How many have complained?

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

No, once you remove realistic "noise" from results, there's been only one fuck-up this season, in more than one way. And it was, for once, out of the control of SUFC.

We fucked up last season and that was entirely of our own making. That hasn't been the case this season.

UTB

Well, we'll disagree there. Chim said

90 points is not a fuck up

when held up to the light versus the bald fact of Wednesday going up over us, 14 Feb and games like Exeter and Oldham at home, it certainly looks like it. We could have got 100 points - if Wednesday have more, they are up. Getting 90 points and being proud to be 'unlucky' is failing to acknowledge where we went wrong. Drawing at home (and away, as it seems) to a basement team was us at our best at being our worst. And the least said about United vs Wednesday at BDTBL the better.

pommpey

No, once you remove realistic "noise" from results, there's been only one fuck-up this season, in more than one way. And it was, for once, out of the control of SUFC.

We fucked up last season and that was entirely of our own making. That hasn't been the case this season.

UTB

Absolutely and if there's any justice we'll do the business in the play-offs. It will be a travesty if we don't go up because of what happened in a Holiday Inn 12 months ago.

After the 2 game fuck up in early March, our record from thereon was P12 W7 D4 L1 pts 25 - i.e. more than 2 points a game which is usually comfortable automatic promotion form. United didn't fuck up this time, it was Wednesday's absolutely phenomenal form that did for us.

But that is painting over the cracks a bit, isn't it?

Since 14 Feb its P14 W7 D4 L3 pts 25, which is 'won as many as lost or drawn', and effectively 17 points dropped in 14 games. Not quite promotion form.

pommpey

Well, we'll disagree there. Chim said

when held up to the light versus the bald fact of Wednesday going up over us, 14 Feb and games like Exeter and Oldham at home, it certainly looks like it. We could have got 100 points - if Wednesday have more, they are up. Getting 90 points and being proud to be 'unlucky' is failing to acknowledge where we went wrong. Drawing at home (and away, as it seems) to a basement team was us at our best at being our worst. And the least said about United vs Wednesday at BDTBL the better.

pommpey

No team is ever going to play to their potential or get what they deserve in every game, they are going to throw away points when they shouldn't have and nick a winner when they've been outplayed, such is football. I don't wish to study their season particularly but I'm sure Wendy threw away points in certain games but you can't argue that they did the business in the final 3rd of the season and did slightly better than us over the 46 games.

You're concentrating on certain games where we cocked up but you're not mentioning games when we were lucky to pick up points. Over the season I reckon we finished about where we deserved to be and yes, we were unfortunate that two teams did even better we did.

Hmmmm why do you think this thread is about you? I responded to the original post. I also responded to the general opinion on here you just jumped in both feet... Well done....

Contempt? I think you treated my posts with anger, venom and general innacuracy. As you said...end of!

You responded to the orignal post after I posted the email reply from RS so lets get things "accurate".

To be honest pal I think you just like spouting for spoutings sake. Probably one of those that likes to hear his own voice above all others, and no thats not anger or venom as you may call it, just an observation from your replies. Replies which continually sidetrack away from the origin of the thread, which was Toby Fosters phone in, and drag in other factors in to suit your argument such as your contstant reference to Football Heaven, which is not what the thread OR my e mail is about. No doubt you couldn't actually put a qualified comment in as you didn't hear the broadcast, unlike a few others who did and responded sensibily and accordingly. I've no doubt that you will reply with gusto to this, and attempt to twist the topic of converstaion and talk down to me again, but to be honest I lose the will to live reading your replies. I'm phsyching myself up for tonight, so that is really the end of it as far as I'm concerned.

But that is painting over the cracks a bit, isn't it?

Since 14 Feb its P14 W7 D4 L3 pts 25, which is 'won as many as lost or drawn', and effectively 17 points dropped in 14 games. Not quite promotion form.

pommpey

But then Wednesday lost home and away to Stevenage (5-1 away!), lost at relegated Chesterfield, scraped a home draw with lowly Walsall etc etc.

No team plays 100% consitently over a season, even the most successful team has one or two fuck ups along the way. Wednesday just had slightly less fucks up than us.

Oh and your stats are wrong. The record since 14th Feb is P18 W10 D4 L4 pts 34. Just shy of 2 a game, but still promotion form in virtually every other season.

Absolutely and if there's any justice we'll do the business in the play-offs. It will be a travesty if we don't go up because of what happened in a Holiday Inn 12 months ago.

I don't agree with blaming the incident in the holiday inn for wrecking our season. If it hadn't happened, I don't think Ched would have been with us at all this season. I think it was only the court case that prevented us from being able to sell him, and therefore we got 30+ goals out of him that we wouldn't have had otherwise (although admittedly we could have replaced him, but unlikely to have been with a player of the same quality).

I don't agree with blaming the incident in the holiday inn for wrecking our season. If it hadn't happened, I don't think Ched would have been with us at all this season. I think it was only the court case that prevented us from being able to sell him, and therefore we got 30+ goals out of him that we wouldn't have had otherwise (although admittedly we could have replaced him, but unlikely to have been with a player of the same quality).

Of course things could have panned out differently had the incident not happened at all but given that it did, I don't think you'd get many on here who would disagree that if the verdict had gone the other way a few weeks ago we could have been sat with our feet up now talking about how Stevenage were going to beat the other lot tonight.

We still have three games to put it right but if we don't, I think when we look back in years to come, Chedgate will be looked upon as the reason we fell short.

We still have three games to put it right but if we don't, I think when we look back in years to come, Chedgate will be looked upon as the reason we fell short.
A factor yes but Laticgate was more of the defining moment. 2 -0 up and lose 3-2 and lose your entire back four for the next game

A factor yes but Laticgate was more of the defining moment. 2 -0 up and lose 3-2 and lose your entire back four for the next game

Yeah, that was the obvious place to look for the 'missing' three points but that game had no direct effect on the last 3 games and isn't going to effect the next three games whereas the absence of a certain person did and possibly will.

boring.. Zzzzz
don't know what you're giving Boo beef for mate. that's well out of order
Can you actually get RS in Portsmouth.. i never could.

Yeah, that was the obvious place to look for the 'missing' three points but that game had no direct effect on the last 3 games and isn't going to effect the next three games whereas the absence of a certain person did and possibly will.
Had we had the 3 points we wouldnt need 3 more games. Last 3 games yes we have missed you know who but scoring (inthe last two anyway) has not been the problem. Its the other end that we have struggled. Had LJF not got hurt then we would be alot stronger at the back than with Hill there

You're concentrating on certain games where we cocked up but you're not mentioning games when we were lucky to pick up points. Over the season I reckon we finished about where we deserved to be and yes, we were unfortunate that two teams did even better we did.

JC - those games have cost us, and have placed us in the position we are now. Come on - save for those horrendous matches - twice in the lead against Exeter and 2-0 up against Oldham ... you're BOUND to concentrate on those matches where people such as me say, 'fucking HELL!' and others say, 'Well, we didn't do THAT badly.' I'd rather we played like Batley Village 2nd XI with no subs or linos and win 1-0 with a scuffed 89th minute winner than play like Trojans and lose or draw. Those points cost us - five of the fuckers just in that game. Sure, we nicked points elsewhere, but that is exactly what I expect to do. It's what I don't expect United to do that pisses me off.

pommpey

You responded to the orignal post after I posted the email reply from RS so lets get things "accurate".

To be honest pal I think you just like spouting for spoutings sake. Probably one of those that likes to hear his own voice above all others, and no thats not anger or venom as you may call it, just an observation from your replies. Replies which continually sidetrack away from the origin of the thread, which was Toby Fosters phone in, and drag in other factors in to suit your argument such as your contstant reference to Football Heaven, which is not what the thread OR my e mail is about. No doubt you couldn't actually put a qualified comment in as you didn't hear the broadcast, unlike a few others who did and responded sensibily and accordingly. I've no doubt that you will reply with gusto to this, and attempt to twist the topic of converstaion and talk down to me again, but to be honest I lose the will to live reading your replies. I'm phsyching myself up for tonight, so that is really the end of it as far as I'm concerned.

As for accuracy, I wasnt responding to you directly, but to the thread in general.

I really don't know what youre getting so excited about. I didnt agree with you, it's no big deal.

I mentioned football heaven as a linked point, you're the one dragging it out.

And for your info if it's the same broadcast that I think you're talking about I DID listen and didn't think it was so bad. I think you need to make fewer assumptions about others on here. your little rant and childish digs are are complete nonsense.

I actually made a point that I thought your complaint should be directed elsewhere.

Are you just a naturally angry person?

JC - those games have cost us, and have placed us in the position we are now. Come on - save for those horrendous matches - twice in the lead against Exeter and 2-0 up against Oldham ... you're BOUND to concentrate on those matches where people such as me say, 'fucking HELL!' and others say, 'Well, we didn't do THAT badly.' I'd rather we played like Batley Village 2nd XI with no subs or linos and win 1-0 with a scuffed 89th minute winner than play like Trojans and lose or draw. Those points cost us - five of the fuckers just in that game. Sure, we nicked points elsewhere, but that is exactly what I expect to do. It's what I don't expect United to do that pisses me off.

pommpey

But then, as I said above, Wednesday could point to 5 points lost in their games v Walsall and Chesterfield ( we took 6 points from the equivalent games). I can't see why you don't expect United to mess up occasionally and yet fully expect other teams to mess up.

No team wins every game it "should" win and I can't see the point in beating ourselves up about what might have been.

Can't believe that collectively, RS, foster, and whoever else are, or are perceived to be grunter supporters can divide blades so much. They must be pissing themselves laughing. Not usually a regular poster on here, but love to read the postings from Brownie, Darren ( ched case particularly) alco blade, boo Radley, broomhill and the rest,yes even pommpey. Now I'm generally known as a 'fence sitter' and I'm not about to change now, but ffs this is turning into more than just a difference of opinion. Let's not waste time and energy arguing the point untill after the play-offs,where we then can all join in the debate with some degree of finality. If it makes this thread get back on track to the original argument, then by all means you can all tell me to f@ck off and butt out. Personally hoping for the best,expecting the worst. UTB

IMO had we been further ahead, Wednesday wouldn`t have got as many points as they did and would have started resting players.

Are you on medication or summat? Starts off with a grammatical correction (by the way, it's "you're", not "your"), moves on to flaparsing about shift-work or summat (? nah - me neither) then it's what I believe a thinly-veiled threat regarding forum footie.

Woosh. Waaaaay above my head. Eric Cantona's got fuck all on you for non sequitar shit, hasn't he?

Well, no. I'm asking you now. How confident are you that we can rescue our season from what seems to be certain failure, ranged against what was ostensibly a very small-time, non-league outfit, given that they have given us the run-round already during this campaign? Are you completely happy that should we fuck it up (as we have tended to do - statistical evidence supports this) we will have the resources to rebuild a challenge next year and not become another Bradford City (who have also beaten us this season) and languish in the lower leagues, whilst Sheffield Wednesday capitalise on our disadvantage and demise?

pommpey

1 and 2.You feel threatened by me, How the F**k do you work that out? As someone else said If you cannot track back and work out the reply you have been given then 2 short planks it is. that also qualifies answer to the way over the head bit.

3. No you do the donkey work you lazy git and track back to other threads. If you'd been polite to most people then I may have pointed you in the right direction but you've been piss poor and want to bully people into saying things they don't want to or to satisfy your 'I told you so attitude'.
If you took Forum Footie statement as threatening then your attitude on here as been just so in your writings.

As for accuracy, I wasnt responding to you directly, but to the thread in general.

I really don't know what youre getting so excited about. I didnt agree with you, it's no big deal.

I mentioned football heaven as a linked point, you're the one dragging it out.

And for your info if it's the same broadcast that I think you're talking about I DID listen and didn't think it was so bad. I think you need to make fewer assumptions about others on here. your little rant and childish digs are are complete nonsense.

I actually made a point that I thought your complaint should be directed elsewhere.

Are you just a naturally angry person?

Not sure where you get this angy bit from that you keep on directing at me. I just tell it like it is. If you dont like it tough titty. I may ask a similar question about you. Are you a naturally confused person? you seem to be. I think thats half your problem, you post well over 6,500 posts and you haven't got a clue what your saying or where. Empty vessels make most noise pal.

1 and 2.You feel threatened by me, How the F**k do you work that out? As someone else said If you cannot track back and work out the reply you have been given then 2 short planks it is. that also qualifies answer to the way over the head bit.

Lets have a look.

Here i am again about 4kn whoops. What's up cannot believe that people work many different shifts? Oh yes thats right too busy bleating to be in touch with reality. You really have no idea about respect do you. I don't earn as much as those who work night shifts in Garages! also I look forward to seeing you at goals for a game of forum footie. let me know when your coming up and I'll try and make sure its one of the weeks i attend.
How you thought i was trying to be funny - well the hamster must have gone backwards a few strides on his wheel.
As for the Stevenage part, track back a week or so and you may get your answer.

First few sentences ... bit bizarre, 'respect' ... hmmm ... summat about garage wages. Then you look forward to seeing me at goals for a game of forum footie, and ask me to let you know when I am coming up because you'll make provision to attend? Quick question: when have I ever been at goals for forum footie or even gestured toward going? Need an answer on this, because I can't see connection. Or are you being da big mann, eh? Then we are on the hamster wheel and frankly, after that you are beyond doubt a gimmer.

3. No you do the donkey work you lazy git and track back to other threads. If you'd been polite to most people then I may have pointed you in the right direction but you've been piss poor and want to bully people into saying things they don't want to or to satisfy your 'I told you so attitude'.

Aw. That's a great shame. Anyway ...

If you took Forum Footie statement as threatening then your attitude on here as been just so in your writings.

Well ... aye.

*does twirly-finger-temple sign*

pommpey

Lets have a look.

First few sentences ... bit bizarre, 'respect' ... hmmm ... summat about garage wages. Then you look forward to seeing me at goals for a game of forum footie, and ask me to let you know when I am coming up because you'll make provision to attend? Quick question: when have I ever been at goals for forum footie or even gestured toward going? Need an answer on this, because I can't see connection. Or are you being da big mann, eh? Then we are on the hamster wheel and frankly, after that you are beyond doubt a gimmer.

Aw. That's a great shame. Anyway ...

Well ... aye.

*does twirly-finger-temple sign*

pommpey

You're a fucking idiot. They were Boo radleys replies to your earlier post, before your 'Lets have a look'
Check them out before you start throwing stones.
You still persist with the disrespect spouting nonsense.

You're a fucking idiot. They were Boo radleys replies to your earlier post, before your 'Lets have a look'
Check them out before you start throwing stones.
You still persist with the disrespect spouting nonsense.

Okay. This one?

I'm more interested why it took you until four kn the morning to craft such comic brilliance! You're about as funny as blood on the old toilet paper. Must have gone a bit quiet for you at the Shell Garage on the graveyard shift, you fucking gimmer.

Anyway, aside from your envious, hilarious mastery of irrelevant rebuttals, what's your view on us getting dicked by mighty Stevenage and where we went wrong, or do you want to organise a Hands Across Shdffisld protest against those horrid Radio Sheffield presenters to take your mind off the impending ,crushing disappointment?

Yup. I see clearly now it says, 'Tell you what. Hows about me and you meet up next time for some Forum Footie and stuff, eh?'

Before that I was addressing THE BIGGEST BLADE IN THE WORLD (i.e. alco) about how far he can piss up the wall, and Boo Radley came in with his universally well hilarious non sequitar Airplane sketch which everyone (you and erm ... alco blade) laughed like fuck at. Me too. Honest.

Christ. This is like talking to primates in Monkey World. Do me a favour mickerz. Show me what the fuck you are bleating on about on behalf of BR or piss off, eh? I'm here to comment about United, not entertain you on your day release.

pommpey

ps. Are you Boo Radley's Dad or summat?

Okay. This one?

Yup. I see clearly now it says, 'Tell you what. Hows about me and you meet up next time for some Forum Footie and stuff, eh?'

Before that I was addressing THE BIGGEST BLADE IN THE WORLD (i.e. alco) about how far he can piss up the wall, and Boo Radley came in with his universally well hilarious non sequitar Airplane sketch which everyone (you and erm ... alco blade) laughed like fuck at. Me too. Honest.

Christ. This is like talking to primates in Monkey World. Do me a favour mickerz. Show me what the fuck you are bleating on about on behalf of BR or piss off, eh? I'm here to comment about United, not entertain you on your day release.

pommpey

ps. Are you Boo Radley's Dad or summat?

You just don't even get yourself . what you said above is because you are one of those primates in the cage in monkey world. This thread is like the internet classic with 'Stuwall'. Or on here with '7up jordan' and his cat. Many have pointed out the irony of your posts and even trying to draw attention about how you have misunderstood others answers and tried to guide you to the misunderstandings. You even said something like 'waaaaay over my head' and we still persisted. People got bored with it and suggested leaving it, but maybe more fool me for trying to get you to open up your viewpoint. I accept those blinkers will never come off and you will continue to bracket and put people in groups.
So you can understand. I'm going home now and I'm taking my ball. Also am tellin mi dad coz my dads bigger than your dad.:psee ya. And with that Boo sprinted off into the distance ball underarm never to be seen on this thread again.

Not sure where you get this angy bit from that you keep on directing at me. I just tell it like it is. If you dont like it tough titty. I may ask a similar question about you. Are you a naturally confused person? you seem to be. I think thats half your problem, you post well over 6,500 posts and you haven't got a clue what your saying or where. Empty vessels make most noise pal.

Brilliant. So now that you have no argument you decide to comment on the number of posts I've made in this forum.

Most people on this forum seem to be able to have a decent discussion, you're clearly not one of them. I posted on this thread just to make my observations and you appear to have got all angry with me, resorted to petty name calling of RS presenters and now it's all about the number of posts. Your main argument with me was that i hadnt listened to toby foster, without actually knowing that i listened. I see that argument has gone down the pan now.

I'll leave you to it, I just hope you can learn to get along with others in this nasty world.

Can someone start another argument? There aren't enough going on on this thread.

:)

UTB

Brilliant. So now that you have no argument you decide to comment on the number of posts I've made in this forum.

Most people on this forum seem to be able to have a decent discussion, you're clearly not one of them. I posted on this thread just to make my observations and you appear to have got all angry with me, resorted to petty name calling of RS presenters and now it's all about the number of posts. Your main argument with me was that i hadnt listened to toby foster, without actually knowing that i listened. I see that argument has gone down the pan now.

I'll leave you to it, I just hope you can learn to get along with others in this nasty world.

Thanks for the tip , i'll try my best (as usual) to get on with others, but I wont be making the effort with people who talk drivel. Again, not sure where you get this anger thing from, its quite delusional on your part. You seem to have some kind of fantasy about me going on there.

Do you practice talking to people like a jumped up school teacher or does it come naturally????

Back
Top Bottom