How many have complained?

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Okay. I'll bite. Being as you are sinking like a brick (or like United tend to do)

Fact 1. 14 Feb 2012. United five points clear and with two games in hand of their rivals, Sheffield Wednesday and very much in an advantageous position to claim an automatic promotion spot into the Championship.

Fact 2. 09 May 2012. Sheffield Wednesday sack their manager, appoint a new one and embark upon an impresive run of form which sees them claim the promotion spot, ahead or their rivals, Sheffiled United.

Fact 3. Sheffield United are now condemned to play three extra, season-defining games, the first two against Stevenage Borough, a former non-league outfit, whom they have failed abysmally to dominate in their previous two meetings this season.

Fact 4. Sheffield United have previous history in playing games of importance, and underperforming or losing.

Fact 5. Sheffield United have yet to emerge successfully from a Playoff Campaign.

Now, alcoblade. I've supported United since, ohh, back when Jones, Birchenall and Woodward were our superstars, white railings, 'EXIT' sign, cricket pitch et al. regardless of my geographical position, no other team is of interest to me and beleiev me, I have suffered for it. There's my credentials.

If you can dispute any of those facts above, as delivered, then crack on, lofty. Or simply shut up. You're making yourself look a chimp, now.

pommpey
Ruddy hell, you don't half labour a point! And I think there's more than one chimp on show here.

Your usual boring long winded script - explaining that we didn't get promoted this season, as established from the national media. No shit Sherlock. Serioulsy, is there some other point?

UTB

Long winded, because you don't get it, and now can't provide any explanation for it.

Keep clapping, son.

pommpey

ps. even if my sources are 'the National Press' (which it's not), it still doesn't change the facts. Let's deal with the facts, eh?

Well FACT 2 is wrong as already pointed out

Long winded, because you don't get it, and now can't provide any explanation for it.

Keep clapping, son.

pommpey

ps. even if my sources are 'the National Press' (which it's not), it still doesn't change the facts. Let's deal with the facts, eh?

Seriously, I dont get your point. Your cut and paste job of the season's action is probably correct. And then what?

Do you think I'm unaware of it? Do you think I haven't thrown lots of criticism at the club before? What is your point?

Mine's simple - for someone who invests so little in United, I find your mocking of the opinions of those who do to be ironic. Keep answering that with a Dennis Clareborough style list of season's facts if you like. I'm sure that (well I'm not acutally) someone's interested.

UTB

Well FACT 2 is wrong as already pointed out

It's not, is it. From fact 1 (Feb 14) to fact 2 (May 08) these things happened. Our rvals had sacked their manager and appointed another, and beat us to the second promotion spot. Do try to keep up, rather than join the gang of idiots pursuing a no-brainer of a point.

pommpey

It's not, is it. From fact 1 (Feb 14) to fact 2 (May 08) these things happened. Our rvals had sacked their manager and appointed another, and beat us to the second promotion spot. Do try to keep up, rather than join the gang of idiots pursuing a no-brainer of a point.

pommpey

Keep this up. In ten years time you'll have penned "Shefield United, a complete history". For free. I'm sure someone will understand.

UTB

Seriously, I dont get your point. Your cut and paste job of the season's action is probably correct. And then what?

Probably? What is to doubt? Seriously.

Do you think I'm unaware of it? Do you think I haven't thrown lots of criticism at the club before? What is your point?

My point is as was at the start. We can rooer all we want about Radio Sheffield. It changes nothing. Your counterpoint is that I shouldn't be allowed to express such a point, because I don't invest anything in the club. Tell me. Is that here, on the terraces, at home, privately, or to my buddies whom I speak (who do go regularly)? Do let me know how much opinion on a failed promotion bid I am allowed to express, and where the sliding scale of 'investment' vs 'opinion' is drawn up. Fuck's sake.

Mine's simple - for someone who invests so little in United, I find your mocking of the opinions of those who do to be ironic. Keep answering that with a Dennis Clareborough style list of season's facts if you like. I'm sure that (well I'm not acutally) someone's interested.

But the facts are there. Are they not? Against this, you satisfy yourself stating that because I am apparently notas massive a Blade as you, I shouldn't criticise. Tell me again. Are there any Blades more massive than you whom you are told that your level of criticism is unacceptable? Do you see now what a chep-end you are making yourself?

Anyroad. My work here is done. You are indeed a huge Blade and the only one worthy to slag United off.

Come on lads ... well done United for an impressive run in seeing off the pigs ...

oh, erm ...

pommpey

No huge,just bigger that you. Which clearly isn't difficult, so we've both wasted our time.

See you as Stevenage, Home or Away? - thought not. You'll be on here telling me where we've gone wrong. Ironic? Not to you, it seems.

Toodlepip.

UTB

No huge,just bigger that you. Which clearly isn't difficult, so we've both wasted our time.

See you as Stevenage, Home or Away? - thought not. You'll be on here telling me where we've gone wrong. Ironic? Not to you, it seems.

Toodlepip.

UTB

Well, as I am not a gigantic Blade like you, I doubt I'll be eligible for tickets. Tell you what, though. I'll watch it on the telly. I'll also call my mates up (who are Universe-sized Blades and there are none bigger than they) and beg them to tell me what went wrong (or maybe even 'right'), read Deadbats and Ollesandros write ups, scour the press and internet for opinion and possibly get a better view on the games than you will. Its what exiles do, you see. Stilll doesn't make me a fucking HUGE Blade like you, because, y'know ... you own the club and shit. And for that matter, everyone ... EVERYONE ... Keithe Edwards and all ... including Danny Wilson ... can just shut the fuck up, eh?

Christ. Special needs day on S24SU, innit? You're almost making me so depressed I think we might actually win.

pommpey

Probably? What is to doubt? Seriously.

My point is as was at the start. We can rooer all we want about Radio Sheffield. It changes nothing. Your counterpoint is that I shouldn't be allowed to express such a point, because I don't invest anything in the club. Tell me. Is that here, on the terraces, at home, privately, or to my buddies whom I speak (who do go regularly)? Do let me know how much opinion on a failed promotion bid I am allowed to express, and where the sliding scale of 'investment' vs 'opinion' is drawn up. Fuck's sake.

But the facts are there. Are they not? Against this, you satisfy yourself stating that because I am apparently notas massive a Blade as you, I shouldn't criticise. Tell me again. Are there any Blades more massive than you whom you are told that your level of criticism is unacceptable? Do you see now what a chep-end you are making yourself?

Anyroad. My work here is done. You are indeed a huge Blade and the only one worthy to slag United off.

Come on lads ... well done United for an impressive run in seeing off the pigs ...

oh, erm ...

pommpey

It might change the output of RS and make them more responsible with licence fee payer money. Like I have already said I agree boycott it if it was the likes of Hallam FM.

Although I think doing the same with RS is more like biting your nose off to spite your face. As we all contribute money towards it. Especially when they have an obligation to be as unbiased and impartial as possible.

It might change the output of RS and make them more responsible with licence fee payer money. Like I have already said I agree boycott it if it was the likes of Hallam FM.

Although I think doing the same with RS is more like biting your nose off to spite your face. As we all contribute money towards it. Especially when they have an obligation to be as unbiased and impartial as possible.

At last. A sensible reply.

If they are pigfans, you wouldn't really expect them to do anything else but gloat. What would you do? Unbiased? I'd be playing Pinky and Perky every fucking hour, Annies Song after that and Blades Supreme (still available, readers) after that. The fact that people are having a bit of a moment over it plays right into their hands, and because of this, if we fuck up and fail at the playoffs, don't expect anything less than some more, and then some more for good measure.

The big issue isn't those wankers on RS. It is our peformance on Friday. It is not how many points we got and failed, it is how many goals we can score.

pommpey

At last. A sensible reply.

If they are pigfans, you wouldn't really expect them to do anything else but gloat. What would you do? Unbiased? I'd be playing Pinky and Perky every fucking hour, Annies Song after that and Blades Supreme (still available, readers) after that. The fact that people are having a bit of a moment over it plays right into their hands, and because of this, if we fuck up and fail at the playoffs, don't expect anything less than some more, and then some more for good measure.

The big issue isn't those wankers on RS. It is our peformance on Friday. It is not how many points we got and failed, it is how many goals we can score.

pommpey

Obviously United need to perform on the field but regardless of that the BBC need to look in to the way RS is run in my view. The only way to make that happen is to complain about the shoddy output.

They may well end up creaming over another Blades mess up but it doesn't mean they are right in doing so.

It's how to take the hits and keep moving forward , that's how winning is done

I'm more interested why it took you until four kn the morning to craft such comic brilliance! You're about as funny as blood on the old toilet paper. Must have gone a bit quiet for you at the Shell Garage on the graveyard shift, you fucking gimmer.

Anyway, aside from your envious, hilarious mastery of irrelevant rebuttals, what's your view on us getting dicked by mighty Stevenage and where we went wrong, or do you want to organise a Hands Across Shdffisld protest against those horrid Radio Sheffield presenters to take your mind off the impending ,crushing disappointment?

pommpey
Here i am again about 4kn whoops. What's up cannot believe that people work many different shifts? Oh yes thats right too busy bleating to be in touch with reality. You really have no idea about respect do you. I don't earn as much as those who work night shifts in Garages! also I look forward to seeing you at goals for a game of forum footie. let me know when your coming up and I'll try and make sure its one of the weeks i attend.
How you thought i was trying to be funny - well the hamster must have gone backwards a few strides on his wheel.
As for the Stevenage part, track back a week or so and you may get your answer.

Can anybody join in?
RS the Stir can say what they like Pisspot United are the only team for me,we're fooking useless lack ambition and I can't see us ever getting a team together like we had in the early 70's.
Have I complained? ........... You bet I have....but not because of what sum tosspot has said :eek:

Here i am again about 4kn whoops. What's up cannot believe that people work many different shifts? Oh yes thats right too busy bleating to be in touch with reality. You really have no idea about respect do you. I don't earn as much as those who work night shifts in Garages! also I look forward to seeing you at goals for a game of forum footie. let me know when your coming up and I'll try and make sure its one of the weeks i attend.

Are you on medication or summat? Starts off with a grammatical correction (by the way, it's "you're", not "your"), moves on to flaparsing about shift-work or summat (? nah - me neither) then it's what I believe a thinly-veiled threat regarding forum footie.

How you thought i was trying to be funny - well the hamster must have gone backwards a few strides on his wheel.

Woosh. Waaaaay above my head. Eric Cantona's got fuck all on you for non sequitar shit, hasn't he?

As for the Stevenage part, track back a week or so and you may get your answer.

Well, no. I'm asking you now. How confident are you that we can rescue our season from what seems to be certain failure, ranged against what was ostensibly a very small-time, non-league outfit, given that they have given us the run-round already during this campaign? Are you completely happy that should we fuck it up (as we have tended to do - statistical evidence supports this) we will have the resources to rebuild a challenge next year and not become another Bradford City (who have also beaten us this season) and languish in the lower leagues, whilst Sheffield Wednesday capitalise on our disadvantage and demise?

pommpey

Well, no. I'm asking you now. How confident are you that we can rescue our season from what seems to be certain failure, ranged against what was ostensibly a very small-time, non-league outfit, given that they have given us the run-round already during this campaign? Are you completely happy that should we fuck it up (as we have tended to do - statistical evidence supports this) we will have the resources to rebuild a challenge next year and not become another Bradford City (who have also beaten us this season) and languish in the lower leagues, whilst Sheffield Wednesday capitalise on our disadvantage and demise?

pommpey

As you say, what's gone has gone, it's all about 2 games in 4 days. The fact is that whilst we were better than them over the season, they have been in better form than us over the final few games. Add to that the fact we've lost arguably the main reason why we were better than them over the season and it makes it a 50/50 in my opinion, all about who wants it the most and which set of players perform best over the two games.

Next year will undoubtedly be difficult if we don't make it but let's worry about that if it happens.

Pommpey
others are right you're crying. and as for correcting peoples spelling or grandma, check thi self kid. you come across as totally thick.
should i start a sente nccce with and? capitaaals etc or is that ect????
The disrespect of other posters and abuse is unaccep tapel so i thought I'd join in.
Get over yourself kid, grow some. shoulders are available for reasoned people however.

Pommpey
others are right you're crying. and as for correcting peoples spelling or grandma, check thi self kid. you come across as totally thick.
The disrespect of other posters and abuse is unaccep tapel so i thought I'd join in.
Get over yourself kid, grow some. shoulders are available for reasoned people however.

Be careful, or the big mester will call you a naughty word.

Pommpey

*rolls eyes*

And, the playoffs?

PS. Cack-handed attempt at a put down. Rubbish.

pommpey

Dear oh dear we do have a bee in our bonnet don’t we.

Others on here mentioned one of the presenters on Football Heaven so it opened up another avenue and I shared my experience where I was pissed off and the action I took I mentioned on my first post that if you’re really pissed off about Toby Foster (well done for getting his name right this time, instead of calling him some school yard name), then contact the club to complain about RS. If it’s the twitter feed, complain to the Sun or the Mirror! This whole thread seemed to be reignited by the fact that someone that had complained then got a response, but the response wasn’t enough...

I really don’t get that excited about Toby Foster, I follow him on twitter, but don’t get embroiled in needless arguments, but that’s just me.

As for dragging the clubs name through the mud, Ched Evans court case did that, guilty or innocent. Connor Brown’s Tweets did that, despite him sticking up for his mate. And of course our whinging and whining fans also do that

I haven’t really taken "umbridge", I’ve just offered an opinion, then you decided to jump all over me and jump to conclusions about me.

My thread wasnt about football heaven. If you thought it was then wrong thread pal. You're quite entited to your opinion as is anyone, just as i'm entitled to treat it with the contempt it deserves. End of.

*rolls eyes*

And, the playoffs?

PS. Cack-handed attempt at a put down. Rubbish.

pommpey

I sometimes press the like button just so I can unlike.
When you up for forum footie?

I sometimes press the like button just so I can unlike.
When you up for forum footie?

Not quite understanding what 'forum footie' has to do with the thread.

Like I say, is this some sort of veiled threat?

pommpey

Not quite understanding what 'forum footie' has to do with the thread.

Like I say, is this some sort of veiled threat?

pommpey

You have no idea what's been written by yourself to generate certain answers you don't understand. if you are disrespectful then expect a reply. Look at the reply and work it out.
I stand by my first comment in having to explain this.

My thread wasnt about football heaven. If you thought it was then wrong thread pal. You're quite entited to your opinion as is anyone, just as i'm entitled to treat it with the contempt it deserves. End of.

Hmmmm why do you think this thread is about you? I responded to the original post. I also responded to the general opinion on here you just jumped in both feet... Well done....

Contempt? I think you treated my posts with anger, venom and general innacuracy. As you said...end of!

Back
Top Bottom