Please batter Wrexham

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

I reckon they'll get to the Championship.

They'll go straight through League 2 next season. Spend 2 to 3 in League 1 then be in Championship.

Not sure they will get that far I think League 1 might be their limit but I could be wrong.

I quite like what's happening with them. If it happened to us then we wouldn't be complaining. I'm a sucker for an underdog and it's a great story. The owners genuinely seem to give a toss about their club and buying a non-league club is less of a financial risk and burden than an established league team.

It's just typical that when we finally got rid of McWobblegob we got a Saudi Prince with no money. That said, I'm still happier with how things have been under HRH than under McCabe.

McCabe took us from the Premier League, trying to stay up by spending peanuts (£20mil for transfer fees, agents fees and wages), and took us down to League One and the verge of administration. The Prince took us from League One to the Premier League and made us financially stable, not spending beyond our means (well, before whatever went wrong to cause the embargo, though I suspect selling Berge was always the plan for the missing payments).

Not sure why this is getting under peoples skins, this is what the FA cup is about! Over the years I fell out of love with the competition but this year has seen some upsets and Id be lying if said I wasn't enjoying it. If it wasn't for the Blades playing em Id be rooting for them to smash the higher teams as that's the magic of the FA cup (your lying to yourself if you disagree)

We know the press treats us like we are non existent and other teams fans despise us but so what? We are Blades and no likes us, I am ok with that!

So I am happy for Wrexham and their fans, our response to this is not a good look to be honest and we should do better!

The officials were poor at Wrexham they will probably still get the breaks at The Lane. The powers that be would love to see the Spurs go to Wrexham.

i thought wrexham played really well yesterday and deserved to win the game was impressed with em but think theyve blown their chance now theres no way we will play as badly in the replay as we did yesterday proper surface will favour us and doubt we will be giving away as many chances for them to launch that long throw in to our box plus with the tottenham home draw in round 5 i think we will put a near first team out

Mate I think you need to chill out. Jealousy's a bad thing. We're not the only lowly team to have had rich backers and we're still non-league remember. Can't take promotion for granted the way Notts County are playing. Yesterday was a cracking game and let's look forward to the replay. As for the Wrexham AFC twitter post about playing Spurs, if you'd drawn with Dorking Wanderers or Maidenhead United yesterday and they posted that I'm sure you'd have seen it for what it is... A bit of a laugh. Anyway, you'll most probably batter us next week. We've had our chance and got no defenders left. How much do you want for John Egan? Joke.
There is that arrogance again though.Why am I jealous ? I’m more than happy supporting Sheff utd.

My word these twats are cocky for a team that’s been playing non league for 15 years.Already talking like they are playing spurs.Into them blades.
Yes really hope we batter these twats .... why does everyone creep round these so called celebrities.... fuck em! Get a proper job!

There is that arrogance again though.Why am I jealous ? I’m more than happy supporting Sheff utd.
You're a beaut. You're about nine wins away from getting into the Premier League and you're obsessed by a non league team. It's a bad look for a fan of a team of your size, history and calibre. One of the giants of English football for over 100 years and you're spouting off about Wrexham. See you next week at the Lane for the replay if you can be arsed making the five hour round trip like we are. I'm sure you'll be there.

The cockyness is a manifestation in other clubs fans minds though? There's undoubted jealousy as well.
I can't see anyone on our forum etc taking it we're playing Spurs?
People might not like the coverage Ryan Reynolds got on MOTD but at the end of the day it is a fairytrale story at Wrexham. A film star taking over! The club being run down by property developers who wanted the land . Asset stripped Administaration. Points deducted. Relegations etc

I can't see anyone 'cocky' on our boards
I’d say bored of you not jealous. A “ film star”, oooooooohh

I reckon they'll get to the Championship.

They'll go straight through League 2 next season. Spend 2 to 3 in League 1 then be in Championship.

There's definitely potential there, but the higher you go, the deeper pockets your board needs.

As has already been said, Salford are a similar story, and before them Fleetwood had a dabble.

Put six past the twats see how Reynolds likes that.

Welcome to the Lane cocky bastards…

Reynolds will be gone as quick as he arrived taking his money with him…you’ll see

I quite like Rob McElhenney, and don't mind Ryan Reynolds either. It's nice that they are enthusiastic, and I don't doubt that they have genuinely good intentions. The problem is that they have a limit to their wealth, and eventually the ascent will run out of steam. Unfortunately, football fans are entitled, fickle bastards, and the well of goodwill will quickly run dry when the momentum stalls, which will come as a horrible shock to the owners. It'll be interesting to see what happens at that stage.
Look, I’m a Blade but I can see clearly what this Hollywood pair bring to the party. They might not have endless pots of money, like the very questionable Saudi wealth fund (much celebrated at Newcastle), but they are enablers who have created a huge media interest in a tin pot little team who’ve been dormant for years. This type of publicity is absolutely priceless and In a short space of time at Wrexham they have put a smile on many peoples faces which I applaud. If they weren’t playing my beloved Blades, I’d probably be cheering them on from my sofa.

You're a beaut. You're about nine wins away from getting into the Premier League and you're obsessed by a non league team. It's a bad look for a fan of a team of your size, history and calibre. One of the giants of English football for over 100 years and you're spouting off about Wrexham. See you next week at the Lane for the replay if you can be arsed making the five hour round trip like we are. I'm sure you'll be there.
Just made my point ,we’re 9 wins away from the prem but I’m supposedly jealous.Obsessed ? No , I just want to beat you in the replay.Yeh I’ll be going.Fancy giving me a lift down ?

Just made my point ,we’re 9 wins away from the prem but I’m supposedly jealous.Obsessed ? No , I just want to beat you in the replay.Yeh I’ll be going.Fancy giving me a lift down ?
Why do you want a lift from Wrexham to Sheffield? We've played once at Bramall Lane since 1982 and now you've got no transport? It only takes one knobhead to put you off a fans forum, so Blades fans let's have a great replay. 2-2 draw with Wrexham winning on pens and we all go to Isabellas later for a night out. Enjoy the game 👍

Why do you want a lift from Wrexham to Sheffield? We've played once at Bramall Lane since 1982 and now you've got no transport? It only takes one knobhead to put you off a fans forum, so Blades fans let's have a great replay. 2-2 draw with Wrexham winning on pens and we all go to Isabellas later for a night out. Enjoy the game

Why do you want a lift from Wrexham to Sheffield? We've played once at Bramall Lane since 1982 and now you've got no transport? It only takes one knobhead to put you off a fans forum, so Blades fans let's have a great replay. 2-2-2 draw with Wrexham winning on pens and we all go to Isabellas later for a night out. Enjoy the game 👍
Enjoy your visit to bramall lane .Hope we stuff you but I’m not confident in all honesty.

Yup they need a thrashing! I reckon we can have a good go at Spurs too. It’s all about momentum

Started watching "Welcome to Wrexham" a few days ago and I really enjoyed it.
Yes, it's corny, focusses on the human/ emotional side of the game but it's a great story.
The US owners come across really well but then I thought, they are actors and maybe there's been some selective/ clever editing.

In the early part of the show they were talking about the English pyramid
and how virtually no money can be made in the non league but the prize money increases as you progress through the leagues.

The Hollywood owners admitted that they deliberate targeted a non league club that had big potential, hence Wrexham.

My early thoughts were.....think you're going to be disappointed if you see a football club as an investment, it's more of a money pit.
and also....accept the prize money (income) will increase as you go up the leagues but so will the expenses.

Agree with some the other comments.....fans tend to be fickle....the owners are flavour of the month at the moment but it will end in tears.
Think the highest Wrexham can achieve is league 1....really can't see them ever reaching the Championship.

Good luck to them though, they played well against us, the better team and no hard feelings.

Can't begrudge Wrexham fans enjoying topping the NL and having a cup run, good luck to them,you've got to enjoy the good times, but obviously hope we send them home from the Lane with nothing after we rediscover keeping possession of the football, and stop giving it straight back, and giving away free kicks and throw in's for them to launch it into our box.

It’s a great story and I can see the romance of it. I don’t agree with the BBC’s sycophantic approach yesterday but fair play to Wrexham for the performance, they deserved to win.

My problem is with our players seemingly believing the hype and treating them as equals, we should be showing them what 70 league places looks like and battering them. Not letting them look like the statistically dominant force in the game and shitting the bed every time they take a throw in.

If we approach the game correctly we’ll win, if we do what we did yesterday we will be embarrassed.

It’s a great story and I can see the romance of it. I don’t agree with the BBC’s sycophantic approach yesterday but fair play to Wrexham for the performance, they deserved to win.

My problem is with our players seemingly believing the hype and treating them as equals, we should be showing them what 70 league places looks like and battering them. Not letting them look like the statistically dominant force in the game and shitting the bed every time they take a throw in.

If we approach the game correctly we’ll win, if we do what we did yesterday we will be embarrassed.
JLT should’ve played. They were flying into tackles, we needed to give some back

You can look at our home gates before the takeover as well
This is a period when we went through 7 managers in quick succession

https://www.footballwebpages.co.uk/wrexham/attendances/2018-2019
Please ignore these salty Blades, I think it terrific what‘s happening across in Wrexham, well supported club for the lower leagues with lots of tradition, not unlike ourselves, you just needed someone to unlock that potential, a minority of our fans don’t like it when we’ve been rattled, they need to put their flounce pants away.

You also deserve your time in the spotlight, great achievement in the cup, and deserving of the media coverage, although I do hope that ends next week!

Back
Top Bottom