Bedwetters v Drybedders

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Who will win?

• Total voters

Hamandcheese

Get them gone
Reaction score
One question has been troubling me more than any other recently so thought it could do with a poll...

Who will prove victorious, the Bedwetters or the Drybedders?

thanks for voting!

Once the Bedwetters are victorious, can we have another poll when they play the Trenchers in the final?

On the one hand let's give the club a chance to put the ground work in and get the players we need through the door.

On the other hand the club is being run into the ground and we're getting relegated.

No one wins.

Define victorious? If we sign anyone before the window does that count or does it have to be the 7 signings (which wasn't actually said) in by end of June?

Last edited:
Is there a correlation between Bed wetters and Slashers V Dry bedders and Clappers?

i sometimes clap, I sometimes slash, but not sure how this affects my mattress?

Think the bedwetters are more linked to throwing the towel in on a season after about 45 minutes and generally pissing the bed after any defeat, draw, setback.

There’s validity in being concerned about how slow we start a season and I think that’s linked to our sloth-like approach to transfers.

Over the last 30 years, I reckon we had five or six good seasons. The rest have either ended in disappointment or been a complete fucking disaster. So, statistically, the bedwetters are likely to be proven correct in their fears and apprehensions.

Think the bedwetters are more linked to throwing the towel in on a season after about 45 minutes and generally pissing the bed after any defeat, draw, setback.

There’s validity in being concerned about how slow we start a season and I think that’s linked to our sloth-like approach to transfers.
Some of those constantly crying on here that we haven't spent any money, could possibly be some of the same people that cry on here that we have overpaid previously.

Over the last 30 years, I reckon we had five or six good seasons. The rest have either ended in disappointment or been a complete fucking disaster. So, statistically, the bedwetters are likely to be proven correct in their fears and apprehensions.
They could always chill out a little or support Man City.

The Bedwetters take a clear early lead - but not emphatic

Will they gain more momentum?

Or will a new breed of Blade, the Moistsheeters, emerge and gradually assume dominance, striking a healthy balance between the two?

It'll be interesting to find out

Window opens tomorrow, if we don't sign 4 players tomorrow, I'm returning my season ticket

That could bring me to the next poll;

Should the Bedwetters have their season tickets blocked ?

There’s also the opportunity to always say after the event, ah what if?
What if we’d signed Gibbs White last July and he’d played all season despite it not really being possible. Pick out the one or two players linked on social media regardless of the substance but who did well and say “if we’d shown ambition and signed Nunez” ignoring the Wilsheres and Sturridges they were also clambering for.
Every season without fail this comes and goes, it’s like the tide.
Once we do sign someone it’ll be that we should have signed x instead. Then we’ll hear about loans not being completed early prior to when the PL squads are confirmed, before then finally moaning that we’re leaving it to the last minute when the very best loans suggested don’t all happen as those types of players as weighting up their options.

There’s also the opportunity to always say after the event, ah what if?
What if we’d signed Gibbs White last July and he’d played all season despite it not really being possible. Pick out the one or two players linked on social media regardless of the substance but who did well and say “if we’d shown ambition and signed Nunez” ignoring the Wilsheres and Sturridges they were also clambering for.
Every season without fail this comes and goes, it’s like the tide.
Once we do sign someone it’ll be that we should have signed x instead. Then we’ll hear about loans not being completed early prior to when the PL squads are confirmed, before then finally moaning that we’re leaving it to the last minute when the very best loans suggested don’t all happen as those types of players as weighting up their options.
I think people can get quite frustrated when we could benefit from bringing in some extra quality and we see players who’ve shown that type of quality going elsewhere. But, equally, we know that not all signings work out. For example, a striker that appeared to be smashing it at Swansea (take your pick) or an attacking midfielder who some have admired for years.

But, playing devil’s advocate, every season there are posters who constantly refute criticism of the club, berating those who criticise, give the impression everything’s going to be alright and then we fail. Then, the following season they spend all their time telling the critics they’re wrong, and, more often than not, we fail again.

And it’s really not worth getting into personal arguments with posters over this because, ultimately, it’s all out of our control. Every season there are one or two clubs that make things seem easy, for a couple of seasons that was us and it’s hard to go back to being one of the also-rans. As I’ve said on another post, I think we’ve got three more seasons where we stand a chance of getting promoted before we become reliant on finding a miracle worker. If the championship goes back to how it was pre-Covid, with most clubs losing money every season, then I don’t think we stand much chance of being ‘sustainable’. Which I why I understand people getting anxious.

The Bedwetters race into a clear lead

Its getting interesting

Next day or 2 going to be crucial I feel

At the moment it’s the bedwetters that bang on about the hotel that get my goat. A complete revamp from the floor up, no doubt after initial maintenance costs. For a business that has historically made losses.

Could it be the same people wanting it reopened were the ones moaning about it being built in the first place?

At the end of the day it’s just filler to pad out more reasonable concerns.

I think people can get quite frustrated when we could benefit from bringing in some extra quality and we see players who’ve shown that type of quality going elsewhere. But, equally, we know that not all signings work out. For example, a striker that appeared to be smashing it at Swansea (take your pick) or an attacking midfielder who some have admired for years.

But, playing devil’s advocate, every season there are posters who constantly refute criticism of the club, berating those who criticise, give the impression everything’s going to be alright and then we fail. Then, the following season they spend all their time telling the critics they’re wrong, and, more often than not, we fail again.

And it’s really not worth getting into personal arguments with posters over this because, ultimately, it’s all out of our control. Every season there are one or two clubs that make things seem easy, for a couple of seasons that was us and it’s hard to go back to being one of the also-rans. As I’ve said on another post, I think we’ve got three more seasons where we stand a chance of getting promoted before we become reliant on finding a miracle worker. If the championship goes back to how it was pre-Covid, with most clubs losing money every season, then I don’t think we stand much chance of being ‘sustainable’. Which I why I understand people getting anxious.

Most of that refuting relates to false claims by the same people or the old chestnut “weers munny gone” borefest.

Anxious - sadly part of being a Blade - is one thing. Spouting bollocks is another. Plenty can discuss their thoughts when challenged. You’ll find that the less willing to listen to the facts disappear quite quickly after negative and incorrect posts, only to resurface with the same nonsense a few weeks later on a different thread.

Most of that refuting relates to false claims by the same people or the old chestnut “weers munny gone” borefest.

Anxious - sadly part of being a Blade - is one thing. Spouting bollocks is another. Plenty can discuss their thoughts when challenged. You’ll find that the less willing to listen to the facts disappear quite quickly after negative and incorrect posts, only to resurface with the same nonsense a few weeks later on a different thread.
Well that’s the problem with sweeping generalisations about ‘this board’. Some of the posters are cunts, some are arseholes and some are pigs on the windup. Others just seem to want to score points and debate in bad faith. Some are clearly very decent people who just want to chat about their opinions on football, Blades and life and try to do this without being thundercunted or dragged into petty arguments about trivial points that have little relevance to the main point they’re trying to make.

As long as they don't shit the bed like Amber Heard then it's not so bad.

Well that’s the problem with sweeping generalisations about ‘this board’. Some of the posters are cunts, some are arseholes and some are pigs on the windup. Others just seem to want to score points and debate in bad faith. Some are clearly very decent people who just want to chat about their opinions on football, Blades and life and try to do this without being thundercunted or dragged into petty arguments about trivial points that have little relevance to the main point they’re trying to make.

There’s a few sweeping generalisa there. Personally, as l’m sure you know, l don’t believe using facts to nullify bullshit as an issue. It’s not always about point scoring.

Sadly the majority of doomsayers on here aren’t Pigs on the wind up. I just don’t get the continuing desperation to push clearly false agendas. It’s pathetic really.

I’d rather have the facts, no matter how unpalatable they may be.

One question has been troubling me more than any other recently so thought it could do with a poll...

Who will prove victorious, the Bedwetters or the Drybedders?

thanks for voting!
Had to look twice at heading following the anel thread thought it said bedwetters or dryfisters 🤣😍🤣🤣🤣

At the moment it’s the bedwetters that bang on about the hotel that get my goat. A complete revamp from the floor up, no doubt after initial maintenance costs. For a business that has historically made losses.

Could it be the same people wanting it reopened were the ones moaning about it being built in the first place?

At the end of the day it’s just filler to pad out more reasonable concerns.
Yeah to get a cheaper pint than they sell in the ground.... hurry up opening hotel cos ques likely to get longer at Railway

Yeah to get a cheaper pint than they sell in the ground.... hurry up opening hotel cos ques likely to get longer at Railway

Let’s spend a few million on a revamp plus fund any losses so beer is 30p a pint cheaper (?) and it’s five minutes less at the bar.

Bettis out, 247 in I say……..

Could the Drybedders be about to take a giant step forward???

Back
Top Bottom