this takeover finally goes through, it would not surprise me, regardless of what league we're playing in next season, if the new owner hires a new manager. Only then will we know if the grass was greener or is it better the devil you know.

4 days ago there was no threads like this … fickle as fck
Not fickle at all. Many posters have acknowledged results have disguised poor performances for weeks and we are now facing a watershed.
If we beat Watford the boost that would give could restart our season . Lose and we know the outcome. Being pragmatic and realistic isn't fickle whatsoever.

Not fickle at all. Many posters have acknowledged results have disguised poor performances for weeks and we are now facing a watershed.
If we beat Watford the boost that would give could restart our season . Lose and we know the outcome. Being pragmatic and realistic isn't fickle whatsoever.
It’s funny what people perceive as a poor performance..
I’ve seen some subpar results this season but no really poor performances.
Maybe Rotherham at home comes closest to fitting that description.

There again, once upon a time I witnessed the trauma of Blades 0-5 Oldham Athletic.
Now that really was a pissing up against a wall watershed performance.

It’s funny what people perceive as a poor performance..
I’ve seen some subpar results this season but no really poor performances.
Maybe Rotherham at home comes closest to fitting that description.

There again, once upon a time I witnessed the trauma of Blades 0-5 Oldham Athletic.
Now that really was a pissing up against a wall watershed performance.
Mmm post WC most performances have been sub standard and reuslts have hidden that. There's no hiding place anymore.

Back
Top Bottom