Heckingbottom out if we don’t go up

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

This gets my vote for the most pathetic and negative post of the year so far, two defeats and you’re looking to get rid of the manager that has taken us to automatic spot? Where were you when we were on that run? When we beat Burnley 5-2? No, you were under your stone waiting to post that shite. Unbelievable.
Once again ITS A FORUM!!!! ITS AN OPINION!!! Do I call your posts Shite? No I don’t because I respect other peoples views whether I agree with them or not. If I don’t agree with them I may reply but with courtesy and respect. I suggest you do the same. Disagree with me by all means but do it in the right way please.

Hecky has the best win percentage of any permanent manager in our entire history.

And it's not even close.
Heckingbottom is no worse a manager than the day he talked to his team, 2 one down to Burnley at half time a few months ago and Robbo was being vilified on here: two mistakes and he's the worst signing ever, one goal later we always knew he was excellent and oh!Jack and Oli, the hard men of the team, weighing in with goals and United win 5 2.
Decent manager: well done Paul H. Clapping hands😇🍀❤️as I write.

You can judge him as the manager who achieved the fourteen point lead in the first place, or by the the last two results.
Or after the season is complete, which I think most sensible people will.

Heckingbottom is no worse a manager than the day he talked to his team, 2 one down to Burnley at half time a few months ago and Robbo was being vilified on here: two mistakes and he's the worst signing ever, one goal later we always knew he was excellent and oh!Jack and Oli, the hard men of the team, weighing in with goals and United win 5 2.
Decent manager: well done Paul H. Clapping hands😇🍀❤️as I write.
Let's just wait until the end of the season for plaudits?

Once again ITS A FORUM!!!! ITS AN OPINION!!! Do I call your posts Shite? No I don’t because I respect other peoples views whether I agree with them or not. If I don’t agree with them I may reply but with courtesy and respect. I suggest you do the same. Disagree with me by all means but do it in the right way please.

OK, I apologise, but your post was utter shite.

OK, I apologise, but your post was utter shite.
Apology accepted thanks. Don’t call my posts shite again please. If you disagree, fine, if you think they’re shite, fine, but please keep that certain view to yourself. It just causes antagonism and no winner arguments like this one.

Apology accepted thanks. Don’t call my posts shite again please. If you disagree, fine, if you think they’re shite, fine, but please keep that certain view to yourself. It just causes antagonism and no winner arguments like this one.

OK, let’s agree to differ, if such an occasion occurs again, I’ll let you write my script..

Fuck me, we'll be lucky to make the play offs at this rate. Me and a couple of others have been calling it for what it is for weeks now, only to get shouted down. We are nowhere near as good as what a lot of you think we are. We've been sussed out and I can't see us winning another game before the end of the season.
This has to be satire. Surely??

That is bollox. Man City, Real Madrid, etc. The fans have every right to vent their frustrations, we have a owner that needed to somehow find something with to improve the squad in Jan and a manager that is now watching a different game from most people (whilst I agree with his assessment of the defending of the goals, he doesn't really answer the questions posed to him regarding the performance overall over the last two games, which he can't because it is his team and his tactics).
To be honest I can't disagree too much with his assessment of the last 2 matches.

He said we could have been out of sight Vs Boro within first 20mins. But then let them back and weren't at our best 2nd half.

Today he said we didn't lay a glove on Millwall first half. But did do much better 2nd half. However the defending for their 2nd and 3rd was poor and that's what cost us.

Why do people think somehow this team ‘should’ get promotion? Some even saying Hecky should ‘easily’ get promotion with this team?
3 teams came from the premier league into this division last summer with more money, bigger squads and better players.
Our best player last season was a loanee who left us and signed for Forest before this season started.
Our squad is ageing, and injury-prone.
They looked like a league 1 side in most of their last 50 games in the premier league, and when Slav was in charge.
Nobody has ever wanted to buy any of them unless we were offering a bargain.
Our owner isn’t particularly rich.
We don’t have any Kyle Walkers in the academy ready to light up the division.
There are 24 teams: 22 of them will miss out on automatic promotion.

I find the idea that the manager ‘should’ get us promoted easily unrealistic. Getting promoted would be an incredible achievement - the only thing that’s ever pointed to it becoming a possibility has been the impressive overachievement of getting us to a promotion position with a substantial lead over 22 of the other 23 teams.

There’s 1, possibly 2 other clubs in the championship who wouldn’t want to swap places with us tonight. 21 other clubs would love to be in our position and can only dream of their manager having such a brilliant season so far.

I think we are now seeing Heckingbottom for what he really is. A failed Manager wherever he’s been. A 14 point lead being whittled away. Clueless substitutions, baffling tactics, lack of motivation, no plan B when A fails. A porous defence, soft midfield. Not dropping players who need dropping. Picking players who should not even be in the squad never mind the team. The performance today was fucking awful. Wednesdays not much better. Can you imagine him giving the players a bollocking? I don’t. We will get into the playoffs but we will fuck it up as usual. Rinse, repeat next season. And the insanity of a five year contract. Did they learn anything from giving Ian Porterfield a ten year contract?
Middlesbrough have won 12 of their last 14 games. That's 2.6ppg.
Impossible not to lose points on them in reality.

Their 2 defeats were Burnley and arch-rivals, Sunderland.

Expressing concern about recent results is not "bedwetting." The fact is we've conceded 6 goals in 4 days against 2 other top 6 sides. That is cause for concern. The 2 performances have been well below what we should expect. It's natural that fans are concerned about this, and worried that going forward we might see more of the same.

Watford next weekend is huge. If we can bounce back and deliver a convincing win, then maybe this has been a "blip" and we can calm down a bit. If we play like we did vs Boro, and for big stretches today, and lose again, it's really, really worrying.

I don't disagree with anything that you have stated, just don't have a go at the fans for asking questions or being slightly pissed off at the last two performances and telling people to watch Man City, etc instead is just bollox.

TBH, lets just see how the current manager now performs under the pressure, because it is now we will see what he can really do or not do?
Sorry, it wasn't really aimed at you but the people on the thread who can't wait for the manager to fail.

I admit I ain't a big fan of PH but left in the position he was by the owner he made a better than a good fist of it.
Even the hic up of the World Cup didn't faze United, so good on him for that.
Since the World Cup though there has been a slow, if not a almost undecipherable decline in both team plans and individual decisions, which have culminated in the
present position.
The irking part of this is, after an indifferent start, to the season United picked up, got results whilst playing some nice and on the floor football, establishing themselves in a great position for promotion.
Somehow and for a while now the football has been kick and rush for the most when the players are more than capable of good football. This can only be attributed to the manager.
Sadly, don't recon
United will be able to reverse the decline but as always it's the HOPE that kills. Kicking the subs board, not the first time this has happened, water bottle previously. Petulant, Mardy, Childish.
Don't tell me other managers do it, Mourinho etc., I know but at least they get results but even that don't make it right.
What ever he will be here for the duration, contract fulfilment, so I'll hunker down again to the spasmodic glimpses of success thrown my way over the last seventy five years.:(

If he can't get us up from this position with these players in this championship he 100% can't get us up next season

He's little more than a caretaker manager who's been largely carried by a good experienced squad
Funny how he has got the squad playing and Jokanovic couldn't. Also many of the players are those who came down from the Prem absolutely battered.
Another nonesense thread, while we are in an auto position.
Makes deluded pigs look normal this stuff.

Rubbish , the pressure he is under, I think he is doing a good job. Two bad results don't make a season. Time to reflect and recharge the batteries go again next week.

Funny how he has got the squad playing and Jokanovic couldn't. Also many of the players are those who came down from the Prem absolutely battered.
Another nonesense thread, while we are in an auto position.
Makes deluded pigs look normal this stuff.
Jokanovic picked a formation and system and hoped to bring in players to utilise it. He didn't get them and tried fitting square pegs into round holes to force his formation and system to work. It didn't and he was sacked as a result.

Hecky didn't do anything unique, clever or innovative. He just deployed Wilder's formation and tactics as he had the players to do this. Unfortunately this is all he knows and has shown time and time again that when the going gets tough, he doesn't know how to change things tactically in matches. He just subs like for like players, though more often than not his subs are baffling or too late, or he predictably brings on an extra stiker with 10 mins to go when chasing results from behind.

He's not a tactical genius, he's just a cheap Chris Wilder copycat yes man for the owner, but with half the footballing brain and is too nice to his players. They need a bollocking but instead he'll just put an arm round them, tell them they were great for 20 minutes out of the 90 and keep picking them. He's a coach, not a manager or tactician.

Last edited:
You can judge him as the manager who achieved the fourteen point lead in the first place, or by the the last two results.
The great Bill Shankly said you are only as good as your last game. It was that mentality that turned Liverpool FC into the powerhouse that they became. Follow that mentality and we will be fine. Ignore it and we will fail.

The great Bill Shankly said you are only as good as your last game. It was that mentality that turned Liverpool FC into the powerhouse that they became. Follow that mentality and we will be fine. Ignore it and we will fail.
Well I hope against Watford we're not as good as we were today!

We’ve lost 2 games. Has anyone (apart from FallowfieldBlade) ever called for a manager to be sacked when we’re 2nd in the table?
Madness

ye of little faith
I hate comments like this. Yes we are 2nd but what about the bloody gap. We should be cruising it like Burnley but instead we are now in a battle to keep 2nd.

What’s happened? Why have we been playing crap for the last two months. I just think this is when true colours are shown and while yes he is managing a team in 2nd place he is also managing our implosion. Surely after Middlesbrough we should have played our best team to make sure we beat Millwall. Instead he has Basham(out of form) and Jack Robinson who while has been ok is not as good as Anel or Clark.
Midfield is a disaster. Why is he playing Berge for 90 mins when he actually puts a 5 minute shift in. Why does he keep using Osborn?

It’s astonishing how Utd can fuck it up like this. Even the ownership crap is a joke. We should have signed a couple of players to help take us over the line but couldn’t.

Hecky and the board! Things never bloody change.

Jokanovic picked a formation and system and hoped to bring in players to utilise it. He didn't get them and tried fitting square pegs into round holes to force his formation and system to work. It didn't and he was sacked as a result.

Hecky didn't do anything unique, clever or innovative. He just deployed Wilder's formation and tactics as he had the players to do this. Unfortunately this is all he knows and has shown time and time again that when the going gets tough, he doesn't know how to change things tactically in matches. He just subs like for like players, though more often than not his subs are baffling or too late, or he predictably brings on an extra stiker with 10 mins to go when chasing results from behind.

He's not a tactical genius, he's just a cheap Chris Wilder copycat yes man for the owner, but with half the footballing brain and is too nice to his players. They need a bollocking but instead he'll just put an arm round them, tell them they were great for 20 minutes out of the 90 and keep picking them. He's a coach, not a manager or tactician.
So, he's doing the best with the players we've got?
You don't know what goes on in the changing room.
Today wasn't lost on tactics, it was lost on errors by players who have played well for us for a long time.

If we had money for a rebuild I would defo look to replace in the summer, not because I think Hecky is necessarily a bad manager but because I think we need an entire culture change in the way we play, we are still playing a form of Wilder Ball (but without the dynamic overlapping Centre backs and the trickery of a Duffy). it’s built around a squad of players who can pretty much only play that way.

I would like to see a new set of players built to play 4-4-2 or 4-3-3 with pacy options up top Under a new upcoming manager poached from elsewhere. 5-3-2 has had its day now we have been worked out.

However all is this is mute as we are potless, almost certainly going to be under an embargo, and possibly looking at a points deduction to start next season... so in that case might as well stick with Hecky as we are not going to attract anyone better.

I still think we will be promoted but Heckingbottom and Southgate are both very lucky as in the players are the ones keeping them in a job. Both nice guys but should not be managing the teams they are at the moment. A decent Manager and we are clear of Burnley and The England team are European and world champions. Sack him now not knee jerk check my posts. NOT GOOD ENOUGH

Back
Top Bottom