Heckingbottom out if we don’t go up

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Hillsboro Blade

Reaction score
I think we are now seeing Heckingbottom for what he really is. A failed Manager wherever he’s been. A 14 point lead being whittled away. Clueless substitutions, baffling tactics, lack of motivation, no plan B when A fails. A porous defence, soft midfield. Not dropping players who need dropping. Picking players who should not even be in the squad never mind the team. The performance today was fucking awful. Wednesdays not much better. Can you imagine him giving the players a bollocking? I don’t. We will get into the playoffs but we will fuck it up as usual. Rinse, repeat next season. And the insanity of a five year contract. Did they learn anything from giving Ian Porterfield a ten year contract?

I think we are now seeing Heckingbottom for what he really is. A failed Manager wherever he’s been. A 14 point lead being whittled away. Clueless substitutions, baffling tactics, lack of motivation, no plan B when A fails. A porous defence, soft midfield. Not dropping players who need dropping. Picking players who should not even be in the squad never mind the team. The performance today was fucking awful. Wednesdays not much better. Can you imagine him giving the players a bollocking? I don’t. We will get into the playoffs but we will fuck it up as usual. Rinse, repeat next season. And the insanity of a five year contract. Did they learn anything from giving Ian Porterfield a ten year contract?
The only player he signed permanently was Anel and he was recommended by Jack Lester, and signed because he wanted to work with Jack Lester again.

The same manager that got us that 14 point lead in the first place. It’s football, get over it.

I am concerned but the big question is who replaces him? Owner wanting out, big question mark re the Dozy guy in terms of how credible is he. Serious question if we don't go up who with any serious credentials would want this job? Be a fire sale if we don't go up ... UTB

The first half was awful , second half was much better, long made 2-3 very good saves , we created a fair few chances 2nd half, Millwall never gave up to their credit, but that wasn't a terrible performance, we were worse at Swansea, Cardiff, Rotherham, QPR, Wrexham, Luton, but the late goals in half of those paper over the cracks

Fuck me, we'll be lucky to make the play offs at this rate. Me and a couple of others have been calling it for what it is for weeks now, only to get shouted down. We are nowhere near as good as what a lot of you think we are. We've been sussed out and I can't see us winning another game before the end of the season.

If he can't get us up from this position with these players in this championship he 100% can't get us up next season

He's little more than a caretaker manager who's been largely carried by a good experienced squad
He was given a squad that was set up for one formation and set of tactics and stuck with it. When it works it works, when it doesn't he doesn't know what to do or doesn't even try to change it. He just hopes that the likes of Bogle or Ndiaye can pull off an inspirational moment of individual brilliance to change the game. He's a limited manager with no tactical nuance about him and he's being found out by other teams who have learned how to shut down plan A, and realised that we have no plan B. He's been flattered by this squad and tactics that he inherited from Wilder. Whilst I am not calling for him to be sacked, I don't rate Hecky and never have done. I'll give him credit for getting us up this high but he is very limited and blames everything but himself. Injuries. The training pitch. Match officials. The media. It's never his fault.

McAtee wasn’t a bad sub today.

If he can't get us up from this position with these players in this championship he 100% can't get us up next season

He's little more than a caretaker manager who's been largely carried by a good experienced squad
Bit harsh, he's carrying the club at the moment as the board and owners have gone AWOL
He needed help in the JTW with 2 or 3 additions, instead we lost a player.
If/when we fail this season, I'm blaming the owners

Bit harsh, he's carrying the club at the moment as the board and owners have gone AWOL
He needed help in the JTW with 2 or 3 additions, instead we lost a player.
If/when we fail this season, I'm blaming the owners
I will too to be fair

Because up until the transfer window, at which point 2 decent signings should have been an absolute given, he had managed to average 2 points a game at the end of the day

The first half was awful , second half was much better, long made 2-3 very good saves , we created a fair few chances 2nd half, Millwall never gave up to their credit, but that wasn't a terrible performance, we were worse at Swansea, Cardiff, Rotherham, QPR, Wrexham, Luton, but the late goals in half of those paper over the cracks
Yeah we weren't great but we didn't deserve to lose on second half performance bar the individual mistakes imo

Don’t forget Bristol ( jeez that was a
Robbery) Wigan Blackpool and Preston

We’ve lost 2 games. Has anyone (apart from FallowfieldBlade) ever called for a manager to be sacked when we’re 2nd in the table?
Madness
I reckon we will see LG1 before the PL.
ye of little faith

That's another problem, Long made 2/3 good saves. We have a keeper that doesn't. If the defenders make a mistake it inevitably ends in the back of the net, Wes not good enough to rescue the defensive errors that happen. Not having a go but I said we needed a better Goalkeeper before the season Started and if we do go up it should be the first position that needs addressing.

We’ve lost 2 games. Has anyone (apart from FallowfieldBlade) ever called for a manager to be sacked when we’re 2nd in the table?
Madness

ye of little faith
I haven’t asked for him to be sacked now. Happy for him to continue if we go up. But if we squander a 14 point lead and don’t go up, I’m sorry, he’s got to go. Just my opinion.

He galvanised the club and got everyone on the same page. Made the obvious decision to revert back to 3-5-2. Has developed and improved the younger players.

His in game management is weird and often weakens us though. Changes shape when we are dominating. Doesn't when our shape is weakening us. Often subs off and on the wrong players. He won't be sacked given his results and the financial situation.

Stevie Wonder could get Sheffield United promoted with this squad. Hecky is living off Wilder's system and tactics. He's yet to think outside the box and actually implement something that is his idea. It absolutely fucks me off that people think he's a good manager just because he reverted to a 5 at the back. I actually think Hecky has a stronger squad than we did in the Premier League. It's outrageous

We narrowly beat Wrexham in the cup, over two legs. Every time we score, we sit back. The Boro game was a prime example of that. First 10 minutes they were there for the taking. Tactically inept.

We used to dominate teams week in week out, I actually can't remember the last time we dominated a few games in a row and deservedly won. Genuinely think it's been a miracle we're in second place. We wouldn't be if Carrick had started the season at Boro.

Back
Top Bottom