How many have complained?

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Cool Clint

Reaction score
Following the pathetic phone in lats friday on RS. How many have complained about the total lack of sensitivity by Toby Foster and his non thinking producer Andy Evans?
The feelings still raw to local people does not stimulate debate it just polarises it.
Constantly suggesting that it was not about SUFC but even so they should come out and make a comment.
Well if they want to make it officially radio pig, just say so RS instead of pratts like Walker constantly pestering people to say who they support.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/complaints/

Hope the link works and helps for those who want to use it and I urge you to.

Also, whilst not wanting to promote them the opportunity to listen for the next two days is here.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/p00qp9ns

Did you not hear Paul Walker on monday morning? I have stopped listening now but my mate told me Toby foster said " i have a fiver in my pocket Paul who should i put it on for promotion"? Paul walker replies "sheffield wednesday i said it in August if you rewind the tape from last august listen and i said then sheffield wednesday". At that point he turned off his radio. Don't complain simply turn them off.

Just a little listen again and Toby says if it was any other job they would not get back in quoting about Marlon King.
Chris Evans now back at the BBC and Who was the Blue Peter presenter who took drugs and is back at the BBC?

Did you not hear Paul Walker on monday morning? I have stopped listening now but my mate told me Toby foster said " i have a fiver in my pocket Paul who should i put it on for promotion"? Paul walker replies "sheffield wednesday i said it in August if you rewind the tape from last august listen and i said then sheffield wednesday". At that point he turned off his radio. Don't complain simply turn them off.

Complain about what? Paul Walker predicting Wednesday would get promoted?
That's not being biased, it's just his honest opinion and as it turns out he was probably right.

I can understand people being annoyed and complaining about last Friday's ill-timed show about Evans.
However, the genuine concerns are at risk of getting lost in a sea of less valid complaints about bias.
It will be too easy for Radio Sheffield to just dismiss the whole thing as Blades being paranoid bad losers.

Complained last Friday directly. Got no joy from them so will take it further.

I,ve complained about Tubolard Foster telling Sitwell to fuck off on Twitter.

Did he steal the "a " out of your meat ? Or the 'o' from your to ? Or possibly this ?

Following the pathetic phone in lats friday on RS. How many have complained about the total lack of sensitivity by Toby Foster and his non thinking producer Andy Evans?
The feelings still raw to local people does not stimulate debate it just polarises it.
Constantly suggesting that it was not about SUFC but even so they should come out and make a comment.
Well if they want to make it officially radio pig, just say so RS instead of pratts like Walker constantly pestering people to say who they support.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/complaints/

Hope the link works and helps for those who want to use it and I urge you to.

Also, whilst not wanting to promote them the opportunity to listen for the next two days is here.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/p00qp9ns

Had this reply from Radio Pig

Dear Mr xxxx

Reference CAS-1431165-KL02FN

Thank you for contacting us regarding remarks made by BBC Radio Sheffield’s Toby Foster on Twitter.

Your concerns were raised with the Managing editor of Radio Sheffield who has spoken to Toby about this matter.

Toby says he is very regretful about using the words he used responding to the tweets in question. He acknowledges he simply should not have sworn. He agrees he should have considered his response, particularly as he was commenting on BBC output and wishes to apologise for any offence caused.

We hope this allays your concerns, and thanks again for taking the time to contact us.

Kind Regards

Shona McCullough
BBC Complaints
www.bbc.co.uk/complaints

Bit of a fob off methinks. He should broadcast the apology live on air or at least Tweet Sitwell. Anybody else that complained heard anything??????

Are we really this petty, do we really need to get so excited about such things?

I think the whole issue of lambasting people for commenting on social media is a bit much, its like discussing something in a pub with your mates, but on a much larger scale.

Sure there are times when legality means that you do not have the freedom to just spout anything, but if you're offering an opinion, then what is really the issue.

Brush it off, get on with life, if you don't like Radio Sheffield then don't listen, thats freedom of choice. If you feel that strongly, complain to the club.

Are we really this petty, do we really need to get so excited about such things?

I think the whole issue of lambasting people for commenting on social media is a bit much, its like discussing something in a pub with your mates, but on a much larger scale.

Sure there are times when legality means that you do not have the freedom to just spout anything, but if you're offering an opinion, then what is really the issue.

Brush it off, get on with life, if you don't like Radio Sheffield then don't listen, thats freedom of choice. If you feel that strongly, complain to the club.[/quote

The issue is that whilst defending the club, a member of this forum was told to fuck off by an uncouth DJ who was trying his best to sully our clubs name. You might wear that, but I dont . If you didn't hear the interview or didn't follow the thread on it then kindly keep your comments to yourself. It was a question to those that DID hear it and saw the Tweet to Sitwell that followed . I did feel strongly about it thats why I complained to the horses mouth.

NB Tubolard as been off ever since.

God If you're posting on an open forum, sadly I am also entitled to throw my two penneth in.

I'm not sure its entirely relevant if I did or didn't hear the interview. You assume that I didnt. Thats fine.

Whilst I'm chucking my load into this thread, I think childish names like "tubolard" is no different to what you are complaining about.

For me its about two way respect.

Brush it off, get on with life, if you don't like Radio Sheffield then don't listen, thats freedom of choice. If you feel that strongly, complain to the club.

From a fans point of view though is that the BBC is meant to be impartial and all they have done towards the end of the season is stick the boot in to SUFC. In the past I have never agreed that there has been much bias to either team but I have to concede they have proved me wrong recently.

They dedicate nearly 3 days of phone in's of mourning (not allowing for ANY Blades fans on air to discuss the win against Scunthorpe) for the sacking of Smegson and yet have 2 days lambasting SUFC for their stance on an unrelated non-footballing matter that has nothing to do with them directly.

For some fans fatty foster was the final straw (certainly was with me) with regards to the RS output and I know what your saying we should switch off. Although the BBC is paid for by the public and we as listeners have a right to question its output. If it was Hallam FM then I would agree turn the radio off and let the advertisers wonder why the listener ratings have fallen.

Agreed 100% with Bladesman. The BBCs impartiality has been destroyed here.
Whilst having an Opinion is fine. Using official BBC channels to broadcast it is wrong.

If i was Kev McCabe i would ban BBC Radio Sheffield & The Sheffield Star reporters from the premises until an apology is given to the club.

Agreed 100% with Bladesman. The BBCs impartiality has been destroyed here.
Whilst having an Opinion is fine. Using official BBC channels to broadcast it is wrong.

If i was Kev McCabe i would ban BBC Radio Sheffield & The Sheffield Star reporters from the premises until an apology is given to the club.

My thoughts too ban em, ala Dingles. We would get just as much publicity by banning them than we would sucking up to them. If they can't report in an impartial way give em the 2 fingers over the play off period and hit their listening figures, any Blade not attending the games for any reason will have the Sky coverage for their fix.

I'm with Swiss. Listen, don't listen. Who cares.

Lets ban the BBC from coming to the lane, thats a belting call. Then we can all tell RS how biased they are and they will care even less. In fact what would be the vested interest in them taking your call at all?

Negotiating like a 2 year old seems to be the order of the day on here.

God If you're posting on an open forum, sadly I am also entitled to throw my two penneth in.

I'm not sure its entirely relevant if I did or didn't hear the interview. You assume that I didnt. Thats fine.

Whilst I'm chucking my load into this thread, I think childish names like "tubolard" is no different to what you are complaining about.

For me its about two way respect.

Of course you're entitled to chuck your two penneth in, everyone is. But when its an uninformed twopeneth its just spouting off for the sake of it, and no I dont believe you listened to the shite that was brodacast on RS about our club. A lot of people, Sitwell, me and a lot of others were offended by it and thats why we complained. If you dont care that others want to drag our clubs name through the mud, thats up to you mate. But some of us dont like it. Where's the respect from RS, its two way isnt it??????????

I'm with Swiss. Listen, don't listen. Who cares.

Lets ban the BBC from coming to the lane, thats a belting call. Then we can all tell RS how biased they are and they will care even less. In fact what would be the vested interest in them taking your call at all?

Negotiating like a 2 year old seems to be the order of the day on here.

I'm in. I'm a bit bored of this "everyone hates us" lark....for one, because it makes us sound like whining victims, and more importantly, because I really couldn't give a fuck. The punches only land if you stick our chin out.

UTB

But when its an uninformed twopeneth its just spouting off for the sake of it, and no I dont believe you listened to the shite that was brodacast on RS about our club. A lot of people, Sitwell, me and a lot of others were offended by it and thats why we complained. If you dont care that others want to drag our clubs name through the mud, thats up to you mate. But some of us dont like it. Where's the respect from RS, its two way isnt it??????????

Brilliant. You know nothing about me, yet pass judgement and spout nonsense.

I'm frankly sick of hearing about how bad RS are by those that continue to tune in just so they have a topic of anger to post on social media.

I stopped listening to football heaven a long time ago as I thought the fans that called were the controversial ones which created arguments not debate. I do still listen to Toby foster when I get chance along with other shows.

I dont want an apology ,I wanted a discussion as to why our local radio station had a one sided phone-in heavily weighed against their local football club the day before one of the most important fixtures in years. they also asked a respected football figure to be questioned by a comedian who admits to no interest in football who then proceeded to disrespect and talk over Dave Basset like he was an idiot.
I initially sent a polite tweet to Foster explaining why I thought they were in the wrong ,HE then started a discusion which I replied to in a polite way ,and when I presume he knew he was in the wrong he told me to fuck off. Im a big boy and can take that (now Ive been to counselling) but he cut me off from twitter and gave me no chance of reply ,and I received no explanation.
For what its worth my opinion is that he now has Paul Walker as his wing man and they are a bad influence on each other ,Walker thinks hes now a DJ and comedian ,Foster thinks hes an expert on football ,sadly both were already poor at what they do and have dragged each other even further down. Anyway Chris Evans and Simon Mayo know more about entertainment and football so I tune in to radio 2 now.

Brilliant. You know nothing about me, yet pass judgement and spout nonsense.

I'm frankly sick of hearing about how bad RS are by those that continue to tune in just so they have a topic of anger to post on social media.

I stopped listening to football heaven a long time ago as I thought the fans that called were the controversial ones which created arguments not debate. I do still listen to Toby foster when I get chance along with other shows.

Spouting nonsense? You started it pal. And who mentioned football heaven????? not me, although seeing as you mentioned it I do think its run by a load of closet pig fans. Toby Foster was the crux of the issue on this, and maybe if you'd heard it you'd have been as incensed as I and a few others were.

I really cant believe that you have taken umbridge at the fact that some people have chosen to defend the club we all love and support.

I dont want an apology ,I wanted a discussion as to why our local radio station had a one sided phone-in heavily weighed against their local football club the day before one of the most important fixtures in years. they also asked a respected football figure to be questioned by a comedian who admits to no interest in football who then proceeded to disrespect and talk over Dave Basset like he was an idiot.
I initially sent a polite tweet to Foster explaining why I thought they were in the wrong ,HE then started a discusion which I replied to in a polite way ,and when I presume he knew he was in the wrong he told me to fuck off. Im a big boy and can take that (now Ive been to counselling) but he cut me off from twitter and gave me no chance of reply ,and I received no explanation.
For what its worth my opinion is that he now has Paul Walker as his wing man and they are a bad influence on each other ,Walker thinks hes now a DJ and comedian ,Foster thinks hes an expert on football ,sadly both were already poor at what they do and have dragged each other even further down. Anyway Chris Evans and Simon Mayo know more about entertainment and football so I tune in to radio 2 now.

For what its worth Sitwell, after hearing that load of dross the day before our match against Stevenage , I too now tune into Radio 2 ( not same since TW went though) in the morning.

Glad to hear that you aren't anymore psychologically damaged than normal.

Oh for fuck's sake.

We end up fucking our whole season, chucking points away and then the pigs get promoted over us condemning us to near-certain humiliation in the playoffs to shit-box Beazer Homes League teams and you lot are whining like wankers over what a shower of pig-loving chep-ends are saying on Radio Grunter and Twatter.

dawson_crying.gif

This is you.

Get over yourselves, gird your loins and prepare for even more ridicule when The Stevenage Arms U-15s and the Frog and Franchise B Squad show us how it's done.

pommpey

Oh for fuck's sake.

We end up fucking our whole season, chucking points away and then the pigs get promoted over us condemning us to near-certain humiliation in the playoffs to shit-box Beazer Homes League teams and you lot are whining like wankers over what a shower of pig-loving chep-ends are saying on Radio Grunter and Twatter.

dawson_crying.gif

This is you.

Get over yourselves, gird your loins and prepare for even more ridicule when The Stevenage Arms U-15s and the Frog and Franchise B Squad show us how it's done.

pommpey

Pommpey - it seems to me like you've been on here throwing in the towel after every defeat over the last few months. I find your post a tad ironic - perhaps I'm remembering wrong.

UTB

Nah. What I am saying is, it matters not what a few pig loving radio berks say. Switch the twat off, eh?

What matters is that we are in the shite, and no matter how many joyous proclamations emanate from the depleting thong of happy clappers, this time next week the less fortunate of us living in Sheffield will have to face our mortal enemies laughing their cocks off at our ability to turn an advantage into a failure. You have my sympathies. I'll share your grief (but half your humiliation) from afar.

And I thought life was bad on Boxing Day 1979.

Oh, and before you start ('yada fucking yada, why don't you go and support someone else - many have, BTW) just try and square five points, two games in hand, Oldham and Exeter at home, Beattie, Walsall away and Wednesday's resurgence. If we do anything in these playoffs (and I mean win in the final, not just play and lose, like we do) then I will publically apologise to all you clappers on here and proclaim I was wholly WRONG.

Okay?

pommpey

I think a lot of people are annoyed about the level of sycophantic bullshit Radio Sheffield and the Football Heaven twats have been towards their favourite club.

At about ten past 5 in Exeter, i congratulated Staton, Seth, Walker and Giddings on their team getting promoted and ended up in a slanging match with Rob Staton on Saturday night. He told me that i was blocked, to which i responded with i was glad as it freed up some space on twitter for me to follow some quality journalists.

I've only listened to Football Heaven for a couple of years or so, and i can't wait for the day that the government cutbacks mean that it goes off air, and some of the pricks that work on it, lose their jobs

Back
Top Bottom