Heckingbottom out if we don’t go up

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Wasn't happy with that starring line up today. Knew as soon as I saw it there'd be no creativity or urgency to go forward for the first 45 mins. You need McAtee or Ndiaye in the starting line up, every game.

That, and awful defending, ultimately cost us 3 points.

Usually start the game brightly then fade .Today started half asleep in shock then woke up late in the game.
We are all over the place Hecky has to take some responsibility for this.

I was not surprised by today's result. We had a day less than Millwall to recover from our midweek game and we had to travel down earlier thasn normal, I assume, because of the early kick off. We have been nursing some players with injuries and we didn't need the two extra cups games. Hecky warned of the type of approach Millwall would make and he was right. The Blades started like they had travelled down this morning and the first half was painful to watch apart from our goal. A lot better second half but what shocking defending for all three goals. The first from one of our attacks and twenty seconds later the ball is in our net - our midfield, including Lowe, all caught upfield. Second one was due to Basham getting beaten in centre midfield and, like Boro did, they were direct in running at our back line. Third from a free kick, a simple glanced header by their forward but where were the defender(s) covering the runner. Why wasn't he picked up? The player hit a great early cross across the 6 yard boxbut he was under no pressure at all. Hopefully with a week off, the players will be up for next Saturday's match.

I was not surprised by today's result. We had a day less than Millwall to recover from our midweek game and we had to travel down earlier thasn normal, I assume, because of the early kick off. We have been nursing some players with injuries and we didn't need the two extra cups games. Hecky warned of the type of approach Millwall would make and he was right. The Blades started like they had travelled down this morning and the first half was painful to watch apart from our goal. A lot better second half but what shocking defending for all three goals. The first from one of our attacks and twenty seconds later the ball is in our net - our midfield, including Lowe, all caught upfield. Second one was due to Basham getting beaten in centre midfield and, like Boro did, they were direct in running at our back line. Third from a free kick, a simple glanced header by their forward but where were the defender(s) covering the runner. Why wasn't he picked up? The player hit a great early cross across the 6 yard boxbut he was under no pressure at all. Hopefully with a week off, the players will be up for next Saturday's match.
What was the excuse against Boro?

Fuck me, we'll be lucky to make the play offs at this rate. Me and a couple of others have been calling it for what it is for weeks now, only to get shouted down. We are nowhere near as good as what a lot of you think we are. We've been sussed out and I can't see us winning another game before the end of the season.
🤣🤣🤣

It is similar to the Wilder system but not the same the centre backs aren’t over lapping into midfield the sideway passing isn’t as prevalent we’re better at free kicks and corners, not as steady at the back also not as aggressive all over but nicer football imo when we’re playing well.

My prediction from April 2022 - hoping it doesn’t come true as it will mean we fuck promotion up. A year on and we are still having problems with injuries.

Attachments

• B5278617-16D3-496A-A923-907924F9DB9F.png
    B5278617-16D3-496A-A923-907924F9DB9F.png
    928.8 KB · Views: 52
I've never known so many fans hoping for any excuse to get rid of a manager they've hated regardless of how well he does.

I see anyone could do a better job with these world class players again, despite almost every player being crap according to recent threads. But best squad in the league again.

Some of you need to support Man City because you expect to win every week and play like Barcelona.

Sone of you need to get in the bin.

It is similar to the Wilder system but not the same the centre backs aren’t over lapping into midfield the sideway passing isn’t as prevalent we’re better at free kicks and corners, not as steady at the back also not as aggressive all over but nicer football imo when we’re playing well.
Agree with all that except the football was much better to watch under Wilder for me (in League One and Championship). I find us quite boring this year apart from the odd flash.

If we are in the Championship next season it won’t matter who managers us next season.. we are foooked
Yep, should be interesting though (what a @@@@ up by the current owner and manager though) but what will be will be and we move on.

Fuck me, we'll be lucky to make the play offs at this rate. Me and a couple of others have been calling it for what it is for weeks now, only to get shouted down. We are nowhere near as good as what a lot of you think we are. We've been sussed out and I can't see us winning another game before the end of the season.
You don’t think we will win another game until the end of the season🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

I've never known so many fans hoping for any excuse to get rid of a manager they've hated regardless of how well he does.

I see anyone could do a better job with these world class players again, despite almost every player being crap according to recent threads. But best squad in the league again.

Some of you need to support Man City because you expect to win every week and play like Barcelona.

That is bollox. Man City, Real Madrid, etc. The fans have every right to vent their frustrations, we have a owner that needed to somehow find something with to improve the squad in Jan and a manager that is now watching a different game from most people (whilst I agree with his assessment of the defending of the goals, he doesn't really answer the questions posed to him regarding the performance overall over the last two games, which he can't because it is his team and his tactics).

That is bollox. Man City, Real Madrid, etc. The fans have every right to vent their frustrations, we have a owner that needed to somehow find something with to improve the squad in Jan and a manager that is now watching a different game from most people (whilst I agree with his assessment of the defending of the goals, he doesn't really answer the questions posed to him regarding the performance overall over the last two games, which he can't because it is his team and his tactics).
But a manager who had us on autos form last season? One who has us still in second? One who has only been allowed to buy one player? One who has had an injury crisis for most of the season? A manager operating under an embargo? A manager not supported by the Board? In a season of the owner trying to sell us to sooty and sweep?

That's another problem, Long made 2/3 good saves. We have a keeper that doesn't. If the defenders make a mistake it inevitably ends in the back of the net, Wes not good enough to rescue the defensive errors that happen. Not having a go but I said we needed a better Goalkeeper before the season Started and if we do go up it should be the first position that needs addressing.
Agreed, today Long pulled of a very good near post deflection in the second half. Similarly Wes was easily beaten by a near post shot for the first.

But a manager who had us on autos form last season? One who has us still in second? One who has only been allowed to buy one player? One who has had an injury crisis for most of the season? A manager operating under an embargo? A manager not supported by the Board? In a season of the owner trying to sell us to sooty and sweep?
I don't disagree with anything that you have stated, just don't have a go at the fans for asking questions or being slightly pissed off at the last two performances and telling people to watch Man City, etc instead is just bollox.

TBH, lets just see how the current manager now performs under the pressure, because it is now we will see what he can really do or not do?

lot of overreaction going on here tonight.

We may have beaten Burnley but their form suggests it was an anomaly. They’re absolutely fucking immense, and a far better side than us and they deserve to win the league.

I believe it’s their relentless form and perhaps a desire to be the best that is distorting the reality; that is to say we’re in excellent position to go up and we’re still in the drivers seat.

All teams have a wobble in form at some point, it’s a 46 game season. A couple of wins and all of this will be forgotten.

If we don't go up we need someone who can get a tune out of scraps.

If will be a rebuild job and most likely very little money to work with.

Berge and Iliman will be off so only hope would be some money might be re-invested.

Unfortunately, if the Blades stop in the Championship for next season you could be right. :(
If we don't go up we need someone who can get a tune out of scraps.

If will be a rebuild job and most likely very little money to work with.

Berge and Iliman will be off so only hope would be some money might be re-invested.
TBH CPB, I think that it may be worse than that. I think that we can see the likes of Berge, Liman, Egan (not that bothered about that though TBH), Bogle , Anel being sold to pay the debt and and somehow keep the club solvent.

It is always a ride supporting this club, but we can doing nothing about it as fans.

We have been screaming out for a couple of strikers all season, not getting some in during the January window will see us in the playoffs.

If someone genuinely offered £20m for Berge, we should have snatched their hand off, sorted the embargo and done some business 😬

Oh look at me, the biggest clapper in the world!!

TBH CPB, I think that it may be worse than that. I think that we can see the likes of Berge, Liman, Egan (not that bothered about that though TBH), Bogle , Anel being sold to pay the debt and and somehow keep the club solvent.

It is always a ride supporting this club, but we can doing nothing about it as fans.
Oh yeah for sure. Probably a bit of a firesale for sure.

But equally we could still go up and that would help our finances.

Course a new owner could change this whatever division but can't get excited about Dozy. It ain't adding up for me at min.

I think we are now seeing Heckingbottom for what he really is. A failed Manager wherever he’s been. A 14 point lead being whittled away. Clueless substitutions, baffling tactics, lack of motivation, no plan B when A fails. A porous defence, soft midfield. Not dropping players who need dropping. Picking players who should not even be in the squad never mind the team. The performance today was fucking awful. Wednesdays not much better. Can you imagine him giving the players a bollocking? I don’t. We will get into the playoffs but we will fuck it up as usual. Rinse, repeat next season. And the insanity of a five year contract. Did they learn anything from giving Ian Porterfield a ten year contract?

This gets my vote for the most pathetic and negative post of the year so far, two defeats and you’re looking to get rid of the manager that has taken us to automatic spot? Where were you when we were on that run? When we beat Burnley 5-2? No, you were under your stone waiting to post that shite. Unbelievable.

Back
Top Bottom